BLACK TEAM-New Year and opening to new Members

Options

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    i would like to join -- i have lost 30lbs on weight watchers - i'm in maintenance it hasnt been so hard, until the holidays, of course,.

195164.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

The holidays were a pitffallfor more than a few of us. lol Welcome to the team. Now the holidays are done and we are ready to go!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    I'd love to join the black team too! I am married, have 3 sons and work full time as an elementary teacher. I am ready to get back on board.

Welcome to the black team Teeneu! SWEET Thomas cake in your pic. My oldest went through a bit Thomas phase. 3 boys and a full time job in teaching? Shucks, I'm already inspired and I barely know ya. Thanks for joining us!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Hi, I LOVE the black team, how do I join? I am new to all of this, except watching all the seasons of The Biggest Loser and doing nothing about it! I am ready for Jullian (can I have Bob and still be black?) to kick my butt! I like that you have tough love and possitive comment rules. THanks, QueenBee

Well queenbee, If you love the black team you came to the right place. Let's start finding your joy and getting you ready to keep up with thos 15 grandkids!!!!!

:drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

Andrew...thank you for the inspiring words...I have followed your story and read a variety of your posts. Honestly, it's why I joined this team :flowerforyou:

Thanks so much dear. That means alot. :blushing:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Good morning to my Black Team! (Can I still call you guys mine?)

Yup, its me...back again (Thank you to Marla for sending a post to me to remind me that you guys are still here!)

Well, I want to be in and stay IN...I have to admit that I have fallen off track a bit. I would say its all due to the holidays, but in being honest with myself...I was just feeling in a rut, feeling burnt out. I was diligently doing 6 days a week at the gym for cardio and throwing in 3-4 days a week of strength training and although I was loving the results, I was beginning to feel like it was a dreaded "chore". So, a friend of mine that is very educated in nutrition and exercise told me to take some time off. I did that. At first I took about 5 days off from the gym, but not with eating right. I continued to eat like I have grown accustomed to in the last 15 mos and I did ok. I went back to the gym after my 5 day "vacation" and felt like I was starting all over again! I mean really, I couldnt do what I had been doing before I left. Well that just served to make me feel worse. I felt like a failure, a disappointment to myself. So what did I do? I stopped going to the gym again and used the holidays as my excuse.

Now its been about 2 weeks (maybe a little more?) since Ive went to the gym or had any type of structured exercise. I totally went back to my crappy way of eating over the holidays. Im really feeling the effects of that.

So here I am Black Team. Im down on my knees asking to PLEASE let me join back up. I seriously need to snap out of this funk that Im in and get back on track! I have come so far and done soooo many amazing things that I never thought I could do and I refuse to go down like this lol.

I havent changed my ticker yet, I will wait for the official weigh in day on Weds, but I fully expect it to be about a 5-8 lb change:ohwell: Anyway, I am back. Isnt that what counts right now?:glasses:

P.S. I am making my way back to the gym this morning...this time without the ridiculous expectations on myself of being able to just pick right up where I left off....

Thanks in advance for accepting me back! (Im hoping for the same open arms you gave Janie here......:wink: )

Take care all...and Happy 2010 to everyone!:drinker:

~Roni

Seriously Roni,

you should never question your place on this team. Your family. I can still remember always trying to "Beat Roni" each week. Looks like I am way behind in the great Batman vs roni ticker war. You my dear are the stuff of black team legend. You always have a seat at this table.

:flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Sounds like a great group of people here. A little about me...I began my weight loss journey (one of many) in 2001 when I went from 195 to about 138lbs on the WW program. It was the first time in my life that I FELT really good. I've since realized that 138 was actually too low for me..meaning it wasn't a weight that I could or wanted to sustain for the long haul. My happy weight is 152 and would like to see that again. I've steadily put back about 40 pounds and would like at least some of it GONE FOR GOOD! After Christmas I'm guessing I'm around 180 but I've started drinking my water again and won't OFFICIALLY step on that scale until I 'weigh in' on Wednesday morning.

I truly believe one of the reasons my initial success was knowing I had to step on that scale once a week IN FRONT OF SOMEONE! So I think participating with a group effort is just what I need.

PS-how do i 'share' my journal?

Karen:smile:

Welcome aboard the S.S. Accountability Karen. We're glad to have you. We'll be more than happy to provide you with some watchful eyes for your weight in.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Hi my name is Arlene and would like to join this team

Hey Arlene!

Your in!,

Weight ins are reported to me by wednesday mid day each week and I will post a new thread with a weekly challenge each tuesday evening.

:drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Happy Monday Black Team!

Well today was a scheduled swim day for the training and I of course did something to my shoulder/neck shoveling over the weekend. Woke up this morning and couldnt turn my head without a yelp. lol. I am getting to be such an old man. lol. Eating today has been pretty clean and overall very good. Check out the food Diary if you don't believe me. lol.

