BLACK TEAM-New Year and opening to new Members

Options

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    After joining this team, I read a lot of the posts and I feel like I already know some of you. That being said I feel like I should share somethings about myself. For starters, I am a mother to my wonderful 1 year old Penelope Lane, she is the light of my life. I have been married for about 2 1/2 years and I couldn't be happier. I was in the Air Force and got out about a year or so and since then I have been a stay at home mom. After having Pen I gained about 50 pounds Throughout the year I have lost about 20 pounds, but I am still on the heavy side. My husband also gained the pregnancy weight with me and hates to admit it. We are starting to make some changes so we can avoid illness later in life and to be happy and healthy. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to be on this amazing team. I won't let you down!

Thanks for sharing! Happy to have you.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to meeting all the new team members. :flowerforyou: Eventually I will learn your names.

6.5 miles toward my goal. I am getting into this. :laugh: I had 4 people ask me today if I am losing weight. The scale really isn't moving but I am toning up and feeling good,
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to meeting all the new team members. :flowerforyou: Eventually I will learn your names.

6.5 miles toward my goal. I am getting into this. :laugh: I had 4 people ask me today if I am losing weight. The scale really isn't moving but I am toning up and feeling good,

Did taebo earlier today with Sarah (my eldest daughter, for the newbs) which freed me up tonight to watch Pride and Prejudice this evenign with her-- was gonna run with hubs, but relaxation was nice.

Medicines are freaking my body out again-- had to go back on 'em-- pain too rotten.

Will get past the grumps about it-- somehow.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So this accountability thing is working well for me! Thank you my friends.

Last night I was well within my cals and proud to have a few left over. I decided to set up for 1/2 pound a week to give me room to breath on calories.

Well at 11 pm I was still awake...............not hungry, just awake. I got up, poured cheerios in the bowl...........then thought about logging and it being public. :devil: said " no on will know what time of day you were eating"
    angel dude said "yes but YOU will.....and you owe it to the newbies to be honest"

I feel good this morning!! :drinker:
  • 72lori
    Options

Last night I was well within my cals and proud to have a few left over. I decided to set up for 1/2 pound a week to give me room to breath on calories.

Well at 11 pm I was still awake...............not hungry, just awake. I got up, poured cheerios in the bowl...........then thought about logging and it being public. :devil: said " no on will know what time of day you were eating"
    angel dude said "yes but YOU will.....and you owe it to the newbies to be honest"

Good job Jeannie! It's funny how we get into certain things. You are stuck on Cheerios right now, but at that time a night it may have not been the best thing. There are worse things you could be stuck on. I eat a lot of the same foods every day, I know their values and it's easiest that way.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

*walks in with tail between her legs*

Can I come back?

2413673025_4343f78bcb_o.jpg
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    After joining this team, I read a lot of the posts and I feel like I already know some of you. That being said I feel like I should share somethings about myself. For starters, I am a mother to my wonderful 1 year old Penelope Lane, she is the light of my life. I have been married for about 2 1/2 years and I couldn't be happier. I was in the Air Force and got out about a year or so and since then I have been a stay at home mom. After having Pen I gained about 50 pounds Throughout the year I have lost about 20 pounds, but I am still on the heavy side. My husband also gained the pregnancy weight with me and hates to admit it. We are starting to make some changes so we can avoid illness later in life and to be happy and healthy. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to be on this amazing team. I won't let you down!

I love the name Penelope! That was our "back up" name for our daughter! She's a cutie pie! :heart:
  • 72lori
    Options
    *sigh*

Can I come back?

SOOOOOOO funny. I just saw on my facebookish home page that you logged in. I was coming to tell you to get your butt in here, when I saw that Beansy just posted to the Black thread.

Welcome home!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Thanks, Lori. Stress + Christmas + a love for baking + ignoring everything I taught myself = Blubber Woman. Back on the chain gain! :drinker:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options

Good job Jeannie! It's funny how we get into certain things. You are stuck on Cheerios right now, but at that time a night it may have not been the best thing. There are worse things you could be stuck on. I eat a lot of the same foods every day, I know their values and it's easiest that way.

I usually eat the same thing for the same reason Lori, I know what and how much of it I can have without overrdoing it.

