You won't believe how I've lost weight...

Options

Replies

• postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I'd be thrilled to be halfway to goal, as 8 pounds in to a 17 pound loss is (roughly)! OP, you did great! Haters to the left!

tumblr_lmhs7umrJT1qd50x8.gif

Keep being happy and proud of yourself. Being comfortable in one's own skin is something not everyone obtains, so good for you!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Cant believe how many outright rude responses are here but I guess "it is the internet" and people shall say what they want behind a keyboard. Kudos to you for the weight loss and finding what works for you and what keeps you motivated...
  • krwilson8
    krwilson8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I to do the workouts at home, and eat every 2-3 hours, and you are absolutely right, it works!!! I used to use the treadmill, but didn't challenge myself either. We have the same story :)
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Glad that worked for you..
    But 8 lbs in 5 months would never keep me motivated to make any sort of change in my life.

When one becomes leaner and has very little spare body fat to lose, 8 lbs in 5 months is a big deal.

my thoughts exactly.. I'm at a rate of only 1 pound per month, but 1 lb is just about 10% of my body weight.. don't be hatin!!.. lol Although it easy to quickly respond to a person in the forums, take a quick sec to check em out and see
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB!! balance and individualism... way to be!! its all about cals in vs out and doing what you enjoy right?
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    SLOW weight loss is both healthy and sustainable. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet or competition, therefore is no reason for someone to feel discouraged. After all, it is progress.

"It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop" -Confucius

:smile:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options

I have lost 8 lbs since April, really toned my waist, and I try to login every day to MFP :)

It is great that it works for you. Kinda slow progress, don't you think? 8LB in 5 months? I just don't know if your "diet" is sustainable and successful. If so, more power to you. But why would you stop working out? I find it pleasure of coming home from a gym. Maybe you doing physical work for a living. But still... Don't you agree you want to keep in shape? We are not getting any younger. Anyway, enough my my rant, and again - glad it worked for you

The OP"s diet and lifestyle is probably more sustainable than most people on here.... living in the gym really is NOT the key to weight loss. Its about making a lifestyle change. and getting active is a lifestyle change. it does not mean you have to live in a gym. 8lbs in 5 months is fantastic, and I guarantee they've lost inches as well. why would anyone say this weight loss is not good? speedy weight loss is what DOES NOT last. slow weight loss is sustainable.
  • myscaleaddiction
    Options
    WEIRDEST THING I'm an athlete and whenever I take a rest week, I lose like 5 pounds, which leaves me completely and utterly confused.
  • susjan
    susjan Posts: 105
    Options
    But 8 lbs in 5 months would never keep me motivated to make any sort of change in my life.

Yikes, I agree with some of the other responses that your comments are rude. According to the OP's ticker, she has 17 lbs to lose which will come off more slowly than our 4.5 times that. So, for her, 8lbs in 5 months is working for her.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options

You have to look at the whole picture. OP has a goal loss of 17 pounds - which isn't a lot. So an 8 pound loss is actually AWESOME in comparison.

Eventually, you stop losing quickly once you're closer to goal weight.
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mimigyal
    mimigyal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The OP could have gained muscle. People think weight is everything it's not. Maybe she has gained more muscle than she has lost fat.
  • mom2scc
    mom2scc Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i would take 8lbs in that matter of time any day since i been stuck so long and seem be gaining back now. congrats keep up the great work!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    that's the equivalent of me losing about 20kgs in 5 months (half of my 40kg goal- just to put it into perspective)- really good going OP.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You better keep that secret to yourself, the gym owners will come after you.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Usually for me, if I go to bed slightly hungry I wake up full. If I go to bed full, I wake up hungry. It's a strange thing.

I've noticed this too! It drives me crazy.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It sounds strange, but it's true. I've-
    Stopped going to the gym
    Started snacking
    Started eating dessert most nights.

Why is this working?
    I used to "phone it in" at the gym- using the elliptical, not challenging myself really. I got sweaty but not like I do now! Now, I try to do something different everyday- zumba, Turbo Jam at home, bike rides, 30DS.
    I eat every few hours instead of starving myself between meals and being ravenous when I did eat and then overeating.
    I eat a small dessert at night instead of going to bed hungry, then waking up and overdoing it on cereal in the morning.
    I have lost 8 lbs since April, really toned my waist, and I try to login every day to MFP :)

Thank you for posting this! I'm adding you btw.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • banshishi
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, why is someone expressing that 8lbs off in 5months would effect their motivation rude? For those of us with a lot to lose it could be demoralising, she expressed her own feelings in reference to herself not the OP. If she had said You only lost blah blah in blah blah then maybe but the comment was actually directed at herself and her lack of motivation not the OP's. How does that suddenly get translated into being a hater? Why assume the sentiment is a put down to anyone, just an observation of how they would feel personally, which as humans we all tend to reference our own experiences with our statements regardless of context in a conversation.

as for the OP awesome. maybe I should try some home stuff instead of sitting on my butt and not actually making it to the gym!
  • natalienantucket
    Options
    " 1 lb is just about 10% of my body weight"

1lb is 10% of your body weight? Did you mean 1%?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!