Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred--Beginners

Options

Replies

• pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    how many calories does the jillian michaels burn?? level 1, level 2, level 3.

No idea. It's going to depend on your current height, weight and how much effort you put into it. I log it as circuit training and it come back as 192ish for me. But I have heard that you can burn up to 300 calories on it. Not sure if that's true or not. I just figure it's more important to be doing something than it is to worry about exact number of calories it burns.
  • imdawn
    imdawn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Finished Level 1, Day 5 last night...thinking about moving on to Level 2...I don't feel like I'm sweating enough? I was really sore the first couple days but not so much anymore are you supposed to stay on one level for 10 days?...I do still have trouble with the push ups, and the fake jump roping, but other than that everything seems ok...

I know somebody else already mentioned it, but I can't remember which page it was on now..has anyone else had better results with the Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism dvd? It looks REALLY intense...I need some serious results in less than 2 months here is a video clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy3m3uyUZ7E
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    I started level 2 today. Holy cow she really kicks it up a notch! Dawn, if you think you're ready to move up, then do it. She really raises the bar. I kinda wish I'd started L2 a few days ago. I think what you're supposed to do is do one level until you think you're ready to move on, then move up. Obviously, the harder the work out (no matter what level) the more calories you're going to burn and the better the workout will be.

So, I'm done with Day 11 - or Level 2 day 1.
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I kept hearing level two was easier than level one. I'm sooooooooooo glad to hear it is more intense! I'm due to do the Shred today but I think I'm going to do something else since I have more work out time on the weekends. I'll do something longer but not sure what yet.
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    I felt like it was 20 minutes of cardio and cardio with weights. I was sweating more by the end of it than I ever was by the end of L1.
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it. DO you love it!!!:love:
  • missyjane
    Options
    I kind of have a love/hate relationship with it. It kicks my butt but I can tell jiggly places are firming up already under that layer of fat that is slowly coming off!

I did Leslie Sansone's Walk and Jog today. I have to say, it wasn't easy. The thirty minute workout is supposed to be the equivalent of walking 2 1/2 miles and it really felt like it was!
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 1 on Level 1. It did give me a workout. I am excited I actually was able to complete it. I am focused and today is my new beginning. I am also starting the weight watchers program today.
  • kswietek
    Options
    Yes, level 2 kicked my butt!!! All the work done in plank position is a killer for me, it hurts my wrist so bad. Any ideas for improvising. Those walking push ups are killers. I have only taken one day off of working out since I started in on Jan. 5th and my knees are hurting me today, so I think I'll just do the workouts without the jumping. I don't want to not work out every day, it keeps me motivated. I really would like more abs work so may just add in some more ab work.
  • caerts
    caerts Posts: 1
    Options
    HI Kathy,

My name is also Cathy, go figure. I started Jillian Michaels about a month ago. I found out that I have no muscle strength! I was always pretty good at doing cardio, but not strength. I can only do a girl push-up, Ha. But I still do the workout. I have also done the 30 day shred #2. I think it has gotten a little bit easier since I started, but not much. Before when I did the workout I wasn't counting my calories. I was eating like a pig and working out. I know that's why I haven't found it to be too much easier. I have just started watching my calories 6 days ago. It will be interesting to see if it gets easier once I've lost some weight. Good luck with your workout!
  • kimisue8
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!It's been about 4 days since I've done Jillian until this afternoon.....I did levels one and two for a total of 40 minutes...I'm really sore...Just wandering if anyone is having trouble sticking to this after about say 3 weeks or more....I'm kinda hitting a slump and don't know what else to try> Any suggestions~kim
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi i just started 30 day shred and i was wondering how are you supposed to do this video. are you supposed to do it everyday or 3 times a week? also do you know how any calories does this workout burns? do you see any results even if you do not diet or eat the same as you used to? thanks in advance for the replies
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    Hi i just started 30 day shred and i was wondering how are you supposed to do this video. are you supposed to do it everyday or 3 times a week?

It's up to you really. Some people do it every day, others every other day. I do it every day (for now) and then when I'm done with my first 30 days, I'm going to mix it up with Couch to 5K and incorporate a day off (which I do not do now). But you can do it however you like really.
    also do you know how any calories does this workout burns?

No idea how many it burns. It's different for everyone based on age, weight, etc... I log it on here as 20 minutes circuit general and it shows up as 194ish for me. Not sure how "true" that is but that's what I go with!
    do you see any results even if you do not diet or eat the same as you used to? thanks in advance for the replies

I'm sure you would see some results as you're getting some exercise, For me, I've only lost 1 lb since starting it 12 days ago and I have changed my eating habits. However, I know it's doing me good because my muscles are sore and each day the work out gets easier and I'm able to do more.

Hope that helps!
  • missyjane
    Options
    L1D7. Done. When Jillian makes the comment about seeing a big difference in your endurance if this is your 5th, 6th or 7th day, I wanted to slap her today!
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input.
    Hi i just started 30 day shred and i was wondering how are you supposed to do this video. are you supposed to do it everyday or 3 times a week?

It's up to you really. Some people do it every day, others every other day. I do it every day (for now) and then when I'm done with my first 30 days, I'm going to mix it up with Couch to 5K and incorporate a day off (which I do not do now). But you can do it however you like really.
    also do you know how any calories does this workout burns?

No idea how many it burns. It's different for everyone based on age, weight, etc... I log it on here as 20 minutes circuit general and it shows up as 194ish for me. Not sure how "true" that is but that's what I go with!
    do you see any results even if you do not diet or eat the same as you used to? thanks in advance for the replies

I'm sure you would see some results as you're getting some exercise, For me, I've only lost 1 lb since starting it 12 days ago and I have changed my eating habits. However, I know it's doing me good because my muscles are sore and each day the work out gets easier and I'm able to do more.

Hope that helps!
  • kimisue8
    Options
    girl, I want to slap her when she says "I have 400 lb people do this!" I don't know how on the biggest loser, they work out for 5 to 6 hours a day...
  • imdawn
    imdawn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I went ahead and bought Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism (Walmart $10)....all I can say is WOW...pretty much dying and I got the sweat I asked for...by the bucket load couldn't finish all the moves. I think I am switching my dvds and I'll use the 30 Day Shred when I'm pressed for time instead ;)

For the girls wondering how many calories they are burning type in your weight and the minutes at the top and look at the CIRCUIT TRAINING http://www.convertalot.com/exercise_calorie_calculator.html
  • pz5wjj
    Options
    L1D7. Done. When Jillian makes the comment about seeing a big difference in your endurance if this is your 5th, 6th or 7th day, I wanted to slap her today!

I hear that!
  • CCH410
    CCH410 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 1 day 1. OMG I think I might throw up, or die, or maybe both. I barely got through it and I hurt already. I hope the pain isn't awful tomorrow!
  • missyjane
    Options
    girl, I want to slap her when she says "I have 400 lb people do this!" I don't know how on the biggest loser, they work out for 5 to 6 hours a day...

I agree with that one, too! I always think to myself, "I'd like to meet those 400 pound people..."