CURVY GIRLS: My FIRST Success Story Post

Options
I am motivated to post my very first success story and want to start it off by encouraging everyone to STAY THE COURSE. Consistency and focus is key.

I am a 42 year old wife and mom with little time to give my best to myself. But this year, this time, I made myself a PRIORITY. We all know that "if Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy" so I decided to do something about it. In the past, I have lost the weight, got comfortable and gained it back. Really, I’m not unhappy when I am bigger but I know I’m not healthy there and that’s not what I want.

I’m actually someone who has always embraced being curvy – at any weight. I will always have big boobs, curvy hips and plenty junk in the trunk. BUT – I knew I could be healthier and make it look better and feel better in my clothes. It’s no secret what hunting for the right fit can do to your last damn nerve.

The last straw was finding out that I was pre-diabetic. GAME CHANGER. I’ve been watching my food choices and my food portions. I’ve been the most consistent I have ever been with my excersice. MFP has been an AWESOME tool to keep up with that (I joined in June after I started this life change). It keeps me VERY aware of what I am doing and what I am eating and I am seeing results.

I see my doc on Oct 22. She has been so pleased w my progress. I am now OUT of the diabetic range! You CAN drive your numbers backwards with diet and exercise. She will OFFICIALLY release me from the two meds I am on if I hit the 40lbs gone mark – which I am EASILY on pace to do.

Well – let’s get to it – here are the pics and the pounds. I do cardio and weights and I ride my bike outdoors 10miles at a time. I get to do Zumba every once in a while and I walk my dogs twice a day. Not once have I even CONSIDERED giving up pizza, burgers, dessert or wine. I have learned how to do it occasionally and how to WORK MY *kitten* OFF when I have it.

SO – I’m challenging all of you coke bottles, hour glasses, figure 8s, apple shaped, pear shaped or ANY shaped ladies to PUSH YOURSELF!! All diabetics – PUSH YOURSELF. You are the only one who can take control and make it happen.

(I apologize in advance if these pics are too big or don't show - my first time folks. Hang in there with me - I have MANY more good news posts to come!)

d36fea90.jpg

bb1c9767.jpg

4f99f20b.jpg

b497633d.jpg

Replies

• dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    your hard work is really paying off...you look FAB!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mizzthang
    mizzthang Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Simply beautiful...
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congratulations!
  • shan1204
    Options
    Well done. You look incredible.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    you look stunning! congrats!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    FREAKIN' GORGEOUS! And I loved reading how you got here. You are me! Congratulations!
  • maritza140
    Options
    congratulations on your success! You look beautiful! I had the same "game changer" moment about a month ago; Pre-d plus a couple of other issues, and started doing the same thing you are. Hopefully I'll get as good results as you have had. Thanks for sharing! It;s very encouraging!
  • AESprouse
    AESprouse Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    D*MN You are sexy girl!! Congrats!!!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Va-va-voom!
  • lroconner
    lroconner Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Keep up the good work.
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful before, but you are beautiful and healthier now. Amazing job.
  • qdiggs
    Options
    You look awesome. That is so motivating!! Thanks! WTG!
  • Triplealpha
    Triplealpha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AWESOME. Congrats on your success!
  • Tanimom
    Tanimom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! What a thrill to see your health improve!!
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    Your entire post made me smile :)

Congratulations!! You are a beautiful, curvy lady!! :)
  • virginia65us
    virginia65us Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Your waist is teeny!
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    what an incredible post! You are very inspiring; thank you for sharing!
  • Errica32
    Options
    WAY TO GO! YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow, I gotta tell ya, you are one HOT mama! Nice job. Wishing you all the best as you continue to journey to good health! :)
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Luuuuuuuuuuuuurvvvvvvve the Cuuuuurrrrrrrvvvvvvvveee!!! You look fabulous and very happy! Great work love! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!