Replies

• KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    The Ring. I hate that *****ing movie.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    So someone please tell me what paranormal activity is about. Do any kids or babies die because then I refuse to watch it! My hubby is going away on a caribou hunt in a week and I always want something good to watch after the kids go to bed. Good or bad idea to watch that movie?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up between Jaws and Hostel.

I'm still afraid to swim in the ocean!

My son, who can't stomach grossness, loved Hostel, and I thought it was the most violent movie I'd ever seen. I asked him why he could watch that and not Saw. He said "One word. Boobies." Ugh. :laugh:

Well, that and once you've seen one Saw movie, you've seen them all.

Yeah, but I still like to watch 'em. :smile: I think VI is the only one I haven't seen.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Blair Witch Project made me giggle (see avatar) so pointless! Paranormal activity -- *yawn* boring. Haven't seen The Strangers..maybe will have to check that out.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    So someone please tell me what paranormal activity is about. Do any kids or babies die because then I refuse to watch it! My hubby is going away on a caribou hunt in a week and I always want something good to watch after the kids go to bed. Good or bad idea to watch that movie?

By all means, watch the first one. It's worth it. The 2nd and 3rd? Not so much.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    bump!

i still haven't seen a scary movie since The Ring that REALLY REALLY scared me. Paranormal Activity was good. I jumped a few times, but I wasn't creeped out like I was with The Ring. The past 10 years of scary movies have been a major let-down. :(

if you want to watch something kind of disturbing and interesting, Rob Zombie's Halloween (2007) is awesome!! LOVED IT! not really scary though but explores the psychology of Michael Myers. :)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge vadge, so my scariest movie seen was Jeepers creepers 2. Couldn't even make it halfway at the halloween party, I bolted out the door. That was years ago, and I STILL cant stand seeing tree branch shadows under street lamps. /chills

Funny enough, I've seen the Ring 1 and 2, bless the child, the exorcist and missed call, & parts of Carrie and they barely phased me. /shrug
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I'm a huge vadge, so my scariest movie seen was Jeepers creepers 2. Couldn't even make it halfway at the halloween party, I bolted out the door. That was years ago, and I STILL cant stand seeing tree branch shadows under street lamps. /chills

Funny enough, I've seen the Ring 1 and 2, bless the child, the exorcist and missed call, & parts of Carrie and they barely phased me. /shrug

I just bought Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2! I liked the first one better, though. Another good one is Joy Ride (also liked the first one better).
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    When I was little Freddy Kreuger scared the hell out of me!!! I screamed and cried everytime I saw him. Then after I got older I realized how crazy it was to be scared of him. But now my scariest movie of all time is the original black and white version of Night of the Living Dead. Oh man to this day every time I watch it I get scared.
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    silent hill and the ring
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I watched Insidious way back with some friends. It would have been scarier if I watched it by myself. When I was much younger the scariest movie I seen would have probably been Stephen King's IT. I hate clowns.
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Not Without My Daughter
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    13 Ghosts.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I love horror movies but they almost never scare me. I have seen hundreds. Almost every movie people here have listed and many, many more and I have been scared by two movies as an adult.

The Mothman Prophecies scared the everloving crap out of me. Every time something flew against the window for days it scared the pants off me.

The original version of The Haunting of Hill House. Not the new crap. The black and white version.

As a kid I saw Silver Bullet and that scared me. But that's the only one I remember scaring me as a kid and I watched a lot of horror movies even back then.

Teeth

I felt like Teeth was less of a horror movie and more like a sad commentary.
    and The Notebook. Oh, the horror!!

hahhahaha. I feel you there. Nicholas Sparks in general definitely haunts my nightmares.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    jAWS IS SCARY...duuuunun....duuunun...dun-dun-dun-dun-dun---dunuun~! LOL

i use to sit at the end of my pool with my acustic guitar, shut off the lights to the pool, and play that song, my 3 brothers would freak out - they would go in to a panic choking on water and drowning each other trying to get out the pool.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I love horror movies but they almost never scare me. I have seen hundreds. Almost every movie people here have listed and many, many more and I have been scared by two movies as an adult.

The Mothman Prophecies scared the everloving crap out of me. Every time something flew against the window for days it scared the pants off me.

I used to help run the animal shelter in Point Pleasant, WV, where the Mothman is from. They have a statue of him in the middle of the town! The first time I went to the shelter, I looked up the Mothman before I left, and the computer started acting really weird. The screen was shaking and I couldn't close out that page. On my way there I was hallucinating thinking I saw him flying across the road. It was freaking me out, man!
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    When a Stranger Calls (the original one) - the first 15 minutes of that movie kept me up at night and had me terrified to babysit because I saw it when I was like 12 or 13. I still don't think I could watch it to this day.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

I used to help run the animal shelter in Point Pleasant, WV, where the Mothman is from. They have a statue of him in the middle of the town! The first time I went to the shelter, I looked up the Mothman before I left, and the computer started acting really weird. The screen was shaking and I couldn't close out that page. On my way there I was hallucinating thinking I saw him flying across the road. It was freaking me out, man!

Yeah, after I saw the movie the aspect of reality is what scared me the most. And I spent a great deal of time studying Point Pleasant and the whole Mothman mythology. Which made it even worse :laugh:
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    "The Birds."

I watched that the Halloween of 6th grade. I had to walk home in the dark after that. I literally had my jacket over my head as I was walking. Thought those birds were going to come eat my eyes out.

Other than that, I love scary movies. As long as I have a cuddle partner.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    The Ring. I've never made it through the whole thing.