70lb down, in stats and pictures.

Options

Replies

• Christinesyear
    Christinesyear Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Really awesome! Keep up the fantastic attitude and you'll be healthy for life.
  • AmyS1975
    Options
    You have done amazingly well! Congrats! I love your and love that you did a shout to your MFP "soul mate". Thank you for sharing and inspiring us.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed and felt very motivated after readying your post. I love the way you showed the clothing pictures. Very nice way to show progress. It was nice to read that at a doctors office you recieved a blunt statement about your weight. It seems most of my past doctors were always willing and wanting to write a script which I did not do.

Your work and dedication is amazing. Great results.
  • nikki62279
    Options
    You look great! WTG!!
  • LadieTink
    LadieTink Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    :drinker: feels good right ... congrats
  • scottpwilliams
    Options
    That picture of the 2 different trousers says it all! wow, well done mate
  • Ferfey02
    Options
    Inspirational.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Much better man! Keep up the good work!
  • a_stone_girl_dances
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    You look like a completely new you. You look so much more happy. Congrats on the loss!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Looking good! Congrats!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    A dang fine job you've done! I don't think youre "still fat" a bit!! You look great!!
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Great job! Big difference in the face alone!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Great job! The shirt & short comparison is amazing! Congrats!!
  • SimonIsChanging
    SimonIsChanging Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome man :)))))
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great! Thanks for the story and the before and after pics, that is what I need to keep me motivated.
  • davidshutter
    davidshutter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    Thank you so much everybody for your kind words. I still struggle with accepting praise due to some pretty unkind things that have been said to me in the past (I'm sure I'm not the only one in that boat!), so I really value every one of your compliments!

A little update from the last week -
    I had a trip to the hospital (for something only tangentially related to my weight) and the consultant looked back through my notes and was extremely impressed with my progress. He thought there was a mistake at first. On my last visit to the hospital I weighed 120.1 kg and on thursday I weighed in (on their scales) at 86kg. A loss of 34kg (75lb) in a little under 12 months.

After some discussion he's given me a target weight (based on BF%, and some other stuff more relevant than BMI) of 76kg (168lb). I'm aiming to be there by christmas so I've reset my goals, reduced my loss-rate to 1lb a week and I'm going to see how I do this month.

I weighed in yesterday, and I had already lost another 3.2lb (but that was on my scales... and wearing a little less!)

Thank you again, everyone.
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    RIGHT ON!
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    1) Amazing results. You've really done a great job and should be proud.
    2) What is this "napalm-hot chilli con carne" that you speak of? I must learn more about it (ie: share your receipe please)
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! It's clear you were determined to make major life changes and you did. Go you!! You've added many years to your life and put less stress on your heart. Not to mention the boost in self-confidence you must have post-weight loss!! You are an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!