Beautiful Blues--last week '09 and first week '10

Options
challenge7.JPG

Sorry Almomay, I counteracted all of your good work this week! :sad: :brokenheart: I promise I will be better this week. I have been planning my meals the night before and it is amazing what a difference that makes. I know what to expect--I am even planning movie popcorn for tomorrow. I think I am going to take the kiddos to see the princess and the frog. Heres to a new week and a new beginning with the new year!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    It's okay debnu! We're a team, and one day it will be me gaining.

I love movie nights.......popcorn...yummy!!!!!!

Hope you all have a good night.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have facebook and anyone can be my friend on there just make sure on the friend request to put MFP so I know its you guys. you can search me by my e-mail I think j_g4ever@yahoo.com I have a picture of our christmas tree right now.

I WILL be loosing weight this week. I'm working very hard. working out on my treadmill for 20-30 mins and today I did some ab work. I will work on my arms on thursday along with the treadmill. Im really enjoying that. I'm also drinking A LOT of water.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I didn't bother to weigh in - I knew better...with not feeling good, no exercise...I knew better but I also knew I'd have anything extra gone in this week so I didn't weigh....

Jess-I friend requested you on Facebook.

I want to see Princess and the Frog too! Can I come?
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    New week, new year, new beginnings. . . OK, team huddle . . . on three . . . GO BLUE!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

I want to see Princess and the Frog too! Can I come?

Sure come with us it would be fun! It has been so snowy and icy here today that I hope I want to go travel the roads tomorrow. It will hopefully be better then. I actually am going to use a gift card (finally) that my brother gave me last christmas. My husband doesn't find many movies worth his time. The last one we went to was Star Trek--that is a really good show.

I sure have the munchies tonight. I am fighting like crazy--I hate feeling this way!
  • msh0530
    Options
    I just made my first turkey sausage. I can't find any in the stores around here, so decided to try my hand at it. I think its pretty good. Thought you might like to try it:
    1 pound ground turkey
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    2 teaspoons canola oil
    I just mixed it in my kitchenaid mixer.
  • debnu1
    Options
    I love the homemade turkey sausage, I think it is great! I put it in omelets, on breakfast casseroles and the like. Mmmmm!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    this morning I had a breakfast burrito and it was yummy. I even made one lastnight for my husband so he could have it at work this morning. That is a good way to get what I want. :tongue:
  • msh0530
    Options
    Another recipe to eat your blackeyed peas for luck in the New Year: (We always have to have them on New Year's Day. My niece says her luck is already so bad, she doesn't want to know what it would be like without them!)
    Mary's Tennessee Caviar:
    One can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
    One can corn with peppers, drained
    One can Hunts diced tomatoes with sweet onion
    One cup salsa or picante sauce
    1 T. minced garlic
    2 T. lime juice

Mix all and let set to blend flavors. Serve with tortilla chips.
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone! Let's make it a great new year. I hope all are feeling better. My stomach bug is getting better... I went to work today. I may head to the gym later on as well.

Congrats to both almomay and smadag1 for losing weight this week. That is fantastic!!! Way to bring in the new year!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Mornin all

Back at work today still not much of a voice (not a good thing when you answer the phones all day long) but feeling better.
    Chrissy I hope you feel better soon.

I am currently wearing a pair of jeans that I normally would not be able to fit into this time of month(TOM) So I know my body is changing. I hope I can continue the progress :drinker:
  • debnu1
    Options
    smadag, congratulations on fitting into the smaller jeans! I love being able to wear smaller sizes. My closet has multiple outfits I have bought in a smaller size in anticipation of my weight loss! I have my goal outfit, and a few sizes in between. I even bought a goal swimsuit because it was on clearance and I really liked it. I currently can't pull it much past my knees but that will change soon!

So far we have won the weigh in! I am excited. Especially since I was worried since I was the one that gained last week, thanks almomay and smadag for keeping us in the game!

Taradise and smadag I am glad you are feeling better. :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Just saw that the Biggest Loser will be starting again next week on the 5th - just what I need to get motivated!! I've been sick for almost a week now & I miss not working out & not feeling like eating anything healthy!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Good morning Beautiful blues,

Taradise- glad you're feeling better and are back on track.

smadag1- It must feel great fitting into previous clothes. Enjoy it! This is my favorite part about weight loss, and each week I think about what clothing will fit me next. Like debnu, I also have a stack of clothes in my closet which I have organized in order of sizes from high to lowest. I cannot wait till I can fit into the next size down. I also find that wearing smaller clothes shows the weight loss I'm going through.

For me, went to the gym this morning and I do have to say that exercise is getting easier, especially the treadmill. And, time really just flies by and I might as well spend my time working out. I'm also working on my portfolio and website for my job hunting which I'll be doing with full force coming this January of 2010. Fingers crossed.

Here is to an awesome day to all of you and to a great new year!!!!!!!!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    sanifrey- Hope you feel better and can get well soon.

Alot of people have been sick these past weeks in this group. Hope you all feel better.

I know, I saw the Biggest loser commercials. I can't believe it's starting so soon, and I also find it very motivating and inspiring. It is great to be able to watch them lose weight and use that wisdom in my life as I lose weight.
  • debnu1
    Options
    I am also really excited for the BL They announced at the finale that it would be starting in January so I have been watching for it. It will be interesting to see what happens this time. :bigsmile:

I just did my upper body workout--I got up to 10 lb weights wow, that hurt but I was able to do all the reps, I didn't think I could do that. If I keep going I may need to buy more weights because 10 lbs are the highest I own.

Have a great day everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • msh0530
    Options
    Just a quick post to tell you all Happy New Year! I may not be on much before Monday with all of the company coming in today. My daughter just called from Texas to tell me she is on the road. One niece phoned earlier to tell me that she will be here for lunch. Better go fix it, huh??

Anyway, Happy New Year! I hope the New Year brings you all of the things that you wish for. Remember, one moment at a time, one healthy step at a time, and if you stumble, don't even fall all of the way down - just catch yourself and keep going on the journey!
    Here's to smart choices! And may God bless you all real good!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Remember, one moment at a time, one healthy step at a time, and if you stumble, don't even fall all of the way down - just catch yourself and keep going on the journey!
    Here's to smart choices! And may God bless you all real good!

Thanks for the inspiration!! Your right... you can always catch yourself and keep going.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I want to go running so bad but the weather here is so cold and nasty and I don't have a treadmill. MAybe I will get one with some of my tax return
  • MayLan
    Options
    I run at the gym using the treadmill, but I can't wait until spring so that I can run outside. I haven't done that since college and I'm actually training my body to run in the treadmill so that I can do it outside. I would love to be a runner! They have really nice legs.