MFP life cycle

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    I couldn't agree more!

But . . . is it wrong that one of my goals on this site is to have all the newbies call me rude and click that little "ignore" feature under my picture. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that.

Oh, and I STILL wish that you got notified each time someone did just that. I'd like to have a ticker (with an audible "ding" sound) to let me know each time I piss someone off :devil:

Oh yea. Also I remember when I got my first warning.......good time, good time

What you got notifications if someone ignored you? Dang I wonder how many people ignore me?
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    I have been here a year and have noticed the pattern. This post is 100 percent correct.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I :heart: this thread.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    heres the option i took

...lose 40 lbs before finiding out about this sight 2 years ago
    ...get on here to log food and look at hot chicks when bored at work and use my own common sense to finish my weight loss
    ...get on threads and make funny remarks to stupid forum posts
    ....finally....maintain my weight loss by tracking food on here and looking at hot chicks while broed at work
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    then...
    Stops replying to newbies, because like teens, they know it all (right after they asked the question) so becomes jaded and starts to post jokes instead of helping anyone.

Hey VenomousDuck, I NEED that T-shirt for my hubby!! CLASSIC!!
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 532 Member
    then...
    Stops replying to newbies, because like teens, they know it all (right after they asked the question) so becomes jaded and starts to post jokes instead of helping anyone.

Nailed it :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    :laugh: :wink: :tongue: :drinker:

Love it!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    option c...

play with manboobs and scratch head like.. idk.. wtf.. why arent i losing.. all the while chomping on mcdonalds..

i chose that one.. hope it was right..

ha!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    So true!!

And I almost cringe when I think back to my newbie-ness.

I'm glad I wised up fairly quickly.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    That's great!! I was just thinking about this today! I've been here almost a year straight and am definitely finding myself on the Option B end of things! Although, I don't think I'm generally rude to people but just shake my head and walk away instead of wasting my time replying. That and I was thinking that there should be a warning before someone posts something about using the Search option first!! I get tired of seeing the same old topics over and over!
  • Amen.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Obviously not everyone goes through this, of course. I joined the site not looking to lose weight. We all come from different walks of life here. Believe it or not, people had lives, bodies, science, physical jobs and fitness before they joined mfp and even before the internet (actually, especially before the internet).:wink:
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And the truth shall set you free!!
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    and when you politely point out to someone who regularly eats like this:

intake 1200 less cardio 800 = net 400 - please eat something

you get flamed on the Boards that you're a panic merchant and don't know what you're talking about - I actually got told I was 'too big' to understand how to have a regime like the above and was jealous of their success!

I'm happy to eat sustainably and lose 1 - 1.5 pounds per week
  • then...

Pretty much!

After this one, add ....."Stops posting jokes and responding altogether but still rolls eyes at Recent Forum Topics like "Help! I've been dieting for 3 days and haven't lost any weight!"
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    heres the option i took

...get on here to log food and look at hot chicks when bored at work and use my own common sense to finish my weight loss
    ....finally....maintain my weight loss by tracking food on here and looking at hot chicks while broed at work

NICE.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    I knew it all before joining, so after a short break in period to feel out the forums, I went straight to B.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Yes, but you forgot about the part toward the end:

...gets wrapped up in the MFP social life & accompanying drama. Ignores fitness topics, sticks only to Chit-Chat threads
    ... MFP drama becomes a bit much, even interfering with real life
    ... leaves MFP, without much warning
    ... returns under new name

... REPEAT as necessary
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    heres the option i took

haha ^^ this
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    I've only been here 4 months and I'm with you already lol