5'8/9" ladies, I need YOU!

Options

Replies

• okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    oh and on my heaviest i was 138! did not look good on me.

138 is my ultimate goal weight!!
    I'll be happy if I even get to 150

snap !!!!! lol...id be happy getting to 161 actually lol..

maybe on some people it looks good, but my legs always stay thin and everything goes to my tummy and love handles! I also don't have boobs. On some 5'8" girls 138 looks pretty good but i have to be thinner to make a balance with my legs.

you're right, although we're the same height, we're all different builds etc, you're very slim built, whereas im more of a solidly built woman, and would end up like lolli - pop head if i got that low lol....
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 3 kids, and I have PCOS, 12 months for a 23.9kg (52.5lbs) loss.

Most of this was doing cross fit inspired bodyweight routines and walking and eating 1500 - 1700 cals

I havent lost real weight for a while but I've been doing more weights and I upped my cals for my 'goal weight - 70kg (154lbs)' maintenance so the weight will come off even slower but I'm not really fussed on weight anymore I just have fitness goals.

progesssofar.jpg
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, started at 180 and currently sit 149.. trying to get down to 140.

I don't have any pictures to post, but if you go on my profile you can see some.

Biggest tip I can give is lift weights. I look so much better(and my clothes are much smaller!) from lifting weights and eating at a calorie deficit.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi girls :flowerforyou:

I started out being 165 lbs :sad:

Now I am 146 lbs :wink:

My goal weight 135 lbs :embarassed:

All of you, add me, thats and order! :laugh:

P.S I am also 5"8 ;)
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options

maybe on some people it looks good, but my legs always stay thin and everything goes to my tummy and love handles! I also don't have boobs. On some 5'8" girls 138 looks pretty good but i have to be thinner to make a balance with my legs.

you're right, although we're the same height, we're all different builds etc, you're very slim built, whereas im more of a solidly built woman, and would end up like lolli - pop head if i got that low lol....

Yeah I agree too,
    I have ff cup boobs and even at my smallest they were still about an e which does make a little difference weight wise
    Also I have quite wide hips ( it's like the widened a little when I had my son and never went back)
  • aforange
    aforange Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree too,
    I have ff cup boobs and even at my smallest they were still about an e which does make a little difference weight wise
    Also I have quite wide hips ( it's like the widened a little when I had my son and never went back)

Me too! I've got F boobs and wide hips, hourglass figure (but with chub!). I've got quite a wide set frame anyways and I think if I dipped below the 140 mark I'd look quite ... odd. It's a learning curve though and you can only really see when you get there, (which we will) but yes. Different shapes, different outcomes, weight loss is weight loss nevertheless and every pound is a great accomplishment.

P.S I am also 5"8 ;)

Yes ma'am!

And to everyone else, you're all looking faaabulous. Thank you so much for posting your progress!
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    this thread will give me a boost to carry on.

im 5'8... 2 years ago i used to weigh 205.8lbs
    now stuck at 168lbs

unfortunately no before and after pics. when i was 205lbs i hardly took pics or let anyone take my pics, and if i am in family photos u can only see my fat face from behind everyone else :tongue:

i joined MFP this April and took 'before' pics. now waiting to take 'after' pics but progress is snail paced to non existent at the moment. :frown:
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. You are all doing so well!

I'm 5'8.5 and quite large framed (broad shoulders, hips and ribcage).

Here's my progress over the past 6 months -

My highest weight, around 277 pounds

22jan20110352.jpg

Around 15 pounds down

487519_3525705227682_1644414802_n.jpg

At 213 pounds last weekend

securedownload12.jpg

Still want to get down to around 155-165.
  • jinjin8
    Options
    Doh, posted twice!
  • jinjin8
    Options
    delete.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i have thin legs and arms, but my butt is pretty big/round, and very small boobs. my waist is too wide and i used to hate it-but now i learned how to live with it and i like it, because if i didn't have wide waist and shoulders i would look odd (because of my lack of boobs)
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8 1/2" - just check out my profile for my before/after pics. :)
    (It is a bit too revealing for the boards)
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Hi there - I'm 5 9.5 and recently met my goal - 138 from around 185 (175 when I joined MFP). Here's the link to my 'finally made it' post. All the best on your new lifestyle. Add me if you'd like! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/727889-finally-made-it?hl=Finally+made+it
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You're welcome it took me ages too so I thought I'd share, and there doesn't seem to be any kind of help on here to tell you how.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5 foot 9 and was 168 at my heaviest when not pregnant! I've had 4 children, and my weight suddenly increased when I had to start taking medication for high blood pressure.

I'm 154lb now with 30 inch waist 42 inch hips and 35 inch bust!

Target weight is 140, I'm 47 so I want to go into my 50's a trim as possible, when I become a grandma want to look dam gorgeous on the baby pictures!!

Sorry no photos, I'm at work and they'll look at me strangely if I strip off to my undies!

btw You girls all look FANTASTIC! Well done all of you!
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Check out my profile pics...

Starting weight: 166
    CW: 143
    GW: 135

I got close to my goal and than didn't restrain while on my 2 week HM, also I've gained some weight doing insanity, I am on the first week of month 2 now so I hope to see some results soon!
  • deansters
    deansters Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey
    Im 5'8
    Started off at 200lbs
    Now im 149lbs

Would like to be btwn 140-145lbs

Ive been at it since December of 2011

http://i.imgur.com/dYorX.png
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Hey
    Im 5'8
    Started off at 200lbs
    Now im 149lbs

Would like to be btwn 140-145lbs

Ive been at it since December of 2011

http://i.imgur.com/dYorX.png

Well done! Great progress in a few months!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hi girls :flowerforyou:

I started out being 165 lbs :sad:

Now I am 146 lbs :wink:

My goal weight 135 lbs :embarassed:

P.S I am also 5"8 ;)

You could be my twin!!!

I started at 163 (not on MFP) I was 153 when I started MFP.

I am down to 143.

My goal weight is 135.

I am also 5'8"
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Yeah I agree too,
    [/quote

my boobs are a DD, i too have wide hips, which is great for shape etc...but not when you end up wearing a size bigger in jeans to accomodate for them, then you end up with sag at the waist :frown: not a good look...lol....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!