Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred--Beginners

Options
pmjsmom
pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
I received this for Christmas (it was something I'd asked for:smile: ) and I want to start it on Monday the 28th.

I know there are threads for this dvd but I was wondering if there are any others who are just beginning this?

Want to support and encourage each other?:flowerforyou:

Kathy

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I am going to town tomorrow and was going to look for it. Tagging this in case I purchase it!!!
  • YoungJr42
    YoungJr42 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I bought it for my girlfriend as a gift. She has a hard time making to the gym with her schedule. I'm not sure when she'll be starting, but she's my only friend on here if you want to ask. I'm thinking about trying it myself.
  • tami52
    tami52 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I bought it earlier this year and tried it once. I was sore for days! It's very challenging, but must be effective in the long run to elicit such soreness. I remember having a tough time getting through the whole thing. Since I am starting my whole weight loss journey today, I thought it would be a perfect beginning. It is definitely worth buying and trying.
  • Charlotte254
    Options
    I use this video 3 times a week and the rest of the week do other videos..it is very challenging! I love it. I feel like the blubber is falling off when i do these!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    :smile: Great. Do we all want to start next week?

I'm going to be looking at the video this weekend and setting up my schedule for the workouts. I try to come here at least once a day (I'm temporarily unemployed and so I have the time! :laugh: AND I need the support and motivation to not start eating out of boredom, etc. :devil: )

hope to see you all on Monday! :flowerforyou:

Kathy
  • tami52
    tami52 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    See you on Monday!
  • Arlala555
    Arlala555 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been posting on the other thread about the 30 day shred and have not started the video yet. I am planning to start it today. Glad someone started a new thread about this video. They seem to be so advanced in the video that I am getting lost for support. Since we are all starting it around the same time, I know we all can be great support to each other! Best of luck to you all shredders!!!!!
  • selinee_81
    selinee_81 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    so glad you started this thread :) i got the dvd too after nagging my boyfriend. so glad to start now rather than the new year.
  • Arlala555
    Options
    so glad you started this thread :) i got the dvd too after nagging my boyfriend. so glad to start now rather than the new year.

So your starting today too? YaY. We can keep each other motivated!
  • Arlala555
    Options
    OMG!! I have been totally underestimating this video. It's kinda tough. I was figuring a 20 minute video. ppphhh what a breeze. But on the contrary I had to pause a few times. Good thing I am taking a long first ten days. The real ten days start on the first lol.
  • Lboogie1
    Options
    I purchased the video earlier this year and have only watched it. I will definitely join you all in shredding away the pounds...how should we hold one another accountable.:wink:
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I ordered this dvd before xmas and still waiting on delivery :grumble: but should get here this week and plan on starting everything on the 1st Jan :flowerforyou: .

This day 5 months (May 27th) I will be walking down the aisle :heart: and I am hoping to lose at least 30-40lbs :embarassed: :noway: .

This thread will be great for me since we are all starting around the same time.

I am dreading the DOMS though :sick: - I don't mind muscle pain as the saying goes "no pain, no gain" but with Jillian Michaels I KNOW it's gonna be a lot worse than normal workout pain :laugh: :laugh:
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am interested in joining. I bought the dvd earlier in the year and started it but my mom pasted away in April and I am just getting myself back to exercising as of Dec. 10. I decided not to wait for the first of the year with all of the food for the holidays coming in. Lol I will start tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
  • selinee_81
    selinee_81 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    just a sugestion but....... could we take measurements and weigh in perhaps on the start of the first day of shredding as i think it would be interesting to see how it affects our body shapes?? so when is everyone starting, should we all start the same day and we can keep a daily log and just generaly moan about the aches and pains :)
  • csnealey
    Options
    If it is ok with everyone else, I think that would be great because sometimes you lose inches even though the scale shows no change in your weight.
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I would be on for that.

I have a set day each week for weighing in but as for measuring - how often do you think we should measure?
  • tinamommy727
    tinamommy727 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I gained 18 pounds since getting laid off, so I'm going to go and get this too, so I'm going to start it on Monday also, I'll keep you posted!!
  • csnealey
    Options
    I usually weigh and measure myself once a week on Saturday. Some people measure once every two weeks or once every month.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    I really like the idea of measuring. I've not started that because my tape measure is always missing!:grumble:

I'm going to print out the one at sparkpeople.com and keep it with my equipment.

For anyone else who needs one, here's the address (I hope--you can always search their site, too, if this doesn't work. I'm not always sure of what I'm doing when it comes to this technical stuff!:laugh: ):

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/printable_tapemeasure.pdf

I think once or twice a month would be okay--what do the rest of you think?

Kathy
  • csnealey
    Options
    Ok, so I weighed this morning and took my measurements.

sw for 30 day shred: 214
    waist: 37
    hips: 43.5
    bust: 43.5

Now I am off to shred some pounds and inches :laugh: , lol