WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON ZUMBA??

Options
1235»

Replies

• jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    It is fun but not my go to choice for a hard cardio workout. I don't like all the pivot turns and jumping on the hardwood floor....messes with my knees and aggravates my shin splints. I do like to dance though so for that aspect, it is fun. I burn about 400-600 calories an hour doing it per my HRM.
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    LOVE Zumba!! I've done Zumba for over 3 years now. Have the Wii game but prefer the classes (they push you more). You sweat like crazy and burn a lot of calories. For me, I've noticed it didn't do much to help me lose weight as my HR would skyrocket and then you're pretty much burning sugar. I still try to do it 1x a week mainly because it's fun and cardio is good for your heart health.

Try out a class (find one on zumba.com) most of the time 1st class is free and then $5 - $10 per class depending on where you are. I have seen a lot of women lose weight doing it, but it didn't give me that much loss. Still fun and I enjoy it.

funny.jpg
    hahhahhahah :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    I love zumba, is not just exercise, but is very sexy dance, and I love it!!! I can go any classes I want at 24hrs fitness and is free!!
  • pepsi666
    Options
    I did a class with my mum. I died rather loudly at the back halfway through.... I was a 20 a day smoker at the time though, plus i have a ****ie hip which caused no end of pain! My Zumba days are over :)
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I followed a few classes but couldn't get the hang of the moves. Finally stopped going because I felt terribly out of place stumbling my way through the routines. For my birthday however I got Wii zumba 2 so now I can dance my dorky version of zumba in private :blushing:
  • Maris165
    Maris165 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!! I have Zumba 2 on the Wii which I do on occasion, but my true love is going to the class. The teacher we have here is AMAZING! And its $2 a class, 60 minutes. She is cheating herself some money, she could easily charge $5 and still have a overfull class! :) It's not the only thing that I do, but I have an awesome time and the music is recent hits!
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!! However I only like it at a class....the energy of the room keeps you going and if your at home you can get bored...

This^^^ I get a good calorie burn in the class which is nice and it's fun. But, I like other fitness classes better such as RIPPED and Body Combat. But I am more of a kickbox kinda girl than a dance girl.

Anything that gets your heart pumping is a good thing!!!
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's fun and it doesn't feel like exercise, it feels like a good time!!! I have Zumba for the Wii, dvd's and I go to class too! My favorite is the live classes but I can't always make it due to my schedule, so I have two backup plans...LOL!! If I can't get to the Wii because of my son, I do my dvd!! If you are someone that needs to make working out more fun than hardcore, I would recommend Zumba!
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    100's of BETTER exercises for building a beautiful and fit body.

I totally agree!!! I tried it once and SO didn't get the facination factor :indifferent: . I felt like a fish out of water with uncontrollable limbs. Awful!

And I know how to dance!
  • lilya28
    Options
    I bought and tried the Zumba for the PS3 and its really a blast. It is a challenge to get motivated at home if you can this is an option.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    zumba.jpg

wtfrudoin.jpg
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    zumba.jpg

LOVE! :blushing:
  • oldsalty1
    Options
    Almost 4 years of Zumba...I am hooked...best workout for several reason....the calorie burn is amazing...I don't ever hit that much with extreme cardio...bootcamp or any other cardio classes...makes my brain work hard for those steps....I have abs...oh...I can shake my bootie like I am 20 again...lol
    My FitBit calculates the steps for me...7303 last night...between 500-700 cals depending on how much I work at it...3.1 miles...in a 60 minute class...5 min warm up...and a great cool down...stretches every part of your body...(No sore muscle since starting with this instructor 3 months ago)

Been to many classes...find your groove with which ever instructor works out for you! My girl now...is a killer! Sweating by the end of the 1st song...Amazing!!

Oh...just to let you know...I am still the most uncoordinated person in these classes...I laugh at myself all the time...
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ok i went to my first zumba class tonight..and the instructor said she would take it easy on us because we were new...she lied!! are all zumba instructors liars? But it was a good way..I hit my target heart rate..worked up a sweat...did manage to make it through the whole class without falling into a heap on the floor. I already can't wait for the next one. No, I doubt this would be effective as "the only" exercise a person does..but it IS a workout...and if you say it isn't..you were/are doing it wrong

Haha, it's quite likely that *was* the easy setting. It seems to vary a lot per teacher.
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Who has it? Do you like it? Where to get it? And how (if possible) to get the DVD free?

Thanks ^_^
    ~ Mae♥

I like it. I don't know any (legal) way to get the dvds free, however you can get individual ones on ebay for about $20 so you don't have to have to invest in the whole darn set. I like the toning workout on ripped. I just got activate and will see how I like it. You can see previews of it on youtube, but there are also some individual teachers that have workouts posted on there, usually not the best quality but if you wanted to get an idea you could watch some.

Also..the shoes make a huge difference. You need something with a bit of padding, but more importantly you don't want super sticky tractiony shoes cause you do a lot of pivoting and turning and if you feet stick its very hard on the knees.
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    I love Zumba... I have the Wii game, but prefer the classroom setting. :)
  • fitanndfab
    Options
    LOVE IT, You must try a class. The energy from the instructors and others who are really into the class is FANTASTIC. Try a local Y or gym and ask them if they offer a free class. Once you try it you will like it. It can be challenging at first, hang in there. Burns lots of calories!!
  • fitanndfab
    Options
    Yes, she is cheating herself. Some places in Maryland charge 10.00 a class. In Pa found a class for 40.00 for 10 classes.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have tried Zumba, the classes and the Wii fit version. It's fun, but I didn't find it to be as much of a workout as I'd like. I prefer something more intense, like running or the elliptical. I spend too much time with Zumba trying to figure out the moves, and where my feet should be, than actually sweating. If it's a night out with friends, yes, take the girls to a class. But, at home? I wouldn't recommend it.
  • jmaggs3
    Options
    I am lucky because I have the best Zumba teachers! When you sweat your head off in the first five minutes & after an hour you feel awesome, you are in the right place!!! I have had a few mediocre Zumba teachers so I know a LOT of of it depends on the teacher. I wish I had a more exact count on the calories burned - I wish this website had Zumba as a type of exercise - or at least "dance fitness".