How does one lose 15 pounds in two weeks?

124»

Replies

• caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 176 Member
    I lost 20 lb in 5 hrs - after having an abdominal "jellyroll" removed (also known as a penniculectomy). Before people start jumping on me about having radical surgery before losing the weight first - I had a persistent infection in that area that nearly killed me and wouldn't quit. I had plenty to spare and after it was gone, I seem to burn fat more efficiently, but the rest of the weight wouldn't budge in spite of a dedicated exercise schedule. If I hadn't had MFP for support, this might have discouraged me so much that I would have quit. Turned out it was massive fluid retention and so, then I lost about 8 pounds in less than an hour (more surgery). I'm wearing a drain that sticks out of my abdomen and empties amazing and disgusting blood and whatever was keeping me from losing weight - into a bag. After eliminating grain products from my diet, the drainage has taken on a bizarre consistency and I'm losing by the day what I'd expect to lose in at least a week. I eat like a pig - I just stay away from foods that are a threat to my health.

too bad you're so skinny, kid. Without something to either cut off or temporarily torture off your body - oh wait, yeah - you can do that, but as soon as you're eating again - you'll expand back to where you were and most likely - even more. Except for the 20 lb for the amputated pannus, I've worked hard for the weight I've lost and some might say that I worked hard for all of it considering how difficult it's been to recover from the surgery. Look, I got fat in the first place because of crash dieting when I was younger. Do you really want to end up weighing 350 lb by the time you're 35?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    For anyone who was asking, I actually found on someone's blog today that the average human leg weighs 5 pounds. So far we have 2 legs @ 5#'s a piece and 1 average human brain at 3# for a quick weight loss of 13 pounds. FTW
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    For anyone who was asking, I actually found on someone's blog today that the average human leg weighs 5 pounds. So far we have 2 legs @ 5#'s a piece and 1 average human brain at 3# for a quick weight loss of 13 pounds. FTW

Maybe a baby's leg.
  • Excluding obvious methods such as surgery just pay attention to your calories. I have lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks and did not enter a muscular catobolic state once. I was hungry about 50% of the day, but hey it worked.

1 glass of skim milk (3 cups) upon wake up.
    1 glass of oj (3 cups) at 11.
    1 glass of powerade (3 cups) at about 2 or 3.
    Then one sandwich, i work at McDonalds so i had a quarter pounder with a fried chicken patty and 2 slices of white cheddar cheese and ranch sauce, at about 5 or so during my break.

and that resulted in a little over a pound a day lost.