Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred--Beginners

Options

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :smile: Lv1D4 done!:smile:

Did my yoga as a cooldown, too.

pinkpoole--I found it harder than last week, too. I think 2 days off might be too much so I might work another one in on the weekends. Maybe Sat. evening. That way I'll be doing it 4 days a week!:tongue: Our stamina will increase soon, though.:happy:
  • suef
    suef Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi have just been reading this thread and would love to join in. I actually got this DVD back in November. Even though Jillian says she has 400lb people doing jumping jacks, I found doing them hurt my foot and heel so badly after one session that I had to start doing static jumps instead, and I am only half the weight. I ended up stopping for a bit as my foot was so sore but I am going home tonight and starting again and will aim for Mon, Wed & Friday and get on the Bowflex 3 times a week too. Inbetween that I will make sure I am the one to take the dogs for their walks so that will help burn extra calories too.

Looking forward to shredding with everyone.
  • DZKathryn
    Options
    Hey all, I did the shred for two weeks during the summer and then just kind of stopped...but I am going to start again. Tomorrow will be my first day. I know it is a real butt-kicker and I think the memories have kept me from starting back up sooner. I'm going to try to do Mon-Fri and Sat/Sun will be my days off.

How does this get entered into my exercise diary? As general aerobics? I'm excited! =)
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. L2 D3 down:happy: . Hope everyone is off to a good week.:flowerforyou:
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Finally took my measurements:

Start date: 1/2/09
    SW 175
    CW 175
    GW 145

Waist: 33 3/4
    Bust: 42 1/2
    Hips: 42 1/2
  • melissahager
    Options
    I start level 1 day 4 tomorrow... skipped it yesterday and had a lazy Sunday. Wish I hadn't, but that's hindsight for you! Did day 2 of my running program today and I love it! I think alternating the running and Shred will be a great mix.
    Melissa
  • kimisue8
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!I did my workout today....My daughter had me try the craziest thing...We did level 1 and then did level 2 for 40 minutes....I can no longer move tonight....I did actually like doing both but my ab area is really killing me...I will be back walking tomorrow...Hope everyone has a good night...
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I got my Monday work out in this morning. It was hard, but I like the workout. I've started eatting only protein and veggies, no carbs. I miss my coffee with creamer and my diet coke.
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi all! It looks like everyone is doing so great! After running errands when I got off work and then spending time with my son, I didn't get a work out in until 8:15. I decided to do a one mile WATP to ease back into things since I just went back to work after winter break. Tomorrow, Jillian is back in the que!
  • corredora
    corredora Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so glad to find this group and hope it will hold me accountable. I started level one today but have done No More Trouble Zones before. The first time I did level one I could barely walk the next day! I usually run for exercise but can't stand to run in this cold weather. I hope Jillian will help me keep on track until I can start running in the spring.

SW 145
    GW 125
    Bust: 36
    Waist: 32
    Hip: 39
  • missyjane
    Options
    Oh, and I just want to throw in that I stuck with water while at work today (as opposed to my usual constant diet cola in my hand). That definitely helped me get my water in today!
  • moonflower
    moonflower Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation, all. I found this workout on my cable Exercise-On-Demand line up and tried level one. I'm glad there were other posters that mentioned they were struggling, or else I would really feel like a loser. OMG! I could feel my breathing getting heavier after only a few minutes on the warm up! LOL! And I'm convinced the jumping jacks and the push-ups will be the end of me! :laugh: But I'm going to try doing this 3 days a week for now and see how it goes. Thanks for the great idea. I love this site and the positive energy from everyone here. I hope we all reach our goals!
  • Beconsistent
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Everyone!

I just completed day 4 of level one. I'm finally starting to feel like this is getting a little bit more managable (I'm not ready to say easier yet). Still "pushing" through those push ups though. After I finish the first cardio circuit I feel like the most challenging part is over. I can actually say that I am looking forward to working out tomorrow. Again, it just feels really good once I'm done and no one can take that feeling away from me.

Have a fabulous day and remember your on your way to being "SHREDED!"
  • missyjane
    Options
    I agree: the first cardio circuit is the most challenging. Once I'm over that bump, I feel like I can make it the rest of the way!
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30 Day Shred off the On-Demand from my Cable company. Today they took away level 1, and there was only level 2. So I tried it. OMG. My arms are sore.
  • kates0820
    Options
    I have had the DVD for a month and have started and stopped it 3 different times. I become bored with it after about day 8. I although loved how I felt after finishing a workout.

Like I said, my problem is becoming bored with it. I need something to keep me "entertained" and interested in doing it. I stopped looking forward to doing it and eventually quit.

I do wish good luck to all of you who are doing it. It DOES make you feel great, and DOES make your body sore...just didn't work for me.
  • stepha2707
    Options
    I didn't read all 4 pages of posts but I just started the 30 day shred yesterday (ouch) and was wondering if most people are doing it everyday for 30 days or taking a day off after the workout to rest muscles????
  • mschelle
    Options
    Steph -
    I plan to *try* for every day. In my experience, working out with sore muscles is the best way to get rid of that soreness. If I get to the point that I can't move, though, I may take it easier. I'm on day 4 and still sore. Some yoga at night (work out in the morn) seems to also really help the growing stiffness.
  • stepha2707
    Options
    Thanks! I guess I better get off the computer then and let Jillian kick my butt again...lol!!!
  • mschelle
    Options
    L1D4 done!