Tattoos, yes or no?

Options

Replies

• Maebull
    Maebull Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love my tattoos. I do have a professional job though. Sometimes it is a little hard to hide them. I would keep that in mind.
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have 8 tattoos and I don't regret any of them. Some I've designed myself and mean a lot to me. I have one that I got simply because it was done for free. Another one of them I let my tattoo guy just come up with something and I wasn't even sure what it was going to look like until it was done. Most of mine can be covered for work if necessary, but I don't hide them normally. As for how they'll look when I'm old? If I'm a hot enough grandma to show off the skin that's inked, then I don't think I'll have much to worry about. BAMF Grandma for the win.

If you want it, you should dooooiiit.
  • nsgrl65
    Options
    I have 2 and love them....got my first when I was forty!! One on my ankle is dedicated to my kids and I get a lot of compliments about it. My other one is on my hip and only my husband and I see it for now. My reward when I reach my goal weight is another one. make sure u choose a design or quote that means something to u and u will never regret it.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I feel like tatoos have gotten a little overexposed. You know, it used to be just the bad boys, then it was the bad girls and now it's every damn person I see (admittedly, I live in a neighborhood populated by hipsters and dirtbags)
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    1344044260453_8468303.png
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    1344044260453_8468303.png

*like*
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    THe problem is now everyone has one, its more common to see people with them than without them
  • ceajules
    ceajules Posts: 123
    Options
    Love my tats most are hidden or can be
    One on ankle
    one on foot
    one on inside of finger
    One on shoulder
    one on back :)
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    I think they are a personal preference. If you want one, go for it. I personally said I'd never get one. Then I woke up one day and randomly decided I wanted one. I have 2 now. both of mine can be hidden or shown at my discretion. I think I'd like 1 more.
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • FitspoEm
    FitspoEm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    YES i love tattooos :D
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    nope.

never looks good when you are old.

if they mean something then it doesn't matter :) mine both have meaning

^ 1st mine also have meaning so I don't really care what they will look like. 2nd my aunt who is 89 has one on her foot and she still looks bad azz ;-)
  • Sojaided34
    Options
    Wondering where you guys who are saying that you can't get hired if you have tattoos? There are many professionals who have tattoos (not covered up) here where I live. In Canada. If you can't get a job BECAUSE of a tattoo that's discrimination. Or clearly you weren't qualified enough or weren't up to their standard. I know lawyers who have neck tattoos, drs who have tattoos on wrists. My friend who is an accountant has a sleeve tattoo and wears tank tops in the summer to her job.

Remember tattoos do not make you look hard core to the point you are unemployable. It's all a matter of how you handle yourself.

I have two tattoos: ying yang and winnie the pooh (I love pooh bear). Your tattoo is your choice. Why ask others what they think?
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    yup
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    i think theyre beautiful, but they need to be something really personal and meaningful to you. dont just get one on a whim! but also i dont think you should care what others think; the whole point of tattoos is really that they are tied to who YOU are and what you want :)
  • krawl78
    krawl78 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wondering where you guys who are saying that you can't get hired if you have tattoos? There are many professionals who have tattoos (not covered up) here where I live. In Canada. If you can't get a job BECAUSE of a tattoo that's discrimination. Or clearly you weren't qualified enough or weren't up to their standard. I know lawyers who have neck tattoos, drs who have tattoos on wrists. My friend who is an accountant has a sleeve tattoo and wears tank tops in the summer to her job.

Remember tattoos do not make you look hard core to the point you are unemployable. It's all a matter of how you handle yourself.

I have two tattoos: ying yang and winnie the pooh (I love pooh bear). Your tattoo is your choice. Why ask others what they think?

I agree - I live in Toronto and my CEO loves my tattoos! :) I do have them in places that could be hidden - but I've never covered them up. If you don't like it - avert your damn eyes!
  • b1g_tun4
    Options
    Not for me...but "to each his/her own" is how I live
  • Maebull
    Maebull Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! I love tattoos on both men and women. Very sexy, in my opinion. Just a warning... They CAN be addicting!

Very true, I started with one on my belly. At the time I said I would never do it again because it hurt. I now have a total of 6, and thinking about a half sleeve. Tattos are very addictive. I love them....
  • siggakolla
    siggakolla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos, and i dont agree with "you need to get something meaningful... something that has a very special meaning etc" because for me, finding something beautiful is meaning enough! i am getting a tattoo that means something to me, but i find tattoos just as beautiful even if they dont "mean" anything
  • Hexidecimal02
    Hexidecimal02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I say yes, absolutely. I have two. Just put some thought into it - don't get one on a whim.