178 to 150

Options
This is the picture that started it all...

9cbbbb5c.jpg

I could not believe how big I was.... 178 pounds, maybe a little more. This was the summer of 2010.

68cb294a.jpg

Spring 2011. By this point, I had lost down to 164 pounds.

c8ff2fee.jpg

Spring 2012. 155 pounds.

de638f41.jpg

Now.. 148 pounds.

I run 4-5 times a week and circuit train 2-3 times a week. I sometimes count calories. Mostly, I try to eat food that is good for me.

I'm posting these both as a celebration of how far I have come, and to keep me accountable to continue to strive to reach my goal weight... 135 pounds. I'm getting so close, but it seems like my motivation has been lacking as of late.

Replies

• oidage
    oidage Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done. you look great.
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Look fabulous well done
  • MariahD1832
    MariahD1832 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! you should be proud. Keeping going, those last few pounds are the stubborn ones, but you can beat them down.
  • aschr690
    aschr690 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You are very inspiring! I am at 166 lb right now and it's hard for me to imagine that losing 16 lb will make that much of a difference and it seems pointless. Looking at your pictures gives me hope!
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • jenjen0214
    Options
    Way to go!! I am following your path! Congrats on your great health and blessings to your continued success!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i wish i had pictures i did the same thing last year. Got engaged in December 2009 and weighed about 175, ate right (i did count calories for the most part), did cardio 3-4 times a week... made sure i didnt just go home after work and sit, i went outside and walked, played with my daughter. and by Sept i was down to 145, lookin gFABULOUS for my wedding.

it is amazing was 30 lbs lost looks like...

NOW i am back up to 176 after having my second daughter... so i am determined to get back down to my wedding weight :)

YOU LOOK AMAZING AND THANK YOU FOR THE MOTIVATION!
  • verymoxy
    verymoxy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First you look great! Second thank you for sharing. I am at 176 and my goal is 150 too!! Good motivation for me.
  • stephcthomas
    stephcthomas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    nothing is more motivating!

How tall are you? YOu look great at 148!
  • kylamb
    kylamb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Way to go!
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!! No doubt you will reach your goal, even though you look so happy and healthy at your "now" weight!! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    You look amazing, well done!!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    You look hot! Awesome progress. I can really tell you have lost weight just by looking at your face!

Be proud. :)
  • dawten
    dawten Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    BUMP for motivation :)
  • LindaJWan
    LindaJWan Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the motivation.....I'm 173 and it seems like it might never happen...so I love to hear stories of people really doing it....Good luck on your journey!
  • allnaday
    allnaday Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    you look stunning..........my motivation today.........i always try to find one each today.......i just did......
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm positive that you'll reach your goal, just keep up your hard work. It pays off, and you look GREAT!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats on having your hard work pay off!

You could be my twin. I also started at a '179' photo and am down to 141. I'm short @ 5ft 2, and I looked awful! feel so much better now, energized and addicted to workouts.

Again, congrats! I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work, your pics prove that it CAN happen! :flowerforyou:
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Fantastic girl!

Ain't it funny how a pic can motivate us... the same thing happened to me!

You are an inspiration girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!