To lose the weight I will:
    1. Drink more water every day
    2. Work out 5x a week
    3. Make healthier eating choices
    4. Get more sleep
  • mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I definately want to join, My current weight is 210 would like to see 187, a 23 pound loss. i have been having trouble with MFP allowing me to log foods but if I cant log in here for that reason, I will be logging on my alternate site, Spark people. So far it has allowed me to log my weight so that shouldn't be a problem. I am a diabetic so my food goals will be weird.

My goals:

1. lose 1.5 pounds a week

2. stay between 1400-1500 calories a day

3. drink at least six 8 oz glasses of water a day ( this has been a issue for me)

4. Stay around 160-170 grams of carbs a day or below

5. Continue doing Zumba 30-45 mins a day at least 5x a week

6. reach 187 by 1/1/2013

Add me if you like for challenge support. Even if I have to continue to use Sparkpeople I will check in daily to give motivation and support.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Start Sept 18/12 ... End December 31/12

*List your current weight and what you want to lose in 15 weeks, and how you'd expect to get there.

185.4 i'd like to lose 40lbs
    1200 calories a day, intense exercise 4 times a week, with one hour of cardio, moderate 60 min walk at least 3 times per week.

*Thoughts for the week on diet/exercise. Struggles and success.
    struggle with having patience to lose the weight slowly, trying not too drop too low in calories, trying not to beat myself up over how big i've gotten

*What to change or improve for the next week to help you get throught the next 15 weeks. Set mini goals for the upcoming week.
    mini goal for the upcoming week: stay above at least 1100 calories, exercise 5 times per week

*Most importantly, support but complete honesty with yourself and others.
    always
  • I started a group. Search 15 weeks until new years and a ground with a new years themed picture should show up!
  • mncodergal
    mncodergal Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I lost 3.2 lbs this week. Yay. It's been a frustrating week but am taking it as one foot in front of the other, hour by hour, etc.
    On to the next one... :)
    Best of luck to all.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

Current: 175 ish
    Goal in 15 weeks: 160 lbs
    Average 1 lb a week then reevaluate after that
    Net 1200 calories everyday, eating back at least half my exercise calories daily. Currently doing Month 1 of Insanity, and thinking of adding in Butt Bible a few days per week.

I am currently trying to get my macros right. And honestly, I also need to dig a little deeper during my workouts (take less and shorter breaks when I get fatigued). I'll be weighing in on Tuesdays. :ohwell:

Edited to add: I've been fluctuating up and down between 175 and 178 for the past month, so I'm feeling pretty frustrated this morning as I weigh in only to find I've gone back up a pound. I really need this extra motivation/accountability.
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This sounds like an amazing idea, am I still okay to join ?
    best of luck to everyone :D.

CW : 72.3kg
    GW : As close to my goal weight as possible, am I allowed to put that ?
    How I Will Get There : I intend to stick to the calorie goal I have set on MFP and get the funds together to start going to the gym and burning more calories, as well as being faithful to my fencing and dancing classes. I will also talk to my concilor about binge eating and try to pick out, with her, what my triggers are and how I can find a solution to the problem.
  • drummergirl2012
    Options
    Better late than never but I need this challenge!

SW: 266 lbs
    CW: 266 lbs
    GW by Dec 31/12: 218 lbs (2 lbs/week loss)

My goals are:

- daily exercise (workout videos or walking)
    - increase exercise from 30 mins to 60 mins/day
    - stick to Jenny Craig plan (started Aug 31/12 and lost a total of 12 lbs in 3 weeks)

Good luck to everyone.
  • ldr310
    ldr310 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was to join!
    My current weight is 152lbs. (Up from when I joined MFP)
    My goal weight by Dec 31, 2012 is 20 lbs.

i could not tell you the last time I was under 130lbs.

My goals are to make it to the gym to strength train at least 1-2 times a week.
    I want to up my cardio by from 35 minutes to 60 minutes.
    I want to stay close to my calorie limit as possible and stop binging at night!!!!
    My biggest struggle is finding time to fit exercise into my everyday routine. Everytime I get on a roll, I get interrupted and lose momentum!
  • watcheronthewall
    Options
    Current: 243lbs
    Goal in 15 weeks: 220 lbs
    Average 1.5 lbs a week
    Plan: Following Slimming World so not counting calories. I intend to up my exercise to 2 x bike rides per week, plus 1-2 x exercise classes per week. Plus at least 2 long walks per week.
  • suker
    suker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also joining!

Current weight: 62 or 61kg, I don't know for sure.
    Goal weight: 59 kg.

Only 2 or 3 kilo's, not a really big goal but I know I would rather lose weight slow if it doesn't come back that way. I'm currently just trying to eat really healthy: lot's of vegetables, fruits and a minimum of sugar. Today is my second day and actually I'm not having that much trouble. Hope it stays this way. :) I will also exercise, mostly walking my dog but also bicycling and perhaps even jogging.

Good luck everyone!
  • huffmang70
    Options
    would love to join this challenge!!
    my current weight is 143
    my goal weight 125

I plan to follow "The Eat Clean Diet"....so pretty much eating clean!
    I am also planning to walk 30 minutes 3-4 days per week
    and add some weight training back into my life

best of luck to everyone!!
  • YES!

SW: 160
    GW: 140

Goals:

1) Track calories EVERY DAY
    2) Exercise 4-5 days per week, for at least 30 mins
    3) Cut out soda/fast food/refined sugar

Let's do this!!!
  • Jesi0725
    Jesi0725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! My CW is 174 and my goal weight for 12/31 is 155, for a total of 19 lbs to lose.

Weighed in today and I am still at 174. But...I had a lovely weekend drinking wine and eating cookies for my hubby's birthday. :tongue:
  • Jesi0725
    Jesi0725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I lost 3.2 lbs this week. Yay. It's been a frustrating week but am taking it as one foot in front of the other, hour by hour, etc.
    On to the next one... :)
    Best of luck to all.

Great job! You should be VERY proud of your accomplishment!
  • jkybrwn
    Options
    Count me in. Im ready for a challenge.

Current weight - 135
    Goal weight - 125

Low carb, high protein, 1200 calories per day.
    No processed food and lots of water.
    1 hour of cardio and 30 minutes of weights, 6x a week.

LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!
  • strongershell
    Options
    SW - 192.2
    CW - 191.6
    12/31 goal - 177

I'm starting to get into an exercise routine and eating 5 small meals a day is doing wonders for my metabolism. 0.6 doesn't seem like a lot for a week's time but I have to remember that I always lose inches first before my weight starts to drop.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    *List your current weight and what you want to lose in 15 weeks, and how you'd expect to get there.
    *Weekly weight in on Mondays or Tuesdays.
    *Thoughts for the week on diet/exercise. Struggles and success.
    *What to change or improve for the next week to help you get throught the next 15 weeks. Set mini goals for the upcoming week.
    *Most importantly, support but complete honesty with yourself and others.

SW: 177
    CW: 168
    GOAL: 140 (at least)

More exercises and more healthy eating! control hunger with more raw foods! Drink at least 3 cups of green tea everyday!
  • Love2Salsa
    Love2Salsa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ALL FOR IT! I'm currently at 163.00 at 5 feet 2 inches. CHRISTMAS is an awesome deadline...I can't manage to focus with stress, work and home.
    Planning a wedding too! Much to stress about, and need the support.
  • bertoliniracing
    Options
    I am late but want in

Current is 245
    Goal in 15 weeks-225

Finish this week strong by sticking to my diet plan.