5'8/9" ladies, I need YOU!

Options
aforange
aforange Posts: 116 Member
Well, I don't NEED you per se, but I would like to see your lovely progress pictures.

I'm currently about 190 lbs myself and want to get down to 140.

Meaning no offence to shorter or taller people, I just want to see bodies I can actually relate with in terms of my own weight loss! If you've got pics that'd be great, thousand times thank you.

Replies

• okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    hiya, im 5ft 9in...no progress pictures to give im afraid, im currently 207lb, but im keen to see too....its nice to see bodies you can relate to in terms of goals and final pictures...good luck
  • lisalovesmark20
    Options
    hey im 5 ;8
    im 161 bls
    goal weight 140
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i am 5'8" and currently 115 pounds (i lost weight). I am hoping to lose another 3-4 pounds.
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    oh and on my heaviest i was 138! did not look good on me.
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options

138 is my ultimate goal weight!!
    I'll be happy if I even get to 150
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    im 5'8.5 i started around 202lbs the day before the birth of my third baby which was 15months ago. im now around 140lbs i go up and down after lbs weekly but iv been pretty much maintaining for last 6months.to lose the weight i havent really dieted iv still eaten pretty much whatever i wanted just smaller portions. i kept to 1500cals a day and ate back all exercise cals. i started with zumba, walking, cycling and 30DS then changed to just walking and insanity. i try to mix it up as i have 3 kids all under 5 so i cant go to a gym.

this was me around 186lbs afew month after having baby...

31873_10150195617765637_582955636_12495950_3151329_n.jpg

this was me yesterday half way through insanity the pink one was yesterday....

4weekintoinsanityfrontcopy-2.jpg

also i got down to around 130lbs at my lowest but it didnt look good on my my face and chest looked too thin and you could see all my bones! i like to stay around 135lbs
  • aforange
    aforange Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Well you're looking gorgeous Natasha! 140's my goal for now, when I get there I'll see how I feel or if I need to lose a little more. It's always good to set up milestones.

Also hello all! I knew we needed a thread for taller ladies. Long legs unite. :smile:

Edit: Laurie you look FAB! I've been contemplating doing the 30 day shred (and Insanity), think I'll definitely give it a go now. Thanks for the lovely progress pics, you really do look great.
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

snap !!!!! lol...id be happy getting to 161 actually lol..
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    incredible progress, sooo inspiring!
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    incredible progress, sooo inspiring!
    im 5'8.5 i started around 202lbs the day before the birth of my third baby which was 15months ago. im now around 140lbs i go up and down after lbs weekly but iv been pretty much maintaining for last 6months.to lose the weight i havent really dieted iv still eaten pretty much whatever i wanted just smaller portions. i kept to 1500cals a day and ate back all exercise cals. i started with zumba, walking, cycling and 30DS then changed to just walking and insanity. i try to mix it up as i have 3 kids all under 5 so i cant go to a gym.

this was me around 186lbs afew month after having baby...

31873_10150195617765637_582955636_12495950_3151329_n.jpg

this was me yesterday half way through insanity the pink one was yesterday....

4weekintoinsanityfrontcopy-2.jpg

also i got down to around 130lbs at my lowest but it didnt look good on my my face and chest looked too thin and you could see all my bones! i like to stay around 135lbs
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Don't have pics,but am 5'8 and down 42 lbs! When I got to 139 I thought it just coudln't get any better. I have lost a few more pounds since, down to 132, but my goal is stay between 129 and 139 pounds. If you can maintain around 140 at your height easily, and look as good as you do, you are obtained a great lifestyle balance I am envious of ! You are doing wonderful.

If you are looking for "leaning out", try the my barre 3 (google it) It has 10, 30 and 60 minute routines. I knew I could do it when they showed a young lady at her kitchen counter getting in a 10 minute routine while her toddler sat inhis high chair eating his cheerios (you can watch the routines on a laptop,iPad or internet tv). I do 1-3 10 minute routines a day, (but you can do any amount you want) . they include core in every video, and have a special series for post natal. It combines yoga, pilates and ballet barre. They even have 10 minute yoga warm ups for weights or running...

In the meantime, it's great to hear your success story!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and currently at 149.2. My goal weight is anywhere between 135 and 139 (yes i would like to be out of the 140's). However I went down to as low as 143 and started feeling abit too thin. I never felf this way when I was at 135 abt 10 yrs ago. I will add a pic shortly.
  • holly2234
    Options
    No pictures yet! Im 5'8" and currently 197lbs. Starting weight was 215 (says 210 on here but i gained a bit more). My goal is 160 so still a good way to go before i start posting pictures! Interested to see others though.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Here are mine, the first one is an awful picture! This is last year on holiday in China at about 169 lbs.

DSC_5721.JPG

This is August bank holiday at a festival, I'm about 15lbs down, so about 154lbs, I think I'd put on a few on holiday:

Me%2520%2526%2520jo.jpg
  • ackeebee
    Options
    further my last, pls see pic herebelow. this pic was taken a year ago and i was about the same weight as i am now, give or take a few ounces.

121ct.jpg
  • ackeebee
    Options
  • Natashaa1991
    Options

snap !!!!! lol...id be happy getting to 161 actually lol..

maybe on some people it looks good, but my legs always stay thin and everything goes to my tummy and love handles! I also don't have boobs. On some 5'8" girls 138 looks pretty good but i have to be thinner to make a balance with my legs.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I just worked out how to do it, you need img /img in square brackets and there was an =sign in there you didn't need.

121ct.jpg
    121ct.jpg

further my last, pls see pic herebelow. this pic was taken a year ago and i was about the same weight as i am now, give or take a few ounces.

[URL]=http://img822.imageshack.us/i/121ct.jpg/]121ct.jpg[/URL]
  • ackeebee
    Options
    thanks rainghirl. i tried about 5 times before and didn't get the desired result. many thanks again
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!