Success to hopefully keep you going! :)

Options

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi Tami. Your pictures and your story are so motivational, thanks for sharing. I'm curious what foods were your biggest weaknesses prior to starting this journey?
  • twilight1542
    Options
    WOW! You're gorgeous :) Your transformation is amazing...I can't wait until I get to my goal! Knowing that you reached your goal & have been able to maintain even with a pregnancy is such an inspiration for all of us on this journey! Congratulations :)
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hi Tami. Your pictures and your story are so motivational, thanks for sharing. I'm curious what foods were your biggest weaknesses prior to starting this journey?
    Hmm, I think it was more about portions in my case. I just ate entirely too much for my body and metabolism. However, I have always had a weakness for comfort foods. Hmm, go figure! I turned to food for "comfort". UGH! :):tongue:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    WOW! You're gorgeous :) Your transformation is amazing...I can't wait until I get to my goal! Knowing that you reached your goal & have been able to maintain even with a pregnancy is such an inspiration for all of us on this journey! Congratulations :)
    Thank you!! And best of luck. You can do this! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You are a complete inspiration Tami. Seriously! Why else would I have just gotten up, changed into my gym gear, done a few reps of press ups and lunges, then gone for a run in the Australian summer in the middle of the day? ;)

Phew..hot now, but totally worth it.

You're amazing.

xx
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    Half yourself! 50%! Totally amazing! You are a true inspiration to all of us who have a lot of weight to lose. I am trying to lose 42% of myself.. and well on my way, but seeing before and afters of those who have already done that and more is helpful in keeping pointed in the right direction :)
  • TamTastic
    Options
    You are a complete inspiration Tami. Seriously! Why else would I have just gotten up, changed into my gym gear, done a few reps of press ups and lunges, then gone for a run in the Australian summer in the middle of the day? ;)

Phew..hot now, but totally worth it.

You're amazing.

xx
    Wow!! Now THAT is awesome! :) So glad I could help!! And jealous you're in Australia! I've always wanted to go!

Keep up the great work. :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Half yourself! 50%! Totally amazing! You are a true inspiration to all of us who have a lot of weight to lose. I am trying to lose 42% of myself.. and well on my way, but seeing before and afters of those who have already done that and more is helpful in keeping pointed in the right direction :)
    That is why I posted this. I know it's easy to tell people about success but to actually see it in before/after photos...is another thing. I know seeing stories like that is what helped me keep going to reach my full potential! :wink:

I am so happy I could help. :bigsmile:
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    Thank you for this post Tami. I have been putting off conceiving baby no. 2 in fear of additional weight gain. I wasn't prepared to carry a baby while weighing 264 lbs!

But looking at your before and after pictures, I can't wait to kick it to 2nd gear on my journey to weight loss and healthy lifestyle. I am still struggling with comfort foods and occasional binging. But I am getting there, I know it ... and reading inspirational posts on success stories like yours is just what I need :)

You look great Tami, and I can't wait to share my sucess story to inspire others too :)
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Tami, thanks so much for sharing this. I am so proud of you and yes, all that you have shared here will keep ME going! When a person really thinks about it, eating healthy and getting regular exercise isn't all that hard. The hardest part is change. I know thru you and so many others here it can be done! Just gotta keep believing and don't ever give up! Thanks again, you look wonderful girl!
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    Wow u look amazing! Ur drive and motivation absolutly inspires me! SOmetimes i feel like i will never reach my goal but when i see other people who have it makes me feel like hey i can do it too! Thank u so much for sharing!
  • Nicole718
    Options
    Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I literally joined this site a few minutes ago. Yours is the very first post I have checked out. Your pics really are worth a thousand words! I was always thin until being hit by a drunk driver several years ago. My weight ballooned from 128 to my current weight today of 298. I usually fluctuate now between the 270's and the 290's. Reading your story is such an encouragement. You were very pretty before, but now you look unbelievable!

Thank you so much for posting your success story. It is my greatest desire for people to see very similar pictures of me in the future!!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I think your awesome Tami! I remember a year ago when I joined your success was a huge inspiration to me. I was so glad to see you do so well while you were pregnant too!
    Thanks for sharing your success!
    Tami
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Thank You, great motivation, I too have half of me to lose.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, Tami! You were a big inspiration to me last January when I started this journey. I often think of your "peanut butter" thread, because you and I both love the stuff. Think I will go have a spoonful with my breakfast in your honor. Have a great New Year!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, Tami! You were a big inspiration to me last January when I started this journey. I often think of your "peanut butter" thread, because you and I both love the stuff. Think I will go have a spoonful with my breakfast in your honor. Have a great New Year!
    :laugh: :laugh: I do love my peanut butter!!:drinker:

And you're welcome!! Keep on, keepin on! Happy New Year!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story Tami. I have always remembered you from MFP and always wondered what your journey was like. You truly inspire me and show me that this weight loss thing can totally be done.

Take care of yourself and your family.

Best wishes.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Tami I love hearing your stories over and over! You are truly an amazing wonderful person and we all love you for just being you!! So here's to you Pretty Mama! :flowerforyou: :drinker: As always, with love!!!!! You will always be Pretty Mama to me!:heart::bigsmile:
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I have been around since March and I have met you before and you look great! I'm back on board too! Wish me luck.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    SInce I joined MFP you've inspired me. You are one HOT MAMA! Thank you for once again sharing a part of you with all of us!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!