How long did it take you?

Options

Replies

• lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 3.5 months to lose 18 lbs. I started out at 180, I'm currently at 162 & my goal weight is 145. Halfway there! :)
  • mommyrox05
    Options
    My starting weight was 198...current weight is 125-130 (I fluxuate a little-as most people do). Took me 10 months to loose the bulk of my weight and I hit my goal a month later!
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Seven pounds, one week.

That sounds like alot, but it's exactly what I expected to happen. I went from virtually no excercise to burning off nearly 1500 calories in the last week, pluse my Caloric intake dropped by probably 500 a day, so that's roughly a 5000 calorie difference in that one week.

I fully expect things to slow down shortly but I'm happy with the nice jump start!

Starting - 297 lbs
    Current - 290 lbs
    Goal - 215
    Time - 1 Week
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Every person is different... everyone's bodies are different. 2 pounds in 10 days is GREAT! Be proud of it!

I had a baby 3 months ago and have dropped 50 lbs since then (but I also JUST HAD A BABY with whom I gained about 50 lbs). I lost about 35 lbs without any exercise etc so that can all be attributed just excess baby weight.. then 5 lbs with diet then plateaued until I started exercising (running/Rockin' Body/some strength training) a little over a week ago- I've dropped 10 lbs since then. Then again I have an unfair advantage of A. having excess to lose because of the mini-munchkin and B. breastfeeding.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 & It took me about 2 years to lose 50lbs. I have been on my journey for 4. I started at 253lbs and am down to 200, but been as low as 191 & gained some muscle over the last 2 years. The first two years, I focused on calorie counting and getting deficits. I WANTED to lose weight slowly, as reports say people who lose weight slowly tend to keep it off longer, as your body gets the time to adjust to it... I've kept the 50lbs off for the past 2 years. I never got a "flabby skin", but I'm not as toned as I would like to be 50lbs later. I used to do yoga 3x a week for strength for the first 2 years, but haven't done much strength training in the past 2 years, so I've "softened".

If you want to lose the 15lbs and keep it off, I would say, maybe about 2-3 months to lose it? Every BODY is different, but it took me about that long to lose mine closer to the end of my 50lbs.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 2 years to lose 20 lbs - I'll be really good about it for a while, then plateau for a while. As long as I'm not putting the weight back on I'm happy.

2 lbs in 10 days probably is water weight. Reset your expectations - with so little to lose, it's going to take a while. Focus more on toning up and looking sexy rather than the number on the scale.
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was about 194.5 I am now 172.5 I am down 22 pounds since May 1st. I was and still am losing 0-2 pounds a week. I am not losing as fast as I wanted but I will take it none the less. My goal was to be 120 pounds by my birthday in November but that is not going to happen. If I reach 160 pounds by then I will be happy just because it will still be below the weight I was when I had my acident 3 Years ago.
  • victoriaannewilliams
    Options
    I started MFP when I was 216.6, and am down 17lbs in one month and five days. However not everyone will lose that much. I have a lot more to lose than someone who is 175 or lighter. Plus, when I changed my eating habits that really changed. Right now I'm at 200.0 and my goal weight is 130-140 :)
  • thatdude3
    Options
    I have lost over 140 in 13 months. I think I have done quite well.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I started at 345 January 1st and today I'm down to 240...
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    starting weight 201lbs in Jan 2012 and I'm down to 170lbs...still need to lose about 20lbs
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I feel like i am not losing weight fast enough....2lbs in 10 days....

You've got to be kidding.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    12 weeks to lose 22lb
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    In January I weighed 217, and I was down to 180 by August. That's about a pound a week, which is a good steady pace to keep.

How fast you will lose weight depends on a lot of things. The last few pounds to get down to your goal weight are always harder. At 217lbs I was way above where my body wanted to be, so it was fairly easy to lose that weight. Trying to get down to my goal weight of 150 will be much harder because the amount of food I'm used to eating will put me over maintenance calories for that weight very quickly.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Starting weight on July 30th 2011 was 200pounds.... as of last Friday I am 165.5. So a year and a quarter for 34.5 pounds. It's coming off SLLOOWW but this is NOT a race for me, I eat within my calories MOST days, exercise almost every day and take it all as it comes.
  • Cathleen77
    Cathleen77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    7 pounds in 2 months.
    Height - 5'1"
    Starting weight 140
    Present weight 133
    Goal weigh 118

This is with a week or so in slack days as well. I know I could have lost more by now, but, I'm taking it slow, and feeling pretty good. I have another 15 to go!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    2lbs in 10 days is super fast! If you set your weight loss at 1lb per week (which personally is something I can stick with. I felt like I was starving myself on 2lbs per week) then you can lose 15lbs in a little under 4 months. Maybe set your goal for 12/31?

I started in May, so it took me 5 months to lose 13lbs. That's an average of a little over half a pound per week. Slow and steady wins the race! I have about 17lbs to go, and perhaps reevaluate then. I don't have a time frame for when to hit my goal.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Started at 258.5 lbs in October 2010.
    Currently 160 lbs.
    Goal 130 lbs.

I lost 70 lbs the first year. It's been almost another year and have lost another 30. This last 30 might take me another year, but that is ok because I know I am losing it at a healthy pace.
  • shellybean73
    shellybean73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Slow & Steady wins the race, is what I keep hearing, Its taken me since Nov 2011 to loose 26 pounds :sad: My goal was 50 pounds by the end of the year, but reality has set in and this is a lifestyle change, I didnt get fluffy overnight, Its gonna take some time to get it off!
  • Jamie571
    Jamie571 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It took me about a year to lose 27 pounds. I am 5'11" tall and started at 172 pounds and I am down to the 145 to 147 range. I lost the bulk of my weight in the first 9 months or so. The last 3 have really been more about toning and efinition. I strength train 4 days a week for about 30 to 45 minutes and cardio for 2 or 3 days for 30-40 minutes. Along with the weight I have lost about 30 inches and I have dropped my body fat from 27% down to 18.4%. The reduction in my body fat is the thing that I am the most proud of.

I think the slow and steady appraoch is the best way because as other posters have mentioned this is a lifestyle change not a quick fix. Best of luck on your fitness journey!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!