Where were you 11 yrs ago today 9-11

Options
1242526272830»

Replies

• brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Here it was afternoon, I was at a doctor's office because I guess I was sick, I don't remember what it was. A nurse came in and said that there was a terrorist attack in New York, to which I replied "yeah, right" as while terrorist attacks were almost a daily thing here I wasn't used to hear about it anywhere else. I don't remember if there was any further conversation, but shortly after I came back home to see my mom and brother shocked in front of the TV when the second tower was falling down... And I think only then I realized she was serious.

The same day it was my grandmother's birthday and her, my grandfather and dad were on their way to Canada to visit the family, and my mom was trying to reach them like crazy. But when she managed to get in contact with them, it turned out that they were held in Heathrow airport in London, and they stayed there until later that night when it was declared safe to fly again.

It was a very sad and shocking thing, even from the other side of the ocean.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Was the Training NCO for my company at Hunter AAF, Georgia. Was pulling into the front gate, had JohnBoy & Billy radio show on the radio, when they announced the first plane had hit WTC.

The rest of the day was pretty much a wash. That evening, I packed my bags. Didn't end up going anywhere, but I felt it didn't hurt to at least be ready. I wanted blood that day, so did a lot of my friends.
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I was being picked up from school by my mum and an old friend of mine I hadn't seen since I moved house. I was really excited to see her but then the news was broken and I was quite shocked and didn't really understand it all (i was only a young teen). Still remember the exact road I was on when they said about it, the car my mum was driving, everything. I got home in time to see the building collapse. All so sad