Beautiful Blues--last week '09 and first week '10

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I ran on treadmill this week twice...hopefully this weekend the snow will have melted enough for a outdoor run...I don't mind 3 or 4 miles on treadmill but much more than that and BLUCK!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I run at the gym using the treadmill, but I can't wait until spring so that I can run outside. I haven't done that since college and I'm actually training my body to run in the treadmill so that I can do it outside. I would love to be a runner! They have really nice legs.

Amen!! I have not run outside except for the races I have entered. I would like to actually feel confident out running instead of feeling like everyone is looking at me. I think I would also have to invest in more than one really good sports bra. It doesn't look good to be holding the girls while running in public! :tongue:

We enjoyed the princess and the frog. I wouldn't say it is the best disney film ever, but it was cute and had a good story.

Now I need to drink tons of water to get all that salt from the popcorn out of my system!!

Have a very wonderful new year everyone!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Once the weather gets nice again I am going to do the couch to 5K program again, but this time I am going to do it on the high school track instead of my street. My street is too dangerous and I can keep better track of my laps on a track
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at the couch to 5k program and website as well and it's something I want to do. I've been training my body to endure running in the treadmill because before now I had not exercised in like 2 years due to pregnancy and just being lazy.

smadag- is the high school track indoor or outdoor?
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I'm going to need some help soon. My son is going to start wrestling here in about a week and WOW does it get hectic with running to practices and tournaments. My workout plan right now is MWF cardio and T-TH strength. I want to be prepared as possible.
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I think I would also have to invest in more than one really good sports bra. It doesn't look good to be holding the girls while running in public! :tongue:

I know what ya mean. Back when I got into running, I had to do some research. I found the Enell sports bra's. They are expensive but they have worked the best out of all the bra's I've tried. I heard about them on Oprah - advertised for larger breasted women.
  • debnu1
    Options
    I am finding the better prepared I am the better I do. So jg, it is good that you are planning to plan ahead! :bigsmile:

I heard about the Oprah Sports bra too, but forgot:smile: -they are quite pricey, but Maybe I will look into it more again. It would probably be good to have a really well fitting one if I am going to try to run farther distances.

My son came down with a fever last night. After I was trying to convince my MIL that he wasn't sick just needing a nap. Oh well. His nap was 3 hours overdue so I think I have a right to believe that. :happy: I have been up a lot with him all night. Hopefully it will go away, but if not we will probably be staying home instead of the two parties we are supposed to go to.

Hope you all have a wonderful new years!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    We have nothing planned for tonight...maybe a movie and diner meatloaf muffins made out of 99% fat free deer meat we got from a friend. If you've not tried that recipe you should - my whole family loves them and they don't like meatloaf or carrots!

We were up more than half the night with my daughters boyfriend who we took to ER thought it was appendicitis but they say no...we'll see how he feels when he gets up....but with no sleep I would bet we won't even see the ball drop!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I love the homemade turkey sausage, I think it is great! I put it in omelets, on breakfast casseroles and the like. Mmmmm!
    [/quote

Do you have a breakfast casserole recipe?
  • MayLan
    Options
    Good morning Everyone,

Debnu- Sending good wishes to your son so that he feels better.

Chrissy- Glad the appendicitis scare is over and hope he feels better. I also had my appendicitis taken out when I was a teen, and I know how painful it is.

I went to the gym this morning and feel really empowered after it. It started snowing on my way home and it will be snowing all day. My plan today is to get my 16 month old ready and to head to my mom's house which is just like less than a 10 minute drive. She is making a spanish style chicken soup called "sancocho" with white rice on the side and I think she's also baking chicken. I'm looking forward to this dish because soup is not something I have practiced yet.

Stay warm everyone! and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    j_g4ever- Yeah I know how you feel about the juggling exercise, kids, and life. I'm going to be on the same boat as you with juggling weight loss, child, school, job search, etc, etc. If you need any tips let us know. I would also like to share and learn.

