Tween Friend Requests

Options

Replies

• Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are really generalizing here. I'm an 18 year old girl and I love talking to people older than me. Just because someone is younger than you doesn't mean you don't have anything in common. I find older people usually are very insightful and have great advice and great perspectives on things. Though, there are (believe it or not) young people who are the same way. As long as you can have an intelligent conversation, I don't care how old you are. Most of my friends on MFP are much older than me. I just add people who I think are funny, interesting, or make good posts on the forums.

Though, I do see how you could feel creeped out by young girls in bikinis sending you friend requests. haha It is a bit Dateline-ish...
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are really generalizing here. I'm an 18 year old girl and I love talking to people older than me. Just because someone is younger than you doesn't mean you don't have anything in common. I find older people usually are very insightful and have great advice and great perspectives on things. Though, there are (believe it or not) young people who are the same way. As long as you can have an intelligent conversation, I don't care how old you are. Most of my friends on MFP are much older than me. I just add people who I think are funny, interesting, or make good posts on the forums.

Though, I do see how you could feel creeped out by young girls in bikinis sending you friend requests. haha It is a bit Dateline-ish...

Wow 18? You look like you could be older. You're beautiful. :)
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Studies show that 83% of online profiles that say 18/F are 16 and under so i do see your point also no offense but i think the younger the person the less committed they tend to be, i attempted my first WLJ at 18 which was hitting the gym once a week and expecting it to cancel out 3 buffet meals at the dining commons
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Nope, happy middle aged woman. We can spot bull**** a long way off, never mind so obvious as this.
    Apparently "we" don't grasp the concept of a joke, nor do "we" notice the order in which topics are posted. Yeah, bummer, I know. Here "we" thought "we" were being adept. Sorry.

Are "we" done attempting to be clever, as "we" now realize "we're" outmatched? Or should "we" continue?

"We" should do this again soon.

Next.

Why? In your last topic you had to resort to personal attacks, did you not? How clever is that?
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Y'know what's creepier?

When you're an 18/19 year old girl and you get friend requests from suspicious looking middle age dudes who want to see a "progress" pic of you in your underwear.

Ahem. Yeah.

Say word

Preach.gif

If its a friend request without a message then decline them. Easy Peasy!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I love having hot older men on my FL. But then again, that might be my daddy issues.... :wink:
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    OP, Sir, I feel compelled to tell you that you are a very good looking gentleman which is probably what compels them to add you.

Nice job with the bearmode by the way.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    It might be because I'm female...but I don't even look at the age when people friend request me.
    I get the creepy factor (I'm also bisexual so I've seen how women can be from the other side of the fence) but you're not meeting them at a park after dark...
    Just don't hit on them. Don't show them any interest other than working together to be healthier people.

A lot of my friends are teenagers, but again...I'm female.
    What am I gonna do? Hit them in the head with my boob?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    ...who try to throw their junk down my throat....

Must....resist......comment!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I think maybe they want to babysit you instead of the 4 kids just a thought.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Those girls are so annoying. They use their MFP status updates like a personal facebook and update their status every 5 seconds "OMG got the cutest purse at the mall today!! xoxo" ugh
  • samichip
    samichip Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow.
    This topic is like a lesson in psychology. Every kind of lunatic has found a home here! So far i've read about critical middle aged ladies, daddy issues, desperate denial... Amazing how an innocent post can become so misunderstood and heated.
    What have you started?!
    ;)
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I am woman in my late 30's...I get no friend requests. LOL Must be the pumpkins. Maybe you should put squash as your picture. :laugh:

Yay, you made me smile.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    i'm 19 and i like to talk to the older people because they tend to be more on the same level as me. I am the mother of a 2 year old and can't stand immature people at all.
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    I started off with a pretty open attitude to friend requests.

Until I realised that accepting guys with no photo and no info on their profile would swiftly lead to an inbox full of "Your pretty can I show you my c*ck?"

Now I'm a bit more discerning....
  • ReesesPuffs
    Options
    I don't tend to accept requests from teen girls because they're turning my feed into facebook! I just recently deleted a ton of people who were doing this.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Options
    Hmm I have older teanage girls on my list (mainly my daugther and her friends). It is good b/c it keeps me out of some of the weirder posts you guys put up in the evenings :)
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Options
    I don't tend to accept requests from teen girls because they're turning my feed into facebook! I just recently deleted a ton of people who were doing this.

You know what's weird, I've been trying to get my MFP to link w/ FB for over 6 months and I can't get it to work! You don't want that and it happens :)
  • ReesesPuffs
    Options
    Oh i'm not talking about the link it's self, more like the content they post on MFP itself, the sort of guff you'd see on facebook. haha
  • Ajmead
    Options
    Anyone can help motivate you....It is not like the site is setup to be like match.com or eharmony. It is a place where people of all ages can come to support the similar goals of fitness and healthy living. I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't bother me how old or young someone is for the purposes of this site.

If you don't like what they are saying after you have invited them to be your friend, it's simple press the DELETE button that's why it's there.