MFP life cycle

Options
Yanicka1
Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
I have been here almost 2 years and I pretty much seen it all. This is how I see the life cycle of MFP (this tread is not about you personally….those are generalities. No hate mail please)

Newbie!!! This is sooo exciting, they are ready to do whatever it take to lose the weight once and for all.

-They cut calories as far as they can.

-Plan to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks

-Go to the gym 2 hours a day and do cardio to burn calories,

-Do not eat their earned calories back (because what is the point then and think that all of us to tell them to eat, please just eat are out of their minds)

-Panic because a have a meal with family at a restaurant and oh my god how will they fit the calories in (hint…..exercising for hours)

-Post a tread about how nasty the old timers are.

-Burn out

Option A

-Quit

Option B

-Learn as much as possible about TDEE, BMR, The science of nutrition, Heavy strength training, learn about body fat%. Up their calories, care less about the scale; get healthy.

-turn around and try to help the newbie

-Get tired of fighting with the newbie and start answering in a way the newbies find rude.

-Get tired of being called rude but are in the best shape of their life, enjoy life, eat a lot and stop the hamster wheel of weight loss.

Replies

• LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    option c...

play with manboobs and scratch head like.. idk.. wtf.. why arent i losing.. all the while chomping on mcdonalds..

i chose that one.. hope it was right..
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    She speaks the truth.
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Troof.
  • annahuebscher
    Options
    option c...

play with manboobs and scratch head like.. idk.. wtf.. why arent i losing.. all the while chomping on mcdonalds..

mmmmmmmmm manboobies....
  • VenomousDuck
    Options
    then...
    Stops replying to newbies, because like teens, they know it all (right after they asked the question) so becomes jaded and starts to post jokes instead of helping anyone.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    you are wise
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Truth.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    **applause** Well said.....I fall into the category of smart-A
  • Ms_Steel
    Options
    **applause** Well said.....I fall into the category of smart-A

realllllly?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Correctamundo!!!!!!!!!! :heart:
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    option c...

mmmmmmmmm manboobies....

mmm as in fries? otherwise.. its eww....
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    Option D

Troll the threads and gain weight.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    then...
    Stops replying to newbies, because like teens, they know it all (right after they asked the question) so becomes jaded and starts to post jokes instead of helping anyone.

A good poop joke is always needed....
  • Yanicka1
    Options
    Correctamundo!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

Oh I forgot the moment when you get called attention *kitten*!!! That is always a tremendous moment.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    That's it in a nutshell! Yay for Option B!
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more!

But . . . is it wrong that one of my goals on this site is to have all the newbies call me rude and click that little "ignore" feature under my picture. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that.

Oh, and I STILL wish that you got notified each time someone did just that. I'd like to have a ticker (with an audible "ding" sound) to let me know each time I piss someone off :devil:
  • Yanicka1
    Options
    I couldn't agree more!

But . . . is it wrong that one of my goals on this site is to have all the newbies call me rude and click that little "ignore" feature under my picture. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that.

Oh, and I STILL wish that you got notified each time someone did just that. I'd like to have a ticker (with an audible "ding" sound) to let me know each time I piss someone off :devil:

Oh yea. Also I remember when I got my first warning.......good time, good time
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    imagesqtbnANd9GcTOvnopl0N7tdNj5YsnrNtgz32fYnEGkkiuNAZ37nUnkl2cYLvJXg.jpg
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    *cliche comment about OMG she can't believe OP is showing (any) skin in her profile pic!!!!!!!! has she no respect for herself!!!*

:heart: This post was too perfect. Thanks.