Tattoos, yes or no?

Options

Replies

• heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I currently have a few, including two shoulder pieces I plan on expanding into half-sleeves sitting about my elbows.
    I'm pretty conservative the way I dress when I'm in a professional setting, so I nearly always have sleeves at least half length or longer.
    Tattoos are a form of expression. I love them, and they are all meaningful and symbolic for me. Everything I put on my body is me, and their meaning can follow me in every walk of life.

As for people that think they are trashy or ugly or pointless.....don't be so judgemental. They don't affect who people are as a whole, except maybe for giving them thicker skin.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Well I've 2, wrist and foot, so I am biased lol. Go for it if you're sure! :)
  • mcfc4tony
    mcfc4tony Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes :bigsmile:
    Have a look at my tatts (http://flic.kr/s/aHsjq2Tz8Y) and see if any give you insperation :happy:
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    yes
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    nope.

never looks good when you are old.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    go for it :)
    i have 2. still saving the money to get the second one finished. i'm a wuss and couldn't sit another half hr! planning on a few more after that's done :)
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Yes! The more meaningful the better!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    No
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    nope.

never looks good when you are old.

if they mean something then it doesn't matter :) mine both have meaning
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    *kitten* yes
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I have four, and looking to remove one and add 2. Then ill be done. My husband has none and i love it that way. It's weird cuz i feel like once you get one, its hard to stop getting them. Shouldn't have got any to begin with, lol. That being said, i love them, but make sure that everything you have inked on your body have deep meaning and are things that will never change about you.
  • uk_ja
    uk_ja Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hate them so no
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    i just cannot figure out what i want on my body for the rest of my life. No tats for me
  • Amber__E
    Amber__E Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is completely sleeved and I love it! Tattoos are art - go for it! Just take care in picking out something you love.
  • krawl78
    krawl78 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes, but there are guidelines. You need to research your artist, look at their portfolios, ensure that what you want design wise is a specialty of theirs.

Also, do not get a generic off the wall/out of a book tattoo. Take the time and design the image in your head, jot down the notes, bring references for color, image, size. Tattoos that have some significance in your life, some meaning, will lead to no regrets. Every tat I have on my body was my design and holds a special meaning. I love them all and won't regret for a minute I got them.
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Yes, but there are guidelines. You need to research your artist, look at their portfolios, ensure that what you want design wise is a specialty of theirs.

Also, do not get a generic off the wall/out of a book tattoo. Take the time and design the image in your head, jot down the notes, bring references for color, image, size. Tattoos that have some significance in your life, some meaning, will lead to no regrets. Every tat I have on my body was my design and holds a special meaning. I love them all and won't regret for a minute I got them.
    I totally agree. All my tattoos mean something to me and remind me of a place and time in my life. I don't care what other people think about them they're for me. Do your research and find a good artist!
  • big_drake
    Options
    I love tattoos. Can't get enough of them. A woman with a tattoo, especially one that's different and not just some lame tramp stamp is tops in my book. A nice half sleeve or big back piece......*drool*
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    No.
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    if you want it, get it.
  • Sojaided34
    Options
    I have two. The first one you can't see unless I'm naked (it's on my left hip). The second one, regrettably, is on my shoulder. I wish I hadn't done that. I don't recommend getting them somewhere that is hard to cover up. My roommate is having trouble finding a job because she has three on her wrists and hands. She doesn't regret them, but I think that in this economy it's a terrible idea to make yourself LESS desirable to an employer.

Not true. There is a guy at a well known place here. He's got the ear stretcher things, tattoos all over and face piercings. If your work experience exceeds your appearance you should have no problem getting a job no matter how many tattoos or where they are. I have 2. One on my calf and one on my shoulder and i had purple hair when I got my job at a city councillors office.