Are you really a size .0008.7? Are you?

Options

Replies

• Crossfitjessi
    Options
    I am a size 4, I borrowed a pair of jeans from a friend they are a size 4, I went shopping I am a size 4. i measured myself and looked at the sizing chart I am a size 4. i dropped 26 pounds to go from a 10 to a 4. So i am a size 4 and proud because I earned that. yes, everyday in my life with everything I wear.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of girls wear whatever brand they need to in order to claim they are a size 0.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    (this, by the way men, is why we are all neurotic about our weight… don’t blame us, don’t even blame supermodels in the media. No, blame our ridiculous clothing sizes and our apparently mathematically challenged designers.)

thank you for clearing that up for me :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm a size zero

Zero being the degree to which I care, and also the degree to which clothing size actually matters
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Ding ding ding..........
  • wakeboardgirl77
    Options
    love it!!!!
  • partenopea
    Options
    I LOVE THIS!!! Size Schmize. I have shirts ranging from xxs-large as well... pants size 2-8... It's all crap! I have one pair of jeans that I have had for years and I base how my body is changing on those since I feel my best when I can wear them.

This post was awesome and so are you :)

Ditto for me... and yep, you are both awesome. ;-)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I went to Old Navy yesterday. I walked out with 2 shirts in size small and 1 in size large. In their jeans I am a size 2, but in other brands I am closer to a 6. I am 5'4" and weigh 132 pounds.

Women clothing sizing is maddening. I'd love to see pants standardized to waist, hip, and inseam measurements.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Okay, now your a size 1, how do you look? I give up.

Torrid is a plus size clothing store. They don't do 1x, 2x... they do 1, 2...
    It was meant to be ironic.
  • softballsharie
    softballsharie Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    A lot of people talk about this, and I certainly believe it. There wouldn't be so many distressed females if this weren't the case. However, my sizes have always been uniform across the board. When I weighed 182 lbs. I was a size 12 in jeans, a size 12 in dresses, and a size XL in shirts, no matter where I shopped. Now that I weigh 139 lbs, I'm a size 4 in jeans and dresses, and a size small in tops. Maybe my body is strange... I'm sorry I can't sympathize. I'm probably one of those small girls that bothers you so much for being proud of the fact that I dropped a bunch of sizes. :/
  • dwkloveswine
    dwkloveswine Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This "rant" just made my day!!!! Thanks!
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Ummm....all my jeans/dresses/skirts are 8-10. All brands, all cuts, from all stores.

Having started at a size 22-24.....yeah, I'm a little giddy about that. Sorry if that offends, but.....I'm proud of what I've accomplished.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    A lot of people talk about this, and I certainly believe it. There wouldn't be so many distressed females if this weren't the case.

I think women will always find some justification to make themselves feel badly about their bodies.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    How about we stop caring what size everybody else is and just worry about whether our own butts can fit into those super kawaii goal jeans we have nailed above our bed like an corporeal symbol of triumph?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I'm a size zero

Zero being the degree to which I care, and also the degree to which clothing size actually matters

VICTOLY
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Old Navy jeans sizes run different per jean. I may wear an 18 and it will fit fine then another pair same size -18 (still Old navy brand) and it will be baggy. ????? I love their jeans other than that. It just depends but I will be honest and admit that yes I am in double digits-no need to lie here. Ill be happy to drop to the next size down. hopefully soon....
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    :love: I love you OP. Sooo true. I bet the girls that are a "size 2" also cry when they go to try on a size 2 that's too small and need a size 4, thinking they just gained all that weight. A lot of education with some of these girls. Clothing size will vary to whomever made it, and the material!
  • amraggio
    amraggio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe people shouldn't brag about how much weight they've lost on here either 0_0

Sorry but if I ever get down to a UK size 10 (US 6) I'm gonna stand on my work roof with a tannoy announcing to the world and offering to tattoo the fact onto peoples foreheads.

Of course people are gonna brag about there "NSV's" it's half the motivation for not getting to eat deep fried cheese anymore

Yes, Ma'am! The day I slip into jeans with a size that is in the single digits, everyone I come into contact with is going to know.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    Options
    And while we're at it........Why do designers seem to think my hips and waist are suppose to be the same size? I've met no woman ever who's hips weren't a bit (if not a lot) larger than her waist.

Also, Petite is suppose to mean short not tiny........or elderly! I'm 5'3" and buying pants is painful cause I have to search for the petite lengths so I don't trip over the legs. If the average woman inseam 32inches, then why are average pants 34inch inseam?

That's It! I'm joining a nudest colony!! :)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

It is well known that sizes have inflated since several years ago. Marylin Monroe used to be a size fourteen, and she'd more likely be a size 7 or 8 these days. I would like it a lot more if they just went to a different system across the board. Like, punch in your measurements at a kiosk, and it punches out all the clothes that will fit you and where to find them in the store. Would that really be so hard?

I remember a few years ago a brand, I think Levi's, had something like this. You'd get measured and they'd find the right jeans for you. At the time I thought it was a cool idea but never got around to it and I have no idea if it still exists.