My 30 day shred experience

Options
124»

Replies

• SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have just finished day 1 level 1. I feel sick and shakey, Ive never worked so hard in my life! I KNOW Im going to hurt like a mo-fo tomorrow but reading your post has opened my eyes to the fact that it WILL get easier. Thank you so much for posting and well done with your amazing achievement! :flowerforyou:
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Ps. Im also nicking your mantra :wink:
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    ClaireMarieBloom Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have just finished day 1 level 1. I feel sick and shakey, Ive never worked so hard in my life! I KNOW Im going to hurt like a mo-fo tomorrow but reading your post has opened my eyes to the fact that it WILL get easier. Thank you so much for posting and well done with your amazing achievement! :flowerforyou:

Oh that brings back memories to my first day. I couldn't even string a sentence together for about ten minutes. And I started to ache an hour later LOL Now that shows you how unfit I was so if I can do it everyday, and finish it, anyone can.

I wanna hear you scream that mantra everyday. :)

Now go take a nice hot shower and keep moving, because you start to stiffen up after you sit down for a while. Despite any aches tomorrow, still do it because they help ease those aches and you won't have any by day four, promise xx
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes. Have one of those after working out and your muscles won't hurt as much.
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    Protein shakes. Have one of those after working out and your muscles won't hurt as much.

Yeah I've heard eating/drinking protein around an hour after you've exercised really aids muscles repair and eases the aches.

Do you make your own shakes?
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    Bump :)
  • krissycupicake
    Options
    Hello ladies :)
    Today is day one of the 30 day shred for me, and it really disappointed me that I couldn't even finish it...I had just finished the second circuit of cardio and I just felt like I was going to throw up from lack of breath in my lungs :( I know Jillian is a tough trainer, I love her to death, but this morning just completely wiped the floor with me. I was doing the modified moves for the push-ups, and not going to lie, I didn't always do as many reps as Jillian and the girls, and yet I still couldn't finish it. Any tips? Anything would be greatly appreciated! I want to keep going, I really do, I just feel pretty disappointed in myself this morning.
  • SUSIE2662
    Options
    Hi Krissy. I have just completed Day 3 (on day 4). I have lost 5 stone in the last 18+ months & I usually do 3-4 days of Areobic style exercise & try to do a bit on a cross trainer too and I promise you.... My legs etc were killing after day 1 & I felt like I had been dazed - I was shattered - Day 2 felt worse, & like ClaireMarie I could barely sit down my thighs hurt so much - I took a break on Day 3 & went back to it today and it's starting to feel ..... alright.
    Dont be hard on yourself for not completing it on Day 1. Try again tomorrow - it wont be such a shock to your system now you know what to expect.
    If you cant keep up with a particular exercise, until you are used to it, just do it with a lot of 'moderation' - but whatever you do, try and push yourself - this is an intense workout
    Hugs Sue
  • nursenae1
    nursenae1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. , don't give up.!!! I felt like some of the modified moves I wasn't going to be able to push through my body was getting tired, couldn't push Thu, so I just make sure I kept moving even if it wasn't the exact move they were doing. Stick with it everyone says it gets easier first few days the worst
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great post...I have been wanting to do the 30 day shred for month or so. Reading your post makes me want to go out and buy it or burn it...thanks for giving me inspiration!!

DO IT!! Go burn it, if you can because on the DVD you can't skip the introduction, and have to listen to the same five minutes everyday, but if you burn it you can just burn the workouts. I've also been told all three levels are available to watch, in full, on youtube.

Good luck and let me know how you get on, because I'm really nosey ;)

Bought it at Dunham's for $14.99, not bad. I finished day 4 of level 1 this morning. Day #1 my legs and arms were a mess, but today I am doing much better! I'm getting nervous about Level #2 LOL I love this mini challenges I give myself (what will be next?) Maybe J. Micheal's kick boxing dvd?
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies :)
    Today is day one of the 30 day shred for me, and it really disappointed me that I couldn't even finish it...I had just finished the second circuit of cardio and I just felt like I was going to throw up from lack of breath in my lungs :( I know Jillian is a tough trainer, I love her to death, but this morning just completely wiped the floor with me. I was doing the modified moves for the push-ups, and not going to lie, I didn't always do as many reps as Jillian and the girls, and yet I still couldn't finish it. Any tips? Anything would be greatly appreciated! I want to keep going, I really do, I just feel pretty disappointed in myself this morning.
    [/quote

You will be surprised by day 4 the more you could do the on day #1 (I promise) it does get better and your body adjust to it. Stay strong and you'll be happy you continued