One thing I am telling myself each day is that this weight didn't come in all of a sudden, so it will also take its time to leave my body. Also, all that I have to do is do this weight thing "one day at a time" and the rest will take care of itself. Some days I wished I had a magic wand and could put by body in the weight I want it to be. I suppose there's no lesson learned there. I guess it's also about loving our bodies and giving our bodies the time and care it needs. I hear ya!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Here is my favorite breakfast casserole recipe. It is from Zonya Foco's cookbook and is in the database under zonya foco breakfast casserole.

Preheat oven to 375
    spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray
    Makes 8 servings
    1 bag (24oz) frozen ore ida potatoes o'brien (hash browns with onions and peppers)
    1 c reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
    4 oz lean ham or canadian bacon or lowfat smoked sausage
    4 whole eggs
    8 egg whites
    1/4 c skim milk
    1/4 c dijon mustard
    1/2 tsp thyme
    40 grinds fresh ground pepper

Place the frozen potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Break up large chunks. Cut the meat into small chunks. Sprinkle the meat and cheese over the potatoes. In a small bowl, whip eggs, egg whites, milk, mustard and thyme with a fork. Pour evenly over the potato mixture. Top casserole with pepper. Place in oven uncovered and set timer for 45 minutes.
    Serve with toasted english muffins and fresh fruit.

1 cup casserole has 165 calories, 4.5 grms fat and 2 grms fiber.

I like to make some and eat the leftovers the rest of the week, at that calorie amount I can have two servings with no remorse. It is fantastic with just a little bit of ketchup.

I really like it just because it is so easy and so tasty!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Here is my favorite breakfast casserole recipe. It is from Zonya Foco's cookbook and is in the database under zonya foco breakfast casserole.

Preheat oven to 375
    Makes 8 servings
    1 bag (24oz) frozen ore ida potatoes o'brien (hash browns with onions and peppers)
    4 whole eggs
    8 egg whites
    1/4 c skim milk
    1/4 c dijon mustard
    1/2 tsp thyme

Place the frozen potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Break up large chunks. Cut the meat into small chunks. Sprinkle the meat and cheese over the potatoes. In a small bowl, whip eggs, egg whites, milk, mustard and thyme with a fork. Pour evenly over the potato mixture. Top casserole with pepper. Place in oven uncovered and set timer for 45 minutes.

I like to make some and eat the leftovers the rest of the week, at that calorie amount I can have two servings with no remorse. It is fantastic with just a little bit of ketchup.

YUMMMMMMMM Thanks for sharing
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Can you make the casserole the night before and put it in the fridge until ready to make the next day?
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Can you make the casserole the night before and put it in the fridge until ready to make the next day?

I would think so - I do it all the time with casseroles.
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, Blues!!!!
    2010 is IT!!! This is the year we ALL become biggest losers!!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!

I'm feeling very optimistic about 2010 and know that great things will be coming. I was at the gym this morning and felt great welcoming the new year with a positive mindset. For me, no more crying and feeling sorry for myself. Instead I plan on feeling a sense of empowerment that comes with action and working towards improving my health, body, and spirit.

Here's to us beautiful blues!
  • debnu1
    Options
    It will be interesting to see what this year will bring. We had a very laid back new years eve. Everyone was asleep by 11 and I turned off the TV at 11:30 figuring what's the poing of staying up if no one else is. It didn't feel like much of a celebration. Which is sad because I had two parties we could of gone to if we didn't have sick kids. Maybe I am having a little pitty party.

However my weight this morning was down so I feel as though I am doing something right!! Yay maybe I have figured this out--for now. :happy: Hope all of you have had a great start to the new year!

:flowerforyou:
  • j_g4ever
    Options

Preheat oven to 375
    Makes 8 servings
    4 whole eggs
    8 egg whites
    1/4 c skim milk
    1/4 c dijon mustard
    1/2 tsp thyme

I made this for our christmas meal and it was wonderful but i never knew how many calories were in it. Holy crap I'm making this more often.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I had an awesome night but I weighted myself this morning and I gained 2lbs please tell me that its water weight. I ate myself drunk which means I made Jello shots and ate the whole bowl. WOW I haven't done that in a REALLY long time and it felt great but I'm not feeling so great after I stepped on the scale. I have been drinking water like non stop please help I have never had water weight before.