What do you do for a living? Do you like it?

Options

Replies

• bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    Graphic Designer - currently working at newspaper publication! loving the fast pace of the work :) and love the field in general!
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    News reporter and radio announcer. Absolutely love it with every fiber of my being!
  • Shawty_Ro
    Options
    Home carer, love it!!!!!!!!
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    engineering geologist and project manager - I love it most of the time. It gets stressful. Also a sleight-of-hand artist/magician occasionally and I REALLY love entertaining people nad getting them to experience a sense of wonder and WTF??
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I manually *kitten* zoo animals for insemination purposes. It's a good job. It pays well and I am helping to keep certain species from becoming extinct.

My guess is you work for the San Diego Zoo, you work with cheetahs, and I attended your presentation called "Nightmoves."

Better you than me.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm an apprentice horse trainer and I love it. Sometimes I get itchy and impatient and want to strike out on my own but know I'm not quite ready. Other than that, very happy.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I manually *kitten* zoo animals for insemination purposes. It's a good job. It pays well and I am helping to keep certain species from becoming extinct.

My guess is you work for the San Diego Zoo, you work with cheetahs, and I attended your presentation called "Nightmoves."

Better you than me.

Nope. :smile:
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I work in higher education, and most of the time I love it!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay a home mom. My daughter has cerebral palsy and needs someone to be available at all times if she get's sick or has a seizure. It's not what I'd hoped to be doing with my life, but I make it work. I have a degree in Criminal Justice and wanted to be a cop.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am an AR Supervisor and cannot complain. I also write in my spare time.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I currently work at RadioShack. Been there off and on for 7 years while in school. Finished electronics engineering tech program last year and will be finishing biomed engineering tech program in 2013. So I look forward to one day leaving the Shack but I have enjoyed being there!
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm a fashion designer in NY- lingerie design specifically. I LOVE my job. Sometimes I feel like a dork saying that, but it's pretty awesome getting paid to go shopping and make sexy lingerie every day.
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mom and CNA going for my LPN... the first, yes. He's so wonderful!! The other.. it pays.. ha. I do like it but it wasn't my first choice.

I was a CNA for 5 years. Once you get your nursing degree you'll be glad you've had the experiances you have as a CNA. Invaluble experiance.
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Medical Assitant (CCMA, CPT, and CET) and this is the first job I've ever loved. Maybe someday I'll get an RN or BSN, but I don't want to give up my awesome hours.
    If I do get further creditation, I think I would only do it if I could be in community eductaion. I don't want to work a traditional nurse role in hospitals, nursing homes, or assisted living centers.
  • rhvandan
    Options
    I design all of the plastic packaging that everyone loves to hate...you know, the stuff you have no idea how to open without completely destroying the plastic, thereby removing just about any hope of ever returning it.

That's me. ;)

I buy that stuff by profession, so I like you! :tongue:
  • rhvandan
    Options
    I work as a merchandiser and purchasing agent for a packaging distribution company. We started by selling Jan/San items (janitorial and Sanitary for the layman), moved into traditional packaging (boxes, bubble, tape, stretch film, etc) and now we have changed focus to food packaging. So, now I source and buy food packaging as well as the other stuff that our customers won't let us stop selling. I like my job on most days, but like everyone I have those days that literally makes me want to commit Hari Kari. My coworkers are pretty fun.. well.. some of them... my vendors are pretty awesome. That's a definite perk.
  • ctgirlscout
    ctgirlscout Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Currently unemployed, but up until end of May...high school history teacher.
  • DayumStraightIAmEllie
    Options
    I have three jobs:

Babysitting
    Childcare worker
    Retail-sales associate

I love them all:)
  • izzysonlyhope
    Options
    A respiratory therapist, its ok I only work 3 days a week but 12 hrs sucks too as you don't have much time after work to do things
  • srworthy
    srworthy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hydrographic surveyor or an offshore construction company...for the most part it is great but I do end up being away from home a lot