Tattoos, yes or no?

Options
Summerful
Summerful Posts: 46 Member
I was thinking about getting a tattoo and wanted to know your general honest thoughts about them. Mine I would want small and nothing that stands out too much (was thinking of an outline of a heart with possibly and awareness ribbon small with it).

General thoughts about tattoos in general? Tips also welcome :)

Replies

• Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I love tats! Go for it!
  • isabellekitty
    isabellekitty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes but not on hands, face or neck. Go to a reputable shop. The feet hurt, anywhere over bone is painful. I love my foot tattoo though, it was with it.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Not a fan myself.
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I say yes for sure as I already have a few myself xP Make sure it means something to you though, nothing's worse than a meaningless tattoo!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of tattoos, but I do like very small, tastefully done, sentimental ones that can be hidden for certain situations and occasions.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i have tattoos all over...both large and small...go to a reputable person...i go to one shop...they have done all my tattoos..ill never go anywhere else..and research what you want...mine all have meaning and took me a while to think about before getting them.
  • vanessagxo
    Options
    Love 'em!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have two. I like a little body art.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have two. The first one you can't see unless I'm naked (it's on my left hip). The second one, regrettably, is on my shoulder. I wish I hadn't done that. I don't recommend getting them somewhere that is hard to cover up. My roommate is having trouble finding a job because she has three on her wrists and hands. She doesn't regret them, but I think that in this economy it's a terrible idea to make yourself LESS desirable to an employer.
  • Abaiz
    Abaiz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Love a woman with tattoos, just make sure you design your own and get something meaningful.
  • chancie72
    chancie72 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have 3 tattoos, all of them reasonable small and all of them can easily be covered. Having said that however, If I had it over to do again I would not have gotten any of them. Really think it through before you get one:)
  • Cassie8877
    Options
    IN LOOVVEE WITH TATS!!! :) ONLY HAVE 3 SO FAR.. AND TATS ON MEN MAIN THERE BACKS AND ARMS!!! GOOD GOD! YUM!
  • marysue1965
    marysue1965 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't care for tattoos personally, i never felt the need or desire, & thier so permanent.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I think tattoos are very cool! I love them! I've always wanted like 2 or 3....but, I've been too scared to get one. I have a phobia of needles. Plus, I have no idea what I would get..lol.
  • Fitmom4boys
    Fitmom4boys Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A small one is fun....i have several left over from my 20s ( im 40) the only one I would not do again is the one on the back of my neck...too obvious sometimes when I would rather it not show....
    Go for it!
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yes but not on hands, face or neck. Go to a reputable shop. The feet hurt, anywhere over bone is painful. I love my foot tattoo though, it was with it.

^^This^^

Do your homework, seek other people's opinions, and wait a few days before you make a final decision. Also make sure you know what kind of after-care is required so that your skin can heal.
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    somewhere you can hide. You don't want to limit your future because you have them and can't get a professional job. I have one on my ankle and I loved loved roses when I was in high school, not so much now.
  • yodaforreal
    Options
    I say go for it! I only have 1 butterfly on my ankle and intend on getting more.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    NO!!! They are ugly, especially on women.
  • SherryLynn82
    SherryLynn82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've had mine about six months now. I still love it! It's my favorite quote done on my shoulder, so it's easy to hide in anything except a tank top, but easy to show off too! I don't regret it at all.