How do you satisfy your sweet tooth?

Options

Replies

• mkzara
    mkzara Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for the handi-snacks vanilla pudding.

I know, I know, sugar is evil. But I really like that they have 90 calories and they have their own little container so you can eat only a little bit and be done.
  • jollygreencc
    jollygreencc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use cashews or flavored almonds. I also recently discovered "dairy-free" chocolate chips. They're expensive, but 1/8 cup of them satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    might sound odd - but my homemade pickled beets - 20calories for a half cup - and satisfies the sweet and sour cravings (and ruins your taste buds for a little while afterwards so you actually don't want to eat anything else lol)
  • icandoanything2
    icandoanything2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    luna bars, frozen yogurt, and sometimes I just can't say no to the occasional piece of chocolate
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I just have a cupcake or ice cream or something like that. Usually does the trick! If not, I have both!
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Jet-puffed chocolate covered mini-marshmallows. Only 5 calories each. I usually eat between three and six depending on how many calories I have to spend. The perfect chocolate/sweet tooth cure for me. :D
  • maggamooo
    Options
    i eat ice cream or sweets every day. Usually the light ice cream. I just make sure its within my calories. Im working on this, but if I have to give up sweets I won't stick to it. Thats just me.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    The usuals:
    60 calorie sugar-free jello pudding. I rotate flavors! (once or twice a week)

skinny cow strawberry shortcake ice cream sandwich (maybe once a week)

The bf loves to go out for ice cream, so when we do I always get the no sugar added froyo in the kiddie size. I love it.

The occasional treats:
    If I go to a wedding, I am having cake. I promise I will dance it off after!

Donuts are my favorite thing ever. I allow myself to have one once a month. I never find myself absolutely needing it more than that....even though I used to get them 2-3 mornings every week! Crazy.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want. If it's ice cream. . .yup I'll have a SMALL dish of ice cream. If it's chocolate, I'll hit the dark chocolate. If it's a cookie, I'll do my best to only have one or two.

I have a crazy sweet tooth, so I'm always wanting something sweet. If I try to substitute for something kinda sweet but healthy, I will eventually end up eating the thing I was wanting originally. Better to have 2 chocolate chip cookies (home made) and be done with it than eat a banana, maybe some yogurt and end up eating the cookies, too.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Fiber One chocolate bars are yummy!
    Or the Giant brand of ice cream sandwiches...i think they call them arctic bars. 150 cals
  • siggakolla
    siggakolla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    One pot of Aero chocolate mouse! only 97 calories per pot and they are oh so rich and delicious. I was a bit nervous about buying 4 pots (they are sold in packs of 4) but to be honest, they are so chocolatey ive never wanted 2!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    By eating sweets. Though when I'm off sugar I eat fruit.
  • mama78loosinWeight
    Options
    FRUIT! any frozen, dried or fresh fruit (especially frozen grapes, dried cherries, and fresh strawberries)
    any skinny cow product
    1-2oz of good quality dark chocolate covered almonds
    low fat frozen yogurt
    Italian Ice
    Cinnamon Graham crackers
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    By eating sweets. Though when I'm off sugar I eat fruit.

ETA: When I'm off REFINED sugar.

ETA: Ugh, I quoted instead of edited because all of these sweets have fried my brain.
  • km2830
    km2830 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate,
    small capaccinos with cinnamon and a bit of sugar,
    ciao bella gelatos and sorbets portioned in a small dish (i love the coconut and mango!)
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Homemade Fruit Crisps. (Peach, Apple, Blueberry)
    Heavy on the fruit, light on the topping.
    With REAL butter.

Also dark chocolate squares and peanut butter on graham crackers hits the spot. :happy:
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    To satisfy my sweet tooth this weekend, I made two vegan chocolate fudge pies. One for a family dinner and one for a cookout. Then I satisfied my sweet tooth with leftover chocolate chips and chopped walnuts :)
  • ajohn252
    Options
    Recently I bought the Juicy Fruit Dessert gum
    and I've found it helps when you just want a taste of
    something sweet. They taste quite a lot like actual desserts
    and sometimes they do the trick.
  • DenisePenland
    Options
    skinny cow or weight watchers ice cream
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    My new thing is a PB&J. It's about 300 cals, but not all sweet and partially healthy. I use half a serving of peanut butter, and wheat bread that is only 80 cals per slice. It's a yummy snack for me and makes me happy.