Why Almond Milk?

Options
Why does everyone seem to be having almond milk on this site?

Replies

• Anyone ?
  • jjj1988
    jjj1988 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant, so that's why I drink almond milk....still love my cereal!
  • therealmax
    therealmax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Its a low calorie alternative to dairy?
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It has more calcium, less calories and just a tad less fat than regular milk
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Dairy free, high in calcium, tastes creamy in smoothies.
  • because i'm not a baby or a cow that needs milk.

and cow's milk is NASTY

humans shouldn't drink cow's milk.

Plus it's low calorie
  • keepsiejess
    keepsiejess Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i like how it tastes in my cereal, its cheap and I can get it in those tetra packs that are shelf stable til opened.
  • myfriendb00
    myfriendb00 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Its DELISH!!:tongue:
  • enid42
    enid42 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like it because the one that I use* has 40 calories vs 2% milk at 130 calories. I also prefer the taste. Plus it doesn't have cholesterol.

It is also shelf stable. I buy a case at a time and never run out.

*Blue Diamond - Almond Milk - Original, Vanilla, Unsweetened
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Almond Milk is a popular subsitute for cow's milk. It packs a lot of Nutritional Value and, unlike Cow's milk, is safe for those who are lactose intolerant or have gluten and casein allergies :) Below is a statement I found from fitday.com. Hope this helps!

Almond Milk and Cow's Milk Compared

Compared to cow's milk, almond milk is the much healthier choice. Almond milk contains a wide variety of the vitamins and minerals that your body needs to function. Almond milk also contains high levels of antioxidants, so it can help prevent many types of cancer and slow the signs of aging. Almond milk is also great for those who can't drink cow's milk due to lactose intolerance, or a casein or gluten allergy; however, those with tree nut allergies should avoid almond milk because it could elicit a dangerous allergic reaction.

Whole cow's milk contains a lot more calories and fat than almond milk, making almond milk the better choice for those on a diet. Cow's milk also contains saturated fat and cholesterol; almond milk is free of both saturated fat and cholesterol, making it a healthier choice, especially for those with heart problems.

While cow's milk contains high levels of calcium, and is fortified with vitamins A and D to help you meet your daily requirements of these vitamins, almond milk contains high levels of a wide range of necessary vitamins and therefore has a higher nutritional value than cow's milk. The only thing that cow's milk has more of than almond milk is protein; cow's milk has eight grams of protein per serving while almond milk has only one gram per serving.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    I don't like the taste of regular milk and it keep me feeling full longer than regular milk.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of cow's milk, although I do enjoy all other types of dairy. I like the almond milk on my cereal, and it's about 1/3 calories of the skim milk I was using. WIN!!!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I like it better than real milk, no cholesterol, less calories.
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    because it is so yummy!
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Because cow's milk is nasty. Humans are the only species that drinks milk from another species!. Almond milk goes awesome in protein shakes or with anything else that would call for milk.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    ditto-ditto-ditto-
    almond milk is just one more choice in my 'smoothie arsenal'
    I use rice or soy sometimes. there are lots of dairy/soy allergies in my family. I had a dairy/soy allergy as a child- but don't seem to anymore- BUT I don't want to 'drink myself back into an allergy or sensitivity'- so I like to alternate that stuff.
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I actually used to drink it (and make my own) until a doctor told me that it had the health benefit of water. And to make it, you pretty much just stick almonds, water, vanilla, and a sweetner (I used agave syrup) in a blender, then use cheesecloth to strain it, so you take out all the gritty almond that is left behind (which, it turns out, is the good stuff). I've since gone back to soymilk.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It tastes good.
  • chamgiggz
    Options
    When I drink regular milk it makes me extremely gassy and my stomach expands and stay there for a couple of days. then there is the fact that Silk Almond unsweetened is only 30 calories...Plus I just feel good after drinking it...:)
  • Danardeener
    Options
    because i'm not a baby or a cow that needs milk.

and cow's milk is NASTY

humans shouldn't drink cow's milk.

Plus it's low calorie

Exactly that reason!