CURVY GIRLS: My FIRST Success Story Post

Options

Replies

• Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Beautiful..even before..you work those curves well..my dear.. Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Fabulous! Excellent progress!
  • Megatoine
    Megatoine Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your success! You look beautiful! I had the same "game changer" moment about a month ago; Pre-d plus a couple of other issues, and started doing the same thing you are. Hopefully I'll get as good results as you have had. Thanks for sharing! It;s very encouraging!

You can do it. Don't let that disease creep into your life! I just REJECTED the concept of those meds and all of the side effects of the disease - I WILL NOT OWN THAT. You are well on your way with that 60lbs - just push harder and hang in there!
  • amcmullan
    amcmullan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You wer gorgeous before, but wow! Great job! Im a curvy girl myself so I needed to see that! :)
  • Megatoine
    Options
    Baby girl got some swagger!!! Go on girl, just what I needed to enjoy my journey today. Thanks for the shout outs to all of us girls on the curvy side out here trying to make it:)

I'm so serious with it - I ALWAYS have my them songs playing in my head "Brick House", "NO Diggity (I like the way u work it"), and anything that makes me feel like a million bucks! LOL! Find your theme song and sing it to yourself! Imagine that everyone applauds when you walk in a room!
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job and keep up the great work!
  • Megatoine
    Options
    this is a great story!! I love it when women make the decision to take care of themselves. It's so hard for us with everything else we do, but you've shown it's totally possible. And, your body is banging girl! dang! :)

Yes mam - I woke up one day and realized I was ALWAYS last on the list. Now I am FIRST - then I can give my best to everyone else.
  • Megatoine
    Options
    You are me too! Thank you, thank you, and THANK YOU!! You have put into words what I have found SO hard to explain to other people. You look hot!

THANK YOU! I'm glad I could be your voice! I had to explain to my husband a while back when I was still struggling with food and lack of energy that it's the worst thing to feel like you haven't been able to TAKE CONTROL due to kids, work, marriage, etc. He admitted that he didn't know how that felt - and for the first time could understand in a deeper way how hard this can be for some people - especially Moms -- when they WANT to get their health together. At the same time its like "no more cake???" Not gonna happen - so I hop my big *kitten* on that bike! Hang in there girl!!!!!!! You can DO IT!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You look fabulous. I know that you can hit your 40lbs and go off the meds. It took me being diagnosed diabetic to finally realize I needed to do something about my weight. I have lost 50lbs and have been off my meds since April. You are so right in the fact that you can push the numbers down. I have mine under control and will continue to keep them there. I have another 25lbs to lose but I am on the right track. Just saw my doctor a couple weeks ago and he was amazed at how well I have done. You are an inspiration to all. You go girl!!!!!!
  • Megatoine
    Options
    Congrats. You look fabulous. I know that you can hit your 40lbs and go off the meds. It took me being diagnosed diabetic to finally realize I needed to do something about my weight. I have lost 50lbs and have been off my meds since April. You are so right in the fact that you can push the numbers down. I have mine under control and will continue to keep them there. I have another 25lbs to lose but I am on the right track. Just saw my doctor a couple weeks ago and he was amazed at how well I have done. You are an inspiration to all. You go girl!!!!!!

Now THAT UP THERE^^^^^^^^ is EXACTLY what I am talkin'bout!!!!! :smile: GREAT JOB - MY SHERO!!! Will definitely be joining your club on October 22!!!!!!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!! You were beautiful before and are gorgeous now!! Keep up the good work!

Love the last dress!
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. You look great and sound happy. This is just what I needed to put the cookie down. I started snacking (mindlessly) and stopped. THANK YOU!

Being on the cusp of 42, a working, mom, caregiver of all, etc. I can totally relate to where you are (were). Funny enough, I decided 2012 was the year of ME too! That it was time to stop focusing on everyone else and get ME right again. It wasn't until 2 months ago, though, that I got *truly* motivated to start exercising and eating right. I had a little wake up call earlier this year with my blood pressure.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Megatoine
    Options
    Congrats on your success. You look great and sound happy. This is just what I needed to put the cookie down. I started snacking (mindlessly) and stopped. THANK YOU!

Being on the cusp of 42, a working, mom, caregiver of all, etc. I can totally relate to where you are (were). Funny enough, I decided 2012 was the year of ME too! That it was time to stop focusing on everyone else and get ME right again. It wasn't until 2 months ago, though, that I got *truly* motivated to start exercising and eating right. I had a little wake up call earlier this year with my blood pressure.

Thanks for sharing!

kmsairam, let that high BP be that MAIN motivator. Because when you have your health - there is NOTHING you can't do. Dance in the miroor, do squats while you brush your teeth, do leg lifts when you do the dishes. You are worth whatever it takes!! Great to know that you got the eye of the tiger this year - SO DID I! I still have 24lbs to go but TRUST ME SIS - it will take an act of congress to stop me! I SEE NO BARRIERS REAL NOR IMAGINARY. Go get em!
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing! Your attitude is exactly what I hope to keep up for myself. I want that cookie every once in a while, and I'll eat it, but I'll keep the rest healthy and work off the excess at the track or the ballet barre. Such a great post. Thanks for sharing.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Keep up the fabulous work! I also have to add that I LOVE that dress in the last photo - gorgeous!
  • Savejoy1
    Options
    OMG!!! I love your "1st" Story!!! It is so very encouraging and the pictures....GIRL YOU LOOK GOOD!!! I mean you did before but that dress, the flower, the natural hair, and beautiful smile that screams VICTORY!!! LOVE IT AND THANKS FOR SHARING! #IGOTTHIS
  • Megatoine
    Options
    OMG!!! I love your "1st" Story!!! It is so very encouraging and the pictures....GIRL YOU LOOK GOOD!!! I mean you did before but that dress, the flower, the natural hair, and beautiful smile that screams VICTORY!!! LOVE IT AND THANKS FOR SHARING! #IGOTTHIS

You got to claim it before you even get there right??? #YouDo"GotThis"
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats to you :)
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You look great and congrats on no longer being in the diabetic range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    Amazing results and your face is just GORGEOUS.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!