Any hypothyroid folks here?

Options
13»

Replies

• Stevensno
    Options
    I've suffered from this for way over a decade.Had radio iodine treatment in 1999 and have been on varying MG's of Thyroxin ever since. Up until Christmas 2011 it affected my every day life, the depression, the mood swings,the lethargy, not to mention the enormous weight gain.

Since Boxing Day 2011 ( my light bulb moment) I've lost over 140lbs, I now realise that because of my thyroid issues that I must work that extra % harder to continue my lifestyle change,It was hard for me to turn that fact into a positive and use it as my driving force, but I'm in that mindset and hopefully will remain so.It can be discouraging to see other people getting better results for their efforts at times, but it is what it is.

Hopefully you'll ( and other sufferers) will find your motivation and mental strength to defy the odds because it can be done.I still have a way to go but I know it's a lifelong challenge that can be overcome.

Nice to see a lot of determined people in this thread,best of luck to you all.