Tattoos, yes or no?

Options

Replies

• charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Each to their own, I have no tats personally. If ya get one at least let it be in a hidden spot...
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I'm very conservative, so personally I don't like tattoos for myself. I do think something small and hidden can be tasteful. Just be careful where you get it. I saw this lady one time with a tattoo behind her ear. I asked what it was and she said, "It used to be a butterfly, but I got it when I was young and stupid and it stretched out over time." Keep in mind, this lady was only in her 30s...

Also, the idea of having something on my body FOREVER scares the crap out of me... plus you'll have it when you're really old and wrinkly... eww.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    yep I have 3 and designing my 4th. Make sure you know who is doing it ..ask to see their work and maybe get some references. I too would just be careful where you get it..some career places won't hire you if you have them where they can't be covered.
  • SandieM7
    SandieM7 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Why not use getting a tattoo as a reward for reaching a specific goal. As I told my daughter when she was considering a tattoo a few years ago - just don't get a tattoo where you can see it on your wedding day (not sure this applies to you)....she took my advise and even talked me into getting a little tattoo....ironically it's a heart with my daughter's initial in it.
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    yes,yes ,yes,,get more..I am addicted,, if you would like to see mine go to www.mybodyart.net
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I don't want any for myself but I've seen some on other women that are just gorgeous. Just do some careful thinking about it. Be careful about putting them where they can't be hidden easily - like others have said, you don't want to limit your professional options. And think about if you're still going to want that little heart (or any other tat) in 20 years - 40 years - 50 years?
  • TabathaAnn8
    Options
    I have a leaf with water droplets on my foot to symbolize my love of nature. I plan to get the night sky with the moon and stars on my other foot to symbolize my love of the night. I think tattoos are awesome. They are unique artwork that you get to carry around with you forever. Just be sure you don't get something that is just a fad you are into. Get something that will resonate with you throughout your lifetime. Go to a reputable shop, and find an artist that specializes in the type of tattoo you want. For instance, I want my tattoos to look realistic and some artists are more keen to do strong black outlines as seen in classic tattoo work. Most artists have portfolios on their shop's website or on their own website. Do your research and you should be fine!!!
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have seven. Go for it!
  • dbevisjr
    Options
    Go to a reputable shop. Only tattoo in areas that will be covered in business attire. My son got his on his hand and can't find a descent paying job anyplace.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    I was thinking about getting a tattoo and wanted to know your general honest thoughts about them. Mine I would want small and nothing that stands out too much (was thinking of an outline of a heart with possibly and awareness ribbon small with it).

General thoughts about tattoos in general? Tips also welcome :)

I don't mind tattoos. I think it a personal choice. Do something you feel comfortable with. Also, look at a bunch of artists work. Take your time to investigate and interview the potential artist. You wanna be safe as well as get the most wonderful piece of work added to your already beautiful self. Also, ask people with tattoos that you like where they got them.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Not a fan. Don't understand why anyone would want one. And if you put it someplace where you could gain weight...it could get distorted. I always wonder if when you're a grandparent you would still want it lol. But, it's your body!
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have the tattoo that is my profile picture on our inner left wrist. I came up with the basic design and the artist tweaked it. They have great meaning for us. The triquerta represents infinity and the heart for love, showing our infinite love.

eta: Oh yes, and my husband is an educated professional. He is a registered nurse working in an emergency room and spends his nights saving lives. :)
    Options
    Tattoos can be very sexy on a woman.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    i like beautiful tattoos, designs that compliment the part of the body they are put on.

i don't know if just an outline of a heart with an awareness ribbon would be that cool of a tattoo.

i am in no way trying to be rude and i understand that it is meaningful to you but it just doesn't sound that good looking to me.

where are you getting it? is it small, just floating in some random place? is it embellished? i hope you don't get mad that i said that i'm just being honest with my opinion as a tattooed person who has seen many many tattoos.

i tend to not like random little tattoos that look like they could have been drawn on with a pen and some markers.

again, just personal opinion.

oh and also my personal taste/opinion:
    no tribal
    no geckos
    no panther
    no chinese writing
    no las vegas style poker cards skull gun flash art
    no disney
    no roadrunner, wylie coyote, bugs bunny, daffy etc

sorry if i offended anyone, just one opinion among many
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    On me, probably not. On others, whatever makes them happy. Although honestly, I usually find large amounts of tattooing unattractive, unless it's something done with an overall plan. For example, my hair stylist has these beautiful geometric shapes all down one of his arms, which looks really cool, but a bunch of random little tattoos covering the same area on someone just winds up looking chaotic to me.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are for lower class individuals. I'm not just talking about those born to underprivileged families, but specifically about people who are just "trashy" deep down inside. They are ugly and will merely serve to let the rest of the world know what kind of scumbag you really are. Oh yeah, you will also likely go to Hell.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Each to their own, I have no tats personally. If ya get one at least let it be in a hidden spot...

^this
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are for lower class individuals. I'm not just talking about those born to underprivileged families, but specifically about people who are just "trashy" deep down inside. They are ugly and will merely serve to let the rest of the world know what kind of scumbag you really are. Oh yeah, you will also likely go to Hell.

I was getting ready to call you a few names.....Then I looked at the pics in your profile. LOL
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    somewhere you can hide. You don't want to limit your future because you have them and can't get a professional job. I have one on my ankle and I loved loved roses when I was in high school, not so much now.

So this. I have tattoos and I tell my son exactly this - get them for you and make sure they are not visible in a polo shirt and shorts. I have had friends not get jobs that they were qualified for because of body art. They are permanent. Use your head, and never, EVER put anyone's name on your body except a blood relative!

Good luck and just think first!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have 2 one on my left wrist it's small and can be easily covered up. My other one is on my neck the only time it's seen is when I have my hair pulled up in a pony tail which is on a very rare occasion. I want 3 more. I want another one on my right wrist angel wings with my 2 nephew's birthdays underneath and one on my shoulder a very small blooming rose with thorns for my mother. And when I reach my goal weight I want a Japanese kanji symbol meaning conqueror underneath the one on my neck. I guess to each their own. I love my tattoos and I DO NOT regret getting them.