Went to the gym 450 am this morning with it being 9 degrees outside did weights and cardio 45 minutes 337 calories burned...I am super proud of myself..

Today is my much needed day off, I plan on cleaning all day plus going and getting my nails done and toes since I got a gift certifcate for christmas, and maybe even a massage today its all about me....oh yeah and cleaning

Andrew- becareful about that shoulder dont over do it

Jeannie- great job on accountability

Marla- sorry about having to go back on the meds

Amanda- great job on the run

Janie and Roni - welcome back we missed you

Shaunte- You amaze me, I think we are alot a like....

Beth- Great job at the gym even though you didnt burn as many as you wanted to, you went were accountable and burned more then you would have had you sat at home...super super super proud of you...wonder women!!!

All newbies-( I will get your names I promise) Welcome aboard and like all of the old ones have said jump right in we welcome you here with open arms. Ask any questions you may have, we have all been in the boat you are in right now..

Well off to taking DD to school its thier first day back...yippee...I get so much more done when they are not around...husband included
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    3BB-Sooo good to see you!!:happy: I was a bit MIA for a while too:ohwell:

Welcome back!!

~Roni
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Bobbie-I just love your little helper!! So adorable!!:smooched:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    It's 7:50am and so far I am back on track. Healthy breakfast and managed to leave my house without scarfing down any candy. Just some agave nectar in my coffee. Feels good.

Welcome back, Mrs.Beans!
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Karen- to share your food journal, go to the food tab, then settings, then toward the bottom is a place to make it public, private, friends, passwords. Just freind request us.

Roni- so happy to see you here! I'm pretty sure you were a black team founder, I don't think we ever thought you left! It's hard not to fall into a 'rut' with eating and exercise. I have to be careful myself. I tend to push too hard, set high expectations for myself and then burn out. Burn out for me usually is followed by disaster.

Case in point- December I was hell bent to burn 20,000 calories, worked my *kitten* off, only took one day break in like 20 days, was well on track to meet my goal, realized around the 20th as I was getting ready for vacation that I was totally exhausted and stressed out trying to meet my goal. Decided to 'abandon' my goal, ate everything in sight for a week and a half.

The worst part about my December debacle..... I didn't lose any weight or any body fat doing all that durned exercise. HA! What a motivation! Huh? The good thing- I did learn some things, about me, my body, being realistic.

I'm taking it back to the basics. I'm listening to MFP, I'm going to eat my exercise caloires (well, most and even that scares the heck outta me, but I will try it).

Anyway, that is why I won't set a time goal for when I will be 'x' weight. I can't make my body do it. I can work myself to death and may or may not get the results I want. At this point, my body is happy. I need to figure out how to make it lose the 'LAST 10 FROM HELL'. My body really, really likes that last 10. It's got a death grip on it.

Obviously I know what doesn't work.... now I am going to try some new stuff. If after 2 weeks, I see no progress, back to the drawing board. No more spinning my wheels for months at a time doing the same stuff over and over and not getting anywhere. Definition of insanity my friends......

Yep, thats exactly what I did. I pushed myself to hard, set high expectations for myself, crashed and burned. I have to say I still feel a little disappointment in myself with it. Its like I have been doing this for over 15 mos now...and this is a lifelong change here...so why did I let it happen? Shouldnt I have known better by now? (Someone insert one of Marlas snap-out-of it's here.)

The important thing I guess is that I have learned something. I was after all wise enough to realize early what I was doing to myself, right?

Welcome to all the new members!! You will absolutely love it here:heart: And to all the familiar faces...so good to see you all again!

I will be back in a couple hours, I have some things to do this morning and I have other posts I want to respond to:smile:

~Roni
  • 72lori
    Options
    Karen- to share your food journal, go to the food tab, then settings, then toward the bottom is a place to make it public, private, friends, passwords. Just freind request us.

Roni- so happy to see you here! I'm pretty sure you were a black team founder, I don't think we ever thought you left! It's hard not to fall into a 'rut' with eating and exercise. I have to be careful myself. I tend to push too hard, set high expectations for myself and then burn out. Burn out for me usually is followed by disaster.

