Beautiful Blues--last week '09 and first week '10

Options

Replies

• mrwatson
    Options
    May I join the Beautiful Blues again??? I haven't visited MFP much since April. After a little reality check, I have realized how much I really need to monitor my eating and exercise choices. Reading your posts has encouraged me to start again. I have already eaten too many calories today. As I read your posts, I began to realize that it isn't too late in the day to drink water or exercise. I miss the accountability I use to have with this group.

I am off to a good start today as I have logged my intake and weighed in. I think I will do even better with your support.

Thank you Beautiful Blues.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    debnu1- I did the same thing and actually I was in bed even earlier than you. I have never been to bed early on new year's eve but my body got in a bad mood and I just wanted to sleep because I have been used to going to sleep at 9:00pm. So after my mom's house we came home and I was in bed at 10:00pm. Felt sort of like a child. :) Anyhow, I did get up before my hubby and baby and went to the gym. I came back and they were still sleeping and I made us lunch. So I guess it was a trade off for me.

j_g4ever- The water weight will probably come off in a few days. It happens to me every time.

I went food shopping today and got all sorts of yummy veggies and a few treats like rice cakes and almond butter.

Happy friday all!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    thank you almomay a couple of days would leave us at Sunday which would be great because that means for the weigh in I can maybe loose some weight because I have been on the treadmill everyday for a 1/2hr and I also have been counting my calories except for lastnight he he he. I hope everyone had a wonderful night. :laugh: :drinker: here is to weight loss.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    mrwatson, you are welcome to join, come on in!! We weigh in on Monday's now because we are currently in a challenge with another group. Send me your weight on monday and I will get you on the chart!!

j-g, I am sure it is just water weight, drink a little more water than you usually do and it will come off quick!! Just don't over do it!:bigsmile:

I am glad I am not the only one to go to bed before midnight. It just felt anticlimatic...:ohwell: I am doing well today, looking forward to Monday as I was down a couple pounds today! Have a great weekend!

:flowerforyou:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    mrwatson, you are welcome to join, come on in!! We weigh in on Monday's now because we are currently in a challenge with another group. Send me your weight on monday and I will get you on the chart!!

j-g, I am sure it is just water weight, drink a little more water than you usually do and it will come off quick!! Just don't over do it!:bigsmile:

I am glad I am not the only one to go to bed before midnight. It just felt anticlimatic...:ohwell: I am doing well today, looking forward to Monday as I was down a couple pounds today! Have a great weekend!

Im so proud of you for being down a couple of pounds. You are going to be the biggest loser girl!!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    debnu1- Awesome job on keeping track of your food. Good job on the weight loss!

j_g4ever- I know, I hate that water weight. But like debnu said, just drink lots of water, and in a couple of days it will be gone.

Today is my day off from exercise and I'm headed to church and will just relax today. I think a day of relaxing is good because it resets the whole exercise week.

Here's to us Beautiful blues and to making good choices in 2010!

We can do this!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hello Blues! Sounds like we are really starting the new year off right. I was in the gym on New Years Day and today. Feels great! Not to mention I feel super cute in the gym with my new workout outfits I got for Christmas :bigsmile:

j_g4ever - my eating on NYE wasn't so great either. But I worked my tail off in the gym on New Years Day and I stayed low on cals just to help make up for excess the day before. I hope it all evened out!

debnu1 - HUGE congrats for being down a couple lbs!!! I know you've worked hard. Keep it up.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the congrats! You'll make me :blushing: I hope to maintain or loose a little more by monday, especially since it could be water weight.

almomay I agree that a day of relaxation sets you up for a great week, let alone the mental boost it gives you! I always have Sunday be my day of rest.:smile:

Keep up the great work everyone, we are doing this!

• mrwatson
    Options

Thanks, debnu1. I will be sure to send in my weight on Monday. I look forward to the challenge and the accountability. Thanks.
  • debnu1
    Options
    I thought I was being good this morning. I went to a breakfast only had small amounts of things, but of course they had egg casseroles, pancakes, french toast. 2% milk. All stuff I wouldn't be eating normallly. 800 cals. Yikes!! I am going to have to be careful the rest of the day. The sad thing is that it wasn't all that filling, some of it wasn't very tasty (I didn't eat much of those parts) and it was all too many calories.

What do you usually do at those kind of functions?
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I have a hard time at functions. I have heard that if you eat before then you won't be hungry at the function but then I find people are still getting you to try and eat. Maybe try and eat a little bit less like they say when you go out to eat just eat half. I have FINALLY got my hubby to split a meal with me when we go out and if wants more he can get a side. That way I don't feel bad about wasting food. Hope that helps.
  • MayLan
    Options
    Debnu- I try to eat something before I go so that I'm not starving when I get there. I try to plan in my head what types of foods I'll be eating when I get there so that I can have an idea of how many calories I want to eat. Most of the functions have usually the same types of foods. When I get there I get a big plate of salad first or fruits to fill me up and good protein, and then I take some of the other stuff like carbs and such.

