Where were you 11 yrs ago today 9-11

Options

Replies

• annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i was with my boyfriend about to celebrate my birthday. obviously, that was put on hold when we got a phone call to turn on the tv,
    Even though he's now my ex, i couldn't have been with a better person to ease my fears all while he was trying to reach his family in NJ.:cry:
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Home watching Sportscenter talking abour Michael Jordan's return to basketball. I was getting ready for work when it happened and did not find out until I got to work. I'm in the military and at first I thought it was a military excercise. Changed everything after that day.
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was working as a receptionist in Arlington, Va (very close to the Pentagon) when we heard the news a plane had crashed "accidentally" with one of the Towers as we were watching the other plane crashed against the other one. I still remember the feeling which was more powerful than any other I have ever felt before. It was a feeling of being vulnerable and powerless. Then the rumors started about the 3rd plane and where it was headed to. I got really nervous. While the situations were being dealt with at the office, we heard this loud noise, a plane engine overhead, no plane ever flies over residential area, not in DC/Alexandria/Arlington area anyway, that's always been a "NO Fly Zone". I remember everyone came out of the offices, it was almost panic/chaos and then the boom. We went outside and we could see the pile of smoke in the air. All I can say it was terrible, an unreal nightmare but it was very real.

All I can say today is to those who lost their lives in New York, Washington, DC and the flight over Pennsylvania, R.I.P... We will always remember that dreadful day.
  • kimbly71
    Options
    I was attending the University of North Carolin @ Pembroke in Dr. Wishes physical science class. A young lady came in to explain what was happening and to tell all military spouses to head back to Fort Bragg and retrieve their children from the base. My husband was in the 82 Airborne and was on a 2 hour recall.

I have never felt so scared, helpless, angry and sad in all my life.
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    Probability and Statistics class at Frostburg State University. Not that far from where Flight 93 went down.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    At work at a fairly new job.... they let us go home early. Watched the TV the rest of the day... I remember no one could get through on cell phones anywhere.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    High school gym class. 11th grade. We found out right after class when we were in the hallway going to our lockers. Then every class had the news on and everyone was trying to call their families. I didn't even know what the world trade center was until then, sadly.
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was in bed asleep, woke up to the phone ringing, and I heard my Dad's voice on the answering machine (remember THOSE?!) saying "Oh my god, we are at WAR! Oh my god.". I grabbed the phone and turned on the news, and we watched together (he in Thailand and me in California) the second plane hit. We cried on the phone, and talked a few more times that day. I was a travel agent at the time, so the next few days were non-stop crazy, renting cars, booking trains, and trying to get all our stranded clients home or accommodated with every airport shut down. What a sad time...
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I was in 9th grade english....and our professor turned on the classroom t.v. and we watched it all unravel...it was crazy. very sad.
  • arabellaag
    arabellaag Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Flying back from NYC to Florida. Blessed to be here, telling the story.
    I will never forget, those who we lost. I LOVE AMERICA!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i was in science class-8th grade. It was really early for us when it happened. I was on west coast time.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I was in 9th grade economics class with the biggest *kitten* of a teacher. I remember they sent us home before the 2nd plane hit the towers. I got to actually see that happen on tv.
  • jumoore55
    Options
    I was working at Sumner Reg. Med. Ctr in Gallatin, TN, up on a floor, and saw the first tower report. Choked back tears the rest of the day. May we never experience anything like this again in this generation. Or any, for that matter. I remember going home, going for a walk with my dogs, noticing how beautiful the sky was that day. Bless all who lost on that day.
  • str1ne
    str1ne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Im proud to be a New Yorker (whether other states like us or not). . . Im proud to be American and I love this country <3

I think we were all New Yorkers that day!
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    At home prepping for work from home because my contract that was supposed to start that morning in NYC fell through the previous week.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I was 20 so I stayed up all night, went to sleep at 8am CST/9am EST and didn't know anything about it til my mom and brother burst into my room at 3:30pm/4:30pm when they got home from work. So I had no idea til well after it all happened. I basically slept through it.
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i was working at thelocal university i worked 5 am til 8:30 am. i usually finished my work around 8 so i would go sit in my car til about 8:20 then go to office and clock out so i didnt get fussed at. that particular mornign news was still on at 5 after (usually off by 2 after) so i rushed to office and wheni went in alli could get out was we are under attack, New york is under attack. the boss had the supervisor turn on the tv and aboout that time the 2nd tower was getting hit. i sank into the supervisors chair for about 15 minutes because it was that or fall on floor my legs were so shacky. the rest of the day i worried how to tell my daughter but the teachers at her school already discussed it with them and she was ok with it a little pissed off but ok
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I had just dropped my kids off at school and was going to run some errands when they said on the radio a caller just told them to turn on the TV, that a plane had just rammed into the WTC.

I didnt see footage until several hours later. It was really shocking.

I think they should regularly show the footage on TV and in our schools so our children never fall into the mindset that many people in my generation felt - we are invincible and untouchable.
  • magnoliasmama09
    Options
    At home getting ready for work. My husband called and told me to turn on the TV. All our hearts broke in that moment.
  • nangel4u
    Options
    At school that morning, I was only in 8th grade and after everyone realized what was going on and that it wasnt an airplane accident....everyone in the building had their eyes on the news.