Options
    hahahhahaha. sorry
  • Nfairley
    Options
    I'm guilty of trying to subtract hair weight :laugh:
  • Pezko
    Pezko Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This sounds a bit... desperate. Even just using the bathroom would make your weight change more.

It's just a few ounces / a few hundred grams. Depends on the thickness of your hair, too. And what do you know, someone on Youtube even weighed their hair (48" long!) and it still only came to 0.5 lbs / 225 g: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XduqBu1s44Y
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I saw this topic and am absolutely convinced that it's a JOKE thread... and if not? It should be!

... sorry, but sometimes people just get a little too serious about every little ounce - this is a journey not a destination. Your hair will grow, you'll get it cut, it'll grow again. That? Shouldn't really be something you are worried about when looking at how you are doing in the overall perspective.

And with that - I'm gonna not read beyond the first couple of posts and walk out of here thinking that this was indeed a joke thread.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Depends on length and thickness. I have medium to fine hair so my hair would be lighter than my mom who has thicker and longer hair than mine. In any event, it's still not that much. You may wanna stick with losing weight from your actual body though.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Okay, side note, how much does poop weigh? Because no joking aside, I always weigh in after I poop.

I totally get the hair question!! :) But I agree, it's probably a negligible amount.
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have a shave next weigh in day :bigsmile:
  • CarmenLynn75
    CarmenLynn75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Honestly.. has anyone that's laughed about this ever had thick, long hair up in a pony tail?

It has to be 2 pounds, possibly more. Hold a butt length thick braid in your hand away from your body for 5mins.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    every time I log in something on this site amazes me. since the point of losing weight/getting healthy is losing fat - what in the heck could hair weight have to do with ANYTHING? what if the scale hasnt moved- shall we assume your hair was invisible and weighed nothing?!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    lol my mom told me I would lose 10 pounds if I cut my hair...not quite, but almost :-)
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    really...
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Well, it's not like you added hair and will gain weight. :bigsmile:

Take the loss (if any) and move on. It's not like it'll make your weight loss higher every week, now will it? :huh:
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    If you're serious, I think you need to see a therapist.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Unless it's wet, it don't weigh much.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Hair weighs about a pound per inch. So if you cut off 5 inches, you've lost 5 pounds. Congrats!!
  • EssentialElement
    Options
    HEy guys it's a question and she just wanted to know. Don't stone her. Sure that weight wont matter much if it is here or gone. Hair weight matters if it is so much that is causes strain on your posture. Other than that it is pretty much there to keep the sun from beaming on your scalp...oh and it makes you look cute too. lol
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Probably falls in the same range standard weight fluctuations due to water weight. Doesn't matter.

Next....
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    And I didn't say that to be mean. I just think if you're going that far, there could be a problem.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Honestly.. has anyone that's laughed about this ever had thick, long hair up in a pony tail?

It has to be 2 pounds, possibly more. Hold a butt length thick braid in your hand away from your body for 5mins.
    It does feel heavy! (But it's not.)

A lot of people are being total d-bags (big surprise on MFP forums). It's a legit question, especially since from the sounds of things, OP hasn't had such a dramatic hair change in a while and just wants to know if it'll affect her next weigh-in.

Again, hair can feel super heavy, but will it affect weigh in? I very highly doubt it.