Requesting all your healthy soup recipes!

Options

Replies

• 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest skinnytaste.com but someone already did. Looks like some good ones here. I look forward to some cooler weather so I can make some. Thank you
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Amoy - Reduced Salt Soy Sauce, 50 ml
    Buxtons - Mineral Water, 3000 ml
    Cheese - Parmesan, grated, 50 g
    Oxo - Reduced Salt Cube Vegetable, 2 Cube
    Worcester Sauce, 3 tablespoon
    Mortons Coarse - Sea Salt, 2 tsp
    Spice - Smoked Paprika, 1 tsp (2g)
    Spices - Rosemary, dried, 1 tsp
    Spices - Pepper, black, 2 tsp
    Leeks - (bulb and lower leaf-portion), raw, 1300 g
    Sweet potato - Cooked, baked in skin, without salt (Sweetpotato), 5 large (about 1/3 more then the leeks)
    Flora - Buttery Spread, 0.5 container (100 gs ea.)

fry chopped leeks in the butter. steam chopped sweet potato. shove in a blender with as much water as you need. boil through. add whatever seasoning you like (need something sour and robust, or may be too sweet). Guzzle.
    Recipe makes about 4 litres.

Very nice with parmesan. optional add olive oil and butter.

Per 100ml: cals 47 carbs 9 protein 1 fat 1 sodium 174 sat fat 0
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    bump for later
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    HAMBURGER SOUP
    1 pound ground beef
    4 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
    1/2 cup onion, chopped, 2 1/2 ounces
    1 clove garlic, minced
    9 ounces cabbage, chopped, 1/2 medium or 4 cups
    2 ounces fresh spinach thinly sliced
    2 cans beef broth
    4 broth cans water
    8 ounce can tomato sauce
    2 teaspoons salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1 teaspoon Spicy Seasoning Salt or seasoning of your choice

Brown the hamburger with the onion and celery. Drain fat. Add the cabbage; cook and stir until tender. Add all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low for about 2 hours. Adjust seasoning to taste.

Makes about 8 servings
    Can be frozen

Per Serving: 126 Calories; 7g Fat; 11g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber
  • fddc2cpa
    fddc2cpa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love our crock pot! Awesome ideas, everyone. Thanks!
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Cut up an entire small-medium head of cabbage and sautee it in 2-3 tbs of olive oil. When it's starting to become transparent, add a bag of frozen mixed veggies and two jars of your favorite pasta sauce, plus one jar's worth of water. Add seasonings to taste and let simmer for an hour or so. Eat for days and days, be very full and, ahem, regular. :)
  • Krazy4Fitness
    Krazy4Fitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Taco Soup - Yummy!!

1 lb. ground turkey or lean beef
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 (1 oz.) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
    1 (1 oz) package taco seasoning
    1 (16 oz.) can pinto beans
    1 (16 oz) black beans
    1 (16 oz) can chili beans
    1 (16 oz) can corn (no need to drain) or can use frozen
    1 (8 oz) can Mexican-style tomatoes (i use rotel, love it spicy!)
    1 (16 oz) can diced tomatoes (any flavor)

Brown meat & onions and drain.
    Mix Ranch & Taco seasonings into meat.
    Add rest of ingredients, undrained to mixture.
    Supposed to simmer 1 hour, but i can never wait that long!! :)

I like to crunch baked tortilla chips in mine!!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    WEIGHT WATCHERS ZERO POINTS GARDEN VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE
    Hands-on time: 20 minutes
    Time to table: 1 1/4 hour
    Makes 9 cups

6 cups broth (today I used Light Vegetable Stock)

Cooking spray
    2 carrots, peeled and diced
    1 large onion, diced
    4 teaspoons garlic (from a jar or substitute four cloves minced garlic)
    1/2 cabbage, chopped (or use a bag of slaw, the biggest chunks you can find vs the fine, don't skip the cabbage for it somehow makes the soup)
    1/2 pound frozen green beans
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 large zucchini, diced

Bring the broth to a boil in the microwave. (This is a time-saving tip that can be skipped if there's no hurry.)

Spray a Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat on MEDIUM HIGH. Add the carrots, onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the zucchini and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to MEDIUM and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the beans are tender. Add the zucchini and cook until the zucchini are tender. Serve and enjoy!

NUTRITION ESTIMATE
    Per Cup: 61 Cal (3% from Fat, 24% from Protein, 73% from Carb); 4 g Protein; 0 g Tot Fat; 0 g Sat Fat; 13 g Carb; 3 g Fiber; NetCarb10; NetCarb10; 52 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 701 mg Sodium; (Sodium would really depend on which broth you use.)Cholesterol; 0

NUTRITION NOTES This soup is low-cal, low-carb, high-fiber and no-fat. But hmmm. What about the claim that it has no points in the Weight Watchers world? I suppose so, since all the ingredients are "free". But honestly, a calorie's a calorie and so I count every one of them whether from chocolate cake or fresh vegetables. In my book, this Garden Vegetable Soup counts as 1 point but is a definite one-point winner.

KITCHEN NOTES
    Zero point soups are easy to make without a recipe. Just cook a pile of non-starchy vegetables in 6 cups of a non-fat broth. It's even easy to convert one-point soups to zero-point soups.

