Anyone eat only the lean meats?

Options
I decided that cutting red meats as well as pork out of my diet is best for cutting down, I only eat chicken,turkey,and fish. What about you guys/gals?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon. steak, ground beef, fish, chicken

nothing wrong with red meat.

dont buy the hype against it
  • jronan21
    jronan21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I tend to do more chicken, fish, and turkey but I still do red meat and have success. I do watch the % lean on ground beef but bacon is a must once in a while...lol.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I primarily eat lean meat. I'll have steak, lamb, or bacon from time to time, but it's a treat rather than a staple of my diet. It works well for me and helps me keep my fat macros where I want them. However, there's nothing inherently bad with red meat when eaten in the right serving size.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I decided that cutting red meats as well as pork out of my diet is best for cutting down, I only eat chicken,turkey,and fish. What about you guys/gals?

I do the same but not really by choice I have a intolerance to red meat so I just don't eat it.... Like I can eat it ... but I don't like the full day of side effects.
  • sisa1965
    sisa1965 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to chicken and fish so thank goodness I am having success with red meat.
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I lean toward chicken, but I also have lean pork, beef, veal, turkey. Lean hamburger, fish, shellfish, occasional bacon, sausage, even hotdogs and brats are okay. Basically I buy and eat what is on sale when I go shopping!
  • MSxJENNY
    MSxJENNY Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    my trainer told me that there's nothing wrong with eating red meat.. as long as it's not farm grown & they're lean cuts (round, loin, etc).. it's a good source of protein

but i don't eat red meat myself.. maybe once in a blue moon if i go to my parent's house. i only buy seafood & chicken & turkey.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Don't eat pork because it's disgusting to me. I hate fatty meat.
    And I eat beef on only rare occasions, and even then I try to eat it with as much fat as minimal as possible, and well well well well done lol.

It's not a health thing, I just really freaking hate fatty meat...and pork lol.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    my trainer told me that there's nothing wrong with eating red meat.. as long as it's not farm grown
    Your trainer says to only eat red meat that is grown where, in a lab?
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Eat a homemade ribeye sandwich at least once a week.

Plan on having a deep freezer full of bambi after this weekend.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Pork tenderloin is one of my staples. I have several yummy recipes for this lean meat. Baked with Dijon mustard, caraway seed and celery seed. Or roasted with beef broth, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange slices. Yum, yum. .120 calories in 4 ounces.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    What makes pork and beef bad exactly?

You can have lean cuts of both
  • michelleindeed
    michelleindeed Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    my trainer told me that there's nothing wrong with eating red meat.. as long as it's not farm grown
    Your trainer says to only eat red meat that is grown where, in a lab?

I'm assuming she means free-range beef, bison, etc is just fine.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    I don't eat red meat, but it's more that I just don't care for it over any health reasons. I eat a lot of turkey, chicken, and fish. I'll eat ham on occasion, but never steak or pork chops or things like that.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I only eat lean meats (light parts of poultry, egg whites, and some fish) because I have a digestive disorder. My liver can't process a lot of fat at one time so I can only eat small amounts of healthy fats spread out throughout the day. Therefore, I stick with the leanest protein sources I can find. I have to watch my non-animal fat sources, too, but they aren't as bad at triggering negative reactions as animal fats are.
  • Ironhead3td
    Ironhead3td Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I eat turkey bacon, and lean ground beef 93% lean and up. I eat roasted/baked/grilled fish, chicken and turkey. Occasionally I'll have steak too. I also try to only eat lite lower sodium deli meat too.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i love pork. bacon hasnt stood in my way of losing fat. i can eat the hell out of some bacon :embarassed:

the only meats i stay away from are full sodium lunch meats and red meat. i avoid red meat not because it's unhealthy but because it's yucky !

you definitely dont have to stick with chicken and turkey
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I eat turkey bacon, and lean ground beef 93% lean and up. I eat roasted/baked/grilled fish, chicken and turkey. Occasionally I'll have steak too. I also try to only eat lite lower sodium deli meat too.

turkey bacon is an insult to real bacon and does not deserve to be called bacon.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I generally only buy chicken, turkey and sometimes fish at the grocery store. I do love a nice ribeye, ribs and pork chops, but I typically only eat them in restaurants as a treat. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with red meat, I just don't do so well when I consume beef, specifically, on a regular basis. It makes my system sluggish with the exception of a ribeye. If I eat that for dinner, I'm starving the next morning.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have a question!

I see a lot of people specify that when they eat beef it is free range, grass fed etc, but never see anyone mention anything like that for chicken or turkey. Why is that?