Why Almond Milk?

Options

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I prefer the taste of Almond Milk. I loved the flavor of regular whole milk, but only when I was overseas and able to drink the unpasteurized kind. It just doesn't taste the same after they heat it up. I can tell the difference. I'll tolerate it in certain special drinks only because it's critical to flavor.

For example, my hot cocoa just doesn't taste right in Almond milk and neither does my Colombian chocolate. There's a difference in the texture. I find the Almond milk tends to scald and gets weird on me so I can't stand it in my coffee.

My alternative has been the heavy whipping cream for coffees and such. It seems to give me the taste of what milk used to be like before the processed the heck out of it. Luckily, I'm not allergic.

I honestly don't have a lot of milk...my dairy liquid products are rare except for heavy whipping cream and fresh cheeses.
  • redkitty615
    redkitty615 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Little tiny milking machines!!
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    it's better for you than animal milk, lower in calories and well, I really like the taste!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It has more calcium (the whole point of drinking milk!) and tastes better than dairy milk.
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The almond/coconut blend is really good as well!
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I drink the unsweetened original kind, less calories & carbs than regular milk. Also, it froths up pretty nicely for lattes and cappuccinos!
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Anyone ?

LOL- it was only 8 minutes since you posted!
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Everything the others have said plus I can have a cup of almond milk (regular variety) and a tbs of chocolate sauce, heat up and have yummy hot chocolate for 110 calories without any hydrogenated oils, which is in almost all of the instant brands.
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    it comes unsweetened too!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Dairy & gluten are found to be contributors to PMS, PMS is a trigger for migraines (for me)...therefore I limit (and try to avoid) dairy and gluten.

I previously drank soy milk but it's an acquired taste; I tried rice milk (It upset my stomach); coconut milk tasted horrid in coffee and I just didn't like it. Almond milk I can drink straight, its quite pleasant (I will tell you that I tried cheese made out of almonds or hazelnuts and it was gack! horrid....so I still have dairy cheese sparingly and veggie cheese sometimes).
  • matest88
    Options
    possible lactose intolerance

I think the vanilla and chocolate just taste great!
    Ill also have the 40cal original flavor in my protein shakes to keep it lower on the macros
  • Bastiencade
    Options
    Drinking breast milk from another animal is just sick and wrong.

Plus, cow's milk tastes disgusting and almond milk is delicious in everything. :)

Sick and wrong? Say what? That doesn't even make sense. People using the "Other animals don't drink others milk" argument are making me laugh. What animals enjoy almond/rice/soy milk? I mean really.

Anyways, Almond milk tastes great. It's much lower in calories as well. Lots of benefits you don't get from regular milk. That's why I switched.
  • mathera26
    mathera26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    cows milk is designed to turn a 70 lb calf into a 700lb cow. you do the math. besides, almond milk is waaay tastier than soy.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    less sugars than milk
  • familyof9
    Options
    Ok, have you tried double chocolate almond milk by silk? Delicious! Plus, I drink it because regular milk gives me bumm bubbles and mucous. None too attractive!:laugh:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Because it's good. That's my only reason. I only use it IN things though.. I don't ever just drink it plain. I drink regular cows milk if I want a glass of milk. I LOOOVE milk.

side note, I don't understand the argument that humans shouldn't drink cows milk because it comes from a cow and it's meant for baby cows.. lol...... we also eat hamburgers and I don't think cow meat was "made" to be put on our tables. And my dog loves milk. I think other animals would drink another species milk if they could.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    It has more calcium, less calories and just a tad less fat than regular milk

That
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Low calorie, low fat, high calcium and its delicious i get the vanilla flavored one though, the plain original one makes me gag :noway: :sick:
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Cow's milk is for calves, soy isn't that great for you, coconut milk sucks, and almonds are amazing. I make my own, since commercial brands aren't that good for you. There's also walnut milk, pecan milk, and if you're feeling adventurous, Brazil nut milk.
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Add me to the likes the taste and suffers from lactose intolerance crowd.