I ALWAYS DOUBLE MY RECIPE AND FREEZE IN INDIVIDUAL CONTAINERS FOR A YUMMY SNACK ANYTIME! To me it taste even better after it has been frozen, kinda like pasta the next day! :smile:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,704 Member
    Options
    Not really a slow cook recipe. But a quick easy meal.

Soup Au Pistou

I pack mixed frozen veg (beans, cauliflower, etc)
    1 diced tomato
    1 stock cube
    Pesto (1 lheaped tablepoon per serving)

Boil everything but the pesto until done. If you are not watching carbs, a diced potato is a classic addition. Add a good dollop of pesto to each bowl while serving. The pesto adds so much flavor you can omit the stock cube if you want to omit the sodium..
  • Louie1956
    Louie1956 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is SO fast and SO good!!!

One half bag of chopped cabbage (Gordon Foods)
    One package mixed vegetables
    One large Swansons container of beef or chicken broth

Season to taste whatever your choice is: Salt - pepper - seasoning salt - garlic powder - I ALWAYS use spicy seasoning.

Place all ingredients in large pan - cover and let simmer until cooked and favors blend.

NOTE: Many times we will have 1 cup of this soup before our regular meal. Really helps cut the hunger pangs.
    Sometimes I have added fresh ground turkey or chicken to make it a full meal
  • staceywtucaz
    staceywtucaz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,704 Member
    Options
    Not a slow cook recipe, but a very quick and easy dinner.

Mock Bouillabaise

1 onion
    1 can of tomatoes
    mediterranean herbs (ie any combination of thyme, rosemary or oregano)
    1 or 2 filets of white fish (tilapia, haddock or anything that takes your fancy)
    Optional shellfish such as shrimp, clams or mussels if you have that lying around.
    1 tablespoon rouille or aioli (recipe follows) per serving

If you can afford the calories, brown the onion in a little olive oil. Otherwise, just boil them up with the tomato thinned down with some water or white wine to make it a soup consistency. Throw in the fish and cook until done. If using, add the shellfish at the last minute. Serve with a tablespoon of rouille in each bowl.

Rouille
    From Scratch: Make mayonnaise by beating an egg yolk then beating in olive oil in a slow stream. Flavour with chopped garlic, lemon and salt and paprika.
    Cheats version: Stir an egg yolk into a third cup of prepared mayonnaise and flavour with chopped garlic and paprika.

Note: Official version of bouillabaise tend to be nit picky about the types of fish use. Typical recipe will specify 6 varieties or more. It was a dish traditionally made on the fishing boats of the mediterranean to feed the workers, made from all the little spiny fish that wouldn't fetch a good price at market.
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MLT314
    MLT314 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump...bring on the soup!
  • mwp164
    Options
    Making the Sacred Heart Soup tonight but bumping it up with Garlic. Looks delicious.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i *think* i got this recipe off of this very thread,
    was so so good,
    i posted whole new thread about it!!:laugh::heart:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/743753-200-calories-chili-soup-only-20-min-to-make:heart:

200 calories per 1 &1/4 cups,
    and only 20 minutes to make a pot.

and it's delish!
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have a family size crock pot which i love and im on the hunt for some soup ideas, give me whatever ya got, the colder weathers coming, i need to get prepared!

I saw this topic not 30 seconds after reading a cool article with 7 good soup recipes for losing weight, so here's the link.

http://www.dlife.com/dlife_media/diabetes_slideshows/fat-fighting-soups?utm_source=Foodstuff-20120918&utm_medium=eNewsletter&utm_content=Foodstuff-newsletter&utm_term=Focused&utm_campaign=dLife-eNewsletter
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    PUMPKIN AND SAUSAGE SOUP –

1 pound pork sausage (use mild, hot or italian sausage)
    1/2 cup onion, chopped, 2 3/4 ounces
    1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped, about 5 medium
    1 clove garlic, minced
    15 ounce can pumpkin
    4 cups chicken broth
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/2 cup water
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    In a large pot, brown the sausage along with the onion, mushrooms and garlic; drain fat. Add the pumpkin and broth. Add a tablespoon of Italian seasoning at this point, but I've left that out. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes. Add the cream and water; simmer 10-15 minutes longer. Adjust seasoning.
    Makes 8 cups or 8 servings

Per Serving: 232 Calories; 16g Fat; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 10g Protein.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Shari’s White Chicken Chili

2 lbs ground chicken (can use turkey)
    2 boxes of low fat chicken broth/stock (I use Swanson chicken broth)
    1 24 oz can diced tomatoes (I like Delmonte` basil garlic)
    1 small chopped onion
    2 cans white beans in garlic herb sauce
    1 yellow summer squash diced
    1 zucchini diced
    2 lrg celery stocks chopped
    1 tsp kosher salt & black pepper to taste
    1 pkg McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasoning (I like it a bit more ‘zippy’ so I add 1 ½ package).

*Brown ground chicken with 1 small chopped onion, seasoning with kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to taste. I usually do one pound of ground chicken at a time so when doing this, use ½ the chopped onion with each browning.
    Over medium high heat, add chicken stock, diced tomatoes, white beans, summer squash, zucchini, celery and seasoning in a large pot and let it just barely come to a boil. Then add your browned chicken and let it come to a full boil. Remove from heat let it sit for 10 -15 minutes before serving.

Serves: 6-8
    Note: If you don’t like to much of a ‘zip’ in your chili, then only use ½ of the seasoning packet. Chili is even better the next day! Enjoy!!