Marla-Thanks for throwing the line out to Roni. You hold it together lady.

Jeannie-Glad you saw the bat signal. Nothing wrong with starting C25k over again. The important thing is that you are back at it.

Bobbie-What an adorable little dude. And a great helper too!

Tamara-That is my clean eating machine. You go lady!

Shuntae-Run Shuntae RUN!!!!!

Well, I iced the neck at work throughout the day. Luckily I was stuck in an office all day. One of the few circumstances that I enjoy sitting at a desk. Thanks to that I am feeling a bit looser in that area. I am feeling the need to at least attempt a run tonight. I have 4 hours worth of commuting tommorow and I am stuck in a hotel for two nights later this week so this is gonna be a challenging week. lol. I have been trying to think of a good workout that involves minimal upper body and very little shoulder/neck movement and I think I got it. And I brought some of my black team gals along for the ride.

It's an oldie but a goodie. lol

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/UnpkeFhfYK4yy0SK

Have a great night all. I'll check back in after the run.

DRINK YOUR WATER-:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/UnpkeFhfYK4yy0SK

Oh my did I LOL or WHAT!! Plz, someone call my husband and tell him I am not drunk!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok I opened my diary to friends. I worry a bit about unsolicited critisizm from the other 200 ppl on my friends list that will have access.

But I realize I need to be accountable to others to get back on track. If I know you all are looking it will stop me from eating the icecream. :grumble: Errrr I mean :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Yeah!!

:laugh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!

Not a great food day today at all. Thank God for maintenance cals and running like a crazy girl.

I bought some fruit and veggies today to help detox myself from the candy I have been indulging in for the last 24 hours. Think I'm going to have the BF take it to work. Feeling gross from eating too much of it. :sick:

I know better.

Note to self: GET YOUR *kitten* TOGETHER, GIRL!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!

Not a great food day today at all. Thank God for maintenance cals and running like a crazy girl.

I bought some fruit and veggies today to help detox myself from the candy I have been indulging in for the last 24 hours. Think I'm going to have the BF take it to work. Feeling gross from eating too much of it. :sick:

I know better.

Who needs Marla when you are smacking yourself around?

It will get better!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!

I know better.

Who needs Marla when you are smacking yourself around?

It will get better!

Never let it be said that I can't take (or, in this case, give myself) a kick in the *kitten* when necessary.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Andrew-- you crack me up!!!!!!!
  • afergason
    afergason Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind welcome.

Today has been an okay day eating wise. Back at work, I'm back to needing to pack my lunch and a failure to plan last week left us with nothing in the house. So it was pizza for lunch, but I managed to say within my calories. Its too snowy to run safely so I'm left just walking and carrying toddlers for exercise. But tomorrow is a new day...
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    You've all lost so much weight.

I'm brand new to the site, and this team stuff sounds like so much fun.
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Okay...I just made my food journal public. That is a really big step for me because I would NEVER want people to see everything that I eat in a day but it is time for change. I like to look at other people's diaries because I get some really great ideas to steal!

I just finished 30 minutes on my eliptical machine. This is also a big deal for me because the first time I stepped on an eliptical I could only do 3 minutes, then 5, then 10 and I thought it was so hard. So, 30 minutes at the workout with resistance 8 thrown in 3 times was a big deal for me. I'm enjoying feeling good about myself.

I hope everyone is having a nice day!
    Sara
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Okay...I just made my food journal public. That is a really big step for me because I would NEVER want people to see everything that I eat in a day but it is time for change. I like to look at other people's diaries because I get some really great ideas to steal!

I just finished 30 minutes on my eliptical machine. This is also a big deal for me because the first time I stepped on an eliptical I could only do 3 minutes, then 5, then 10 and I thought it was so hard. So, 30 minutes at the workout with resistance 8 thrown in 3 times was a big deal for me. I'm enjoying feeling good about myself.

I hope everyone is having a nice day!
    Sara

You should feel good about yourself!!!!! I can remember when I could only go 3 mins on the elliptical. And how good it felt to slowly conquere that thing. lol Now I have to run at the highest resistance to get my heart rate up.
    Better, faster and stronger everyday! Your on your way!
  • TiffTerry
    Options
    After joining this team, I read a lot of the posts and I feel like I already know some of you. That being said I feel like I should share somethings about myself. For starters, I am a mother to my wonderful 1 year old Penelope Lane, she is the light of my life. I have been married for about 2 1/2 years and I couldn't be happier. I was in the Air Force and got out about a year or so and since then I have been a stay at home mom. After having Pen I gained about 50 pounds Throughout the year I have lost about 20 pounds, but I am still on the heavy side. My husband also gained the pregnancy weight with me and hates to admit it. We are starting to make some changes so we can avoid illness later in life and to be happy and healthy. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to be on this amazing team. I won't let you down!