Lady friends... Moisturizers

Options

Replies

• MissJenova
    Options
    LUSH!!! Lush lush lush lush lush cosmetics! Haha can you tell I'm a fan?

Organic and easy on the skin. I bit pricey sometimes, but I have found it to be so worth it. The Imperials lotion is a good place to start if you wanted to look into it.

Good luck!
  • MissJenova
    Options
    If anyone knows of good hand moisturizers, please pm me. My wife's hands get so dry in the winter they crack and bleed

Ouch that sounds awful! I'm a fan of anything Gold Bond, but Vaseline has come out with some nice intensive moisturizers too. Not sure if you've tried any of those (I'm not too sure what to suggest), but maybe something they have will help.

Also have her put on moisturizer then sleep with cloth gloves on her hands at night to help a bit.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.

This. I'm allergic to nearly every lotion I've tried, except this.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Organic and easy on the skin. I bit pricey sometimes, but I have found it to be so worth it. The Imperials lotion is a good place to start if you wanted to look into it.

Good luck!
    I was also going to suggest Lush. They can do no wrong.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I use Mary Kay Time Wise and it has an SPF in it so BONUS!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Aveeno clear complexion - I like it better than the ultra calming because it has a little bit of medicine in it to avoid breakouts or oily t-zone (me). But it still promotes evenness, smoothness, and small pores.

I use generic Oil of Olay for sensitive skin - and have for 5 years. I love it and it's cheap. The CVS generic is really nice.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Clinique Dramatically Differnt Moisturizing Lotion.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    If anyone knows of good hand moisturizers, please pm me. My wife's hands get so dry in the winter they crack and bleed

Ouch that sounds awful! I'm a fan of anything Gold Bond, but Vaseline has come out with some nice intensive moisturizers too. Not sure if you've tried any of those (I'm not too sure what to suggest), but maybe something they have will help.

Also have her put on moisturizer then sleep with cloth gloves on her hands at night to help a bit.

For hand moisturizers I use (generic) Vaseline Intensive care Advanced healing lotion. It's fragrance free, good for sensitive skin, and you get the moisture without feeling greasy. I have also been known to use Udderly smooth during sleep with gloves or Corn Husker's oil with gloves at night.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Aveeno 'Ultra calming"

This as well, love it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I use Lubriderm unscented with SPF 15.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I like Osmotics blue copper, but Clarins is one of my faves too and better for sensitive skin! they're both spendy though.
  • BluenoserChick
    BluenoserChick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.

^ It is the only one that doesn't break my face out and it also allows my make-up to got on smoother. One bottle lasts a long time with is a plus.

^^^^ Wholeheartedly agree. Only thing that works for my overly-sensitive skin.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Aveeno 'Ultra calming"

+1 to this

+1 also
  • xXxLxXx
    Options
    Neutrogena Facial Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin with SPF 15...
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Ahava Anti-aging SPF 15.
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil and/or vaseline.....

And I've got WAY sensitive skin. I have to use organi, all natural soap, shampoo....all that stuff. Chronic dermatitis and I swear, I'm alergic to my own sweat...and rain...and, well...AIR!

But a combination of these two things on my skin (and coconut oil on my hair as well) have made a HUGE difference.

THIS! i use coconut oil on my skin and hair... LOVE it, and it smells gooood!
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Aveeno too - either the Ultra Calming or Positively Radient. The comparable WalMart/Equate one works pretty well too.

These.. I use the Aveeno Positively Radiant and always get compliments on how great my skin looks and rarely wear make up, just this lotion
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Say Yes to Cucumbers (soothing), Aveeno daily moisturizer.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Good luck!

I was hoping someone else said that.

Yes!!! Go to Lush!! I have very sensitive skin and break out with a lot of stuff. It was a bit pricy though. I stopped using the face scrub because the bits of seaweed left a mess in my tub, but I use the toner and moisturizer still with burts bee's face wash. The moisturizer is a life safer! And it doesn't take much to use :)
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I use Dermalogica skin smoothing cream. Pretty sure it's unscented and it doesn't bother my sensitive skin at all.