Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred--Beginners

Options

Replies

• laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    I haven't done the video for 3 days, but my shower head is busted and have to use my parent's shower across the street until they replace the broken one in my apartment which they own. I'll start up doing it again tomorrow, but I might not be able to do it every day like I wanted to.
  • mellysbelly
    mellysbelly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    man was i sore this morning!!! :sad:
    i went to physical therapy this am and that kicked my sore booty. but i got in 45 min of exercise there.
    L1D2 tomorrow!

:D
  • rmcotter777
    rmcotter777 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    is it too late to join the group...? i have the video and just need all the motivation that yall are so graciously giving out!
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    is it too late to join the group...? i have the video and just need all the motivation that yall are so graciously giving out!

You are welcome to join! This is pretty informal: we are just cheering one another on!
    I did L1D3 today. So you aren't all that far behind. I, like some others,. are mixing Shred up with some other workouts and not doing it every day. I've been doing Walk Away the Pounds videos on my off days.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I had to start doing static jumps instead

Hi Sue,

Could you explain what a static jump is? I'm thinking I need a lower-impact type of jumping jack (at least for now!) because of old leg injuries.
    Would these be lower impact?

Thanks,
    Kathy
  • melissahager
    Options
    Level 1 day 4 done! Wasn't loving it today... I think I am having a difficult time transitioning back to a normal work day (I'm a teacher and have been off for 2 1/2 weeks!) Shred again tomorrow and then Couch to 5K running program on Thursday.
    Melissa
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 4 done! Wasn't loving it today... I think I am having a difficult time transitioning back to a normal work day (I'm a teacher and have been off for 2 1/2 weeks!) Shred again tomorrow and then Couch to 5K running program on Thursday.
    Melissa

Me too, Melissa!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    april - thanks for the post - I just started the shred and was wondering if anybody else did more than one workout at a time. I usually work out for longer so while the 20 minutes is certainly intense - I kind of felt like I was just getting warmed up. (Even though my body told me different the next day! :ohwell: ) Anybody else doing more than one at a time??

You are welcome keep up the good work! I did C25K last night but am choosing a break night tonight. TOM tomorrow and am so sore right now... I will get back on tomorrow with C25K and jump back with the Shred. Good luck everyone - Going to watch Biggest Loser tonight. Can't wait to see this new season!
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    I'd like to join thsi group too!!! I did L1D3 today, I havent been sore at all from the vidio, thinking of bumping it up to L2. I just finished a boot camp and am good shape right now, have more endurance then ever before so I am goign to bump it. Man can she work out a sweat though!!!
  • mom12
    mom12 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I got this today and I am going to do it on days I can't get to the gym. sounds like a good challenge. how do we count it on the exercise log?
  • kimisue8
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!! I walked my miles today!!!Will be back tomorrow doing the video....Can't wait to hear Jillians voice again....lol
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Ok...so I did L1D1 on Monday...it's now Wednesday morning and I can still barely walk...my quads are on FIRE! LOL Not to mention my butt cheeks....that's Jillian! I LOVE the DVD, but I think it's going to take me a lot longer than 30 days...I can't make it everyday with my work schedule right now...and the fact that I'm going to be traveling a LOT these next three months.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and see how everyone else felt after their first day. I consider myself to be somewhat physically fit...so was anyone else completely SORE the first day after doing it? :) I wish you all the best of luck on this journey...sorry I'm starting a little late!
  • Eliaheart
    Eliaheart Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I haven't started yet, but I just bought the DVD on Ebay, so as soon as I receive it, I'll start!! :)
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    L1D5 done!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Can I join? I haven't started yet, but I just bought the DVD on Ebay, so as soon as I receive it, I'll start!! :)

:smile: Of course!:smile: The more the merrier!:flowerforyou:

We're a pretty informal group here. Some of us are doing te Shred every day and others (like me!) are doing it every other day with different workouts in between. This is mainly for support and encouragement and everyone is welcome.

Kathy
  • janebo
    janebo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    May I join this group? I have completed two days of Jillian and I am feeling it...so sore, but that's good.

I lost 23 pounds a year ago through pound plunge, but have gained nearly all of it back so here I am again. This time, I am determined to lose and KEEP it off!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome, janebo!:flowerforyou:

I just finished L1D5 and I am feeling it! :smile:

Unfortunately, I was very stiff this morning (could be the weather, I guess) but I'm loosening up. :happy: The workout and the yoga afterwards really helps!

Kathy
  • michellejayne
    Options
    I love it , i have only done it a few times, very challenging but you can feel it working!!!! Good Luck!!
  • lolly333
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just started the Shred (L1D2 tonight) and just want to check in and see if those of you who have been doing 3 days of Shred/ 2 days of other Cardio find that this program is working for you. I was so sore after my first try, so it MUST be doing some good. I just like to hear that other people are having success before getting invested in a program.

Thanks!!
    Lauren
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just started the Shred (L1D2 tonight) and just want to check in and see if those of you who have been doing 3 days of Shred/ 2 days of other Cardio find that this program is working for you. I was so sore after my first try, so it MUST be doing some good. I just like to hear that other people are having success before getting invested in a program.

Thanks!!
    Lauren

Well, most of us have just started. For me, I am noticing that my abs feel tighter already (I just did L1D5--Shred3/week, c25k3x/week)--almost like I'm wearing a girdle (remember those!:tongue: )

Kathy