While I'm there I don't sit next to the food, or else I'll eat without thinking.

If I don't have many calories left I'll just serve my baby food and I'll try some of hers, so I don't feel deprived.

If it's a holiday or a very special event, I won't worry too much about the calories and just enjoy myself.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I rather gave up for today after this morning. I shouldn't have but I did. Tomorrow will be better though.

Almomay your family pick is really cute!

Heres to a being good day, tomorrow!:drinker:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I was going to workout tomorrow but since I have workout for 6 days I thought a day off would be nice. I did a 1/2 hr tonight with 4mph running for about4 mins. felt like forever however. ugh. I did it. I love having the treadmill in my living room so i can watch TV at the same time. Time flies by when you are watching something or even listening to good music also.
  • debnu1
    Options
    I think a day off is very important!! I love my treadmill too! I am so glad it is working well for you. Today is my new beginning. I am hoping for a good showing on the scale tomorrow!

Happy weighin tomorrow!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to show a weight loss due to the water weight. I'm so pissed at myself. That is the last time I eat myself drunk for a REALLY long time. I would have had a loss this week. That is the part of me that wants to get on the treadmill today. The other part of me is just tired. I want to go take a nap and maybe get my sons room organized and get some dishes done before the hubby gets home from work.
  • MayLan
    Options
    Debnu- Thanks! My hubby did it yesterday for us. He's a graphic designer plus photographer...and anything with graphics.

Here's to us getting good numbers tomorrow.

j_g4ever- I'm in the same boat as you. I exercised really well last week and I weighed myself and it showed that I had gained. I read somewhere in the forum that when you start exercising vigorously the body retains water or something, or maybe its extra muscle. Yesterday when I put on clothes, I felt leaner though. So, I'm not going to let the number on the scale discourage me. I think it's like a fake weight, until the body adjusts itself. I think tomorrow it will adjust.

Taradise- great job on the work out and great attititude for the new years. and looking cute with new gym clothes is definitely a plus! Enjoy it!!!!!

I was at the gym today and my body was not tired at all. I usually hate the treadmill but my body was flowing naturally. wow. Anyhow, I guess the body does it's own thing. I have a doctor's appointment for my 15 month old tomorrow morning, but I'm fully prepared for tomorrow's schedule to fit in a work out. I'm going to bed early and we went food shopping so I can plan healthy meals with veggies and such.

We can do this beautiful blues!
  • Taradise
    Options
    good luck to all tomorrow morning. I hope the scale is nice to us all.

j_g4ever - don't beat yourself up to much. What is done is done, now you can continue on down the healthier path. We all make mistakes. So what if the scale is not showing what you want tomorrow... you have next week.

almomay - high five for the flowing workout on the treadmill. More power to you. Some days my body will just not do a treadmill run.

I went to the gym today in preparation for a dinner out tonight. I think I did well. We will see.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm back! I've had a bunch of company since Wednesday (been cooking for 12-22 people 3 meals a day), and visiting with my kids. It was fun, but now back to the real world. I didn't make my December goal of losing 5 pounds (haven't even lost one) but I'm ok with that. My other goal was to increase my exercise, and I have done that and continue to improve in that area. I finally started swimming again on Thursday, and plan to go back tomorrow. January goals? Lose 5 pounds (maybe it will take this time), and continue to exercise.

A year ago, I weighed 72 pounds more than I do now, and decided to do something about it. And, with the help of all of you MFP folks, and my supportive family, and of course, the strength that I can get through my faith, I am well on my way to my new healthy life. I also seem to have inspired numerous family members to join me on my journey, and for this I am humbled and give thanks to God. As I said in an earlier post, my best advice to all is to do this one moment at a time, one step at a time, and if you stumble, don't fall down but catch yourself and keep right on going. Don't ever give up, because you can do this, and you really are worth it! I don't know where this journey will take me, but I'm looking forward to the trip. I'm guessing that I will lose at least 85 more pounds before I am satisfied. Just stay with me, and let's see the exciting places that we will go!

One last note: although I didn't lose weight in December, on Thursday, I tried on a pair of size 22 pants and they fit! (I am currently wearing 24's, and a year ago, wore about a 30.) So, happy dance, here I am!

Here's to smart choices!
  • Taradise
    Options
    msh0530 - Congrats on all the weight you have lost over the past year. What a huge accomplishment!! It's wonderful that you have inspired others to become healthier. Keep up the good work!

I'm excited to see where this journey takes me as well. I'm just gonna keep on truckin'. No weight loss this week, but that's ok. I'm going to boast up the work outs and log everything. Tonight I taking a new class at the gym... It is called Samba - I think it is similar to the Zamba that I hear about in the US. We'll see.