Replies

• Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    one word: addicting!
  • mtarika
    mtarika Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I went to a museum exhibition on tattoos a few years ago and it was quite interesting seeing how tattoos evolve and look different as people age. They showed some people who were 90 with tattoos and the design certainly didn't look the same. Also, I had a friend who got a tattoo and gained about 50 pounds and the tattoo looks disfigured afterwards. I would definitely recommend thinking carefully about it before making your decision. Tattoos can be beautiful and are a wonderful form of art but it is important to remember they are permanent prior to making your decision to get one. Good luck making your choice!
  • DayumStraightIAmEllie
    Options
    I wish i was brave enough to get one! Get it! Just think about how it might look when you are older....but get one!
  • LaurenLite
    Options
    No way. Too permanent- think long term- fading, weight gain/loss (they do stretch and get wrinkly too), and what about your senior years- granny with a tat?
  • jmllmj
    Options
    My philosophy? If you have to ask others about whether or not you should do it - you shouldn't. Tattoos, in my opinion, are for you and no one else. If you have to ask for acceptance, etc than I don't think you should do it until you know for sure that it is 100 percent for you.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    Like many other things it life, you should choose quality over quantity. If you can't afford to go to a reputable shop and get a nice one, wait until you can.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Love a woman with tattoos, just make sure you design your own and get something meaningful.

How YOU doin'?
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    IN LOOVVEE WITH TATS!!! :) ONLY HAVE 3 SO FAR.. AND TATS ON MEN MAIN THERE BACKS AND ARMS!!! GOOD GOD! YUM!

Why you talkin about me ;-)
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Love Tattoos only have two myself but will be getting another soon. Love to see them on men especially back and arms very sexy
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    I like tatoos, but it should be something really well thought out and something that's close to your heart!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    That's a problem, if you're only caring what others think. Do what you want for YOU regarding tattoos (or most anything else), it's not for them, or us, a tattoo is for you.

Personally, I have 12 and I'm getting more.
  • tlgwinn
    Options
    I understand that tats are a way of self expression but as a nurse I have my reservations. In California you cant give blood for a year after a tat because the risk of hepatitis. There's also a risk of other infections from bacterial to HIV. Personally,,, just don't want to take the risk.
  • Blackbird16
    Options
    I love my tattoo and have a fair few more planned, I say go for it! :)
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of giant tats that spread over half the body, but, I love small, meaningful tattoos in a place where it can be hidden if you like. I don't have any myself, but I am planning to get a tat of a sun, because my husband's name means "sun", and because my own name has a connection with it.
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Love Tattoos... very sexy on women.. A big yes for me !! Also I have one on each arm and a wedding band tattoo cause i do martial arts and my wife hated me taking my wedding band off for training LOL.. Gonna get another one soon, maybe by Christmas.. Waiting for that new body and some extra cash

Mark.
  • evelynsmith1973
    Options
    I have 7 but now that im 37 and overweight Im thinking that maybe such a permanent thing wasnt such a good idea I definatly think that people look at me diifferent with my tattoos and I would never get another but I do love them I just wished Id thought more carefully about where I got them because whats in fashion now will not be in fashion ten or even 5 years from now but its not like a scarf that you can just throw in the back of your wardrobe !!

I think GaGa has done it best, you cant see any of hers even when shes in a bikini so that would be my goal if I were just starting out
    I would thin to myself am I going to be able to hide these when Im looking for a job in the local bank for instance ....not that Id ever want to work in a bank but you never know ....

My tattoos are :

On my ring finger ( yes tragic idea )
    Down my spine ( love it )
    On my chest ubove my right boob ( i love it )
    an armband around the top of my arm ( my first tat and im not so keen on it anymore )
    on inside of my wrist ( love it )
    back of my neck ( love it )
    side of my neck under my ear ( can hide it with my hair if I have too ..very painful ... not so keen anymore )

THINK CAREFULLY
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    I have 6 of them...definitely have plans for more once I meet my goal. I love them especially on guys! Definitely something that makes me go mmmmmhhmmmm! =)
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan!

For your first tattoo, go to a reputable artist, get it somewhere you can cover it (for employers/grandparents sake) and think about where would be least painful.

Also, make sure you're not just trying to follow the crowd in the tattoo craze, get a piece of artwork that is important and significant to you.
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have 3 tattoos, all of them reasonable small and all of them can easily be covered. Having said that however, If I had it over to do again I would not have gotten any of them. Really think it through before you get one:)

^^^^^^^^THIS!!! but, I have 2 myself. My daughter and I have the same "tramp stamp." Very regrettable, I'm afraid, and, also, she has them on both wrists, and SERIOUSLY regrets them, now that she is a MOTHER and on the PTA.
    But, to each their own.
  • sassydebbie67
    Options
    Go for it........................I have 7 tattoos, and would like to have some more............. My clothes hide mine so no one ever knows i have them ....