Case in point- December I was hell bent to burn 20,000 calories, worked my *kitten* off, only took one day break in like 20 days, was well on track to meet my goal, realized around the 20th as I was getting ready for vacation that I was totally exhausted and stressed out trying to meet my goal. Decided to 'abandon' my goal, ate everything in sight for a week and a half.

The worst part about my December debacle..... I didn't lose any weight or any body fat doing all that durned exercise. HA! What a motivation! Huh? The good thing- I did learn some things, about me, my body, being realistic.

I'm taking it back to the basics. I'm listening to MFP, I'm going to eat my exercise caloires (well, most and even that scares the heck outta me, but I will try it).

Anyway, that is why I won't set a time goal for when I will be 'x' weight. I can't make my body do it. I can work myself to death and may or may not get the results I want. At this point, my body is happy. I need to figure out how to make it lose the 'LAST 10 FROM HELL'. My body really, really likes that last 10. It's got a death grip on it.

Obviously I know what doesn't work.... now I am going to try some new stuff. If after 2 weeks, I see no progress, back to the drawing board. No more spinning my wheels for months at a time doing the same stuff over and over and not getting anywhere. Definition of insanity my friends......

Yep, thats exactly what I did. I pushed myself to hard, set high expectations for myself, crashed and burned. I have to say I still feel a little disappointment in myself with it. Its like I have been doing this for over 15 mos now...and this is a lifelong change here...so why did I let it happen? Shouldnt I have known better by now? (Someone insert one of Marlas snap-out-of it's here.)

The important thing I guess is that I have learned something. I was after all wise enough to realize early what I was doing to myself, right?

Welcome to all the new members!! You will absolutely love it here:heart: And to all the familiar faces...so good to see you all again!

I will be back in a couple hours, I have some things to do this morning and I have other posts I want to respond to:smile:

~Roni

Actually I think the learning is the important part. Just because we've been doing this for however long doesn't mean we still don't have things to learn about ourselves. Plus, as we progress, we need to figure out how to do things differently, the same old doesn't necessarily work the same.

It's not terrible to take a break for a while. Sometimes it's good for your body. There are reasons research heavily favors the need for cheat meals, rest days, etc- our bodies need it.

I won't say I'm not a little disappointed in myself either, but I'm trying not to dwell on it. Just chalking it up to a lesson learned. A knowledge of the things I still have to work on.

I don't imagine my journey will truly ever end. It will evolve over time.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    RONI! It's so good to see you & that beautious ticker & av! :heart:

Thanks, Shuntae! *hugs* It's good to be back. I just don't know how I'm going to keep up with the thread. LOL
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Bit late at logging onto this bit today :embarassed:

First day back at school for mine, so with the temperature in the -ve's, I wrapped the boys up warmly and we walked to school via our local supermarket. Was out walking (pushing my 2 yr old in the buggy) for over an hour, and it felt good. Not sure how much more walking I'll get done this week, we are forecast alot of snow and buggy's and snow don't quite work together :laugh:

Doing ok today calorie wise, but have no idea yet what to have for tea. I am going to go on my bike tonight and do 30 minutes, so this should be approx 500 calories burnt.

I find it very difficult to get to the gym due to family issues etc, so my husband and i have an exercise/elliptical bike, rowing machine and weights machine. I alternate between the bike and the rowing machine - doing at least 30 minutes on the bike and currently at 21 minutes on the rowing machine but working this up to 30 (hopefully!). I also so 20 situps and 40 seconds (trying to get to 60) plank every other day.

Hope everyone has a good day
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Can I come back?

Sara's Baaaaaaaaaaaaack!!! Yay!!

that is all
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning black team...First day back at school for my boys and it was the normal whirlwind. I've had a healthy breakfast and getting ready to start work. Today is my gym day and I also have to fit in the 30-Day Shred somewhere. Have a great day!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Good morning everyone...I have yet to really know who is who around here...but I'll figure it out soon enough! :smile:

I hope each of you had a great day yesterday...I was within my cals with a few left over at the end of the day :drinker: but the dang sodium kicked my butt :angry: too many processed foods...:ohwell: I had a decent workout on the elliptical and drank tons of water :drinker:

Here's to another happy and healthy day for all of us!!! :heart: