How long did it take you?

Options

Replies

• tabshuey
    Options
    @NJL13500 How did you lose your weight? I am about exactly where you started....5'7" and 193lbs. I am a little frustrated as I feel like i have done every diet out there and haven't been successful! Would love to hear what worked for you!
  • islebutterfly09
    islebutterfly09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Seven pounds, one week.

That sounds like alot, but it's exactly what I expected to happen. I went from virtually no excercise to burning off nearly 1500 calories in the last week, pluse my Caloric intake dropped by probably 500 a day, so that's roughly a 5000 calorie difference in that one week.

I fully expect things to slow down shortly but I'm happy with the nice jump start!

Starting - 297 lbs
    Current - 290 lbs
    Goal - 215
    Time - 1 Week

This is similar to me. I started 9/7/12 at 266.6, now I am down to 258.6... that's 8lb in about 11 days.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    It took me seven months lose my goal weight of 28lbs, pretty much losing a pound a week (though not every week). But it has taken almost a year following to really get used to new eating behaviours and master maintenance!

I'd say slowly is the key if you want to teach yourself habits you can take into your future and maintain a healthy weight and also knowing when you can let your hair down a bit without jeapordising your efforts.
  • erinbolton
    erinbolton Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started 2 and half months ago and have lost 22 lbs. My start weight was 175 and currently at 152 and my goal is 145. You seem to be losing just fine. I wouldn't try to push it to much to fast.
  • lorielovehailey
    lorielovehailey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 pounds in about 110 days or so. I've completely altered everything in my diet and started exercising. I also had my doctor evaluate my medicines and change them as needed.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Well, I lost 30 over a period of about a a year...slowly but the other 69 I've lost since mid March of this year. So about 10lbs a month.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    2 lbs in 10 days is actually too fast, IMO...if you continue at that rate, you run the risk of ending up with flabby, loose skin. Not sexy. I've been doing MFP for about 3 months, and I've lost 17 lbs, and have been really happy at the rate I've been losing. I have about 10 lbs more to go.

so the OP projected loss of 6 pounds per month is too fast but your loss of roughly 5.5 pounds a month is good?
  • Cassie8877
    Options
    started at 139 size 8-9 pants.. am now size 4 pants (and they are getting a tab big) and at 127.. still have weight to lose.. but rather try and get more tone at the same time.. and it has taken around 115 some days.. or more idk.. not fast enough.. but i can tell the change in my whole body so i am ok with the whole weight loss part..
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I lost 170 pounds in 14 months. My highest ever weight was 340, weight when I had weight loss surgery was 311, and I currently weigh135. I've been maintaining now for 3 years.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I started in January....and I have lost about 20lbs. My weight fell off at a slow and steady pace...about 3lbs per month on average... July and August were both write-offs for me though...since I got married in July I have been slacking a bit...lol
    I am back on track though and hope to lose another 10lbs by Christmas.
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    When I started - I was dropping weight like crazy and it didn't slow down until recently. The first 2 months, I averaged it out to be about .5lbs a day... I stayed within my calories, even ate back most of my exercise calories... whatever I was doing just worked for me. Now, I'm doing about a pound a week and I only have 6 more pounds until goal weight. We will see what this week brings me!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    4 years 5 months and 11 days.

I was 144 and now am 108.

I took baby steps and started by stopping drinking, then little by little cutting out the bad things I put in my body and replaced them with good.

I started out walking 2 miles a day, now we typically walk 5 and I can run 3 straight before I need to slow down.

This is a journey for me, not a race. I am 44 years old and now look better than I did in my mid 30s. All because I did not look for a quick fix, fad diet or something that would make me skinny fast.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have lost 89 pounds in 7 months. The first 50 I lost really quckly, with just dietary changes. Then I joined MFP and started adding cardio, and have lost the other 39. Still have quite a ways to go though.
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to get to where you are now.....what was your startig weight, now weight and goal weight. How long do you think it will take me to lose 15lbs? I feel like i am not losing weight fast enough....2lbs in 10 days....

20lbs in 5 months. Not as fast as I'd like, but it's better than nothing :) I was stuck on 5 pounds for a good 2 months (kept gaining it back, then losing it, then gaining it). I'm finally back to losing though.

Cut out all carbs (breads, rice, pasta, cereals, oatmeal, wheat, corn, peas, beans, potatoes, sugar, etc.). Stay between 1200 and 1400 calories to start, and see where you are the first week. The carbs in tomatoes and avocados or garlic.. that's ok. Those are good carbs. Eat anything else you like. I did this and lost 4 pounds in just a few days.

I was like you.. sometimes the scale would barely move in a month. It was disheartening because I felt like I was starving. But, now I feel absolutely full.. all the time. It feels good to feel normal and still lose weight. I have a good 60 pounds to go.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    18 months to get from 85 lbs overweight to healthy weight
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    25 pounds in six months, mostly eating between 1350-1500 plus exercise calories, for a total of 1800-2000. Been more or less maintaining for a year and three months, sometimes a little lighter, sometimes a little heavier. Currently looking to shed just a little bit more for Halloween, and eating 2000 calories a day. True maintenance will probably be 2200 or so.

Still eat pizza, bread, pasta, cheeseburgers, fries, baked potatoes and all other "demon foods." :love:
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i topped at 458.. and then after that i decided to lose weight even though it hurt like hell with the back pain i have. over a couple years i lost 25lbs.. slow but it came off. then i finally had a bit of an income again and really got sick of how i looked and felt and how my body was rotting away. so joined the gym a 1 1/2 years ago.. started takeing tae kwon do again a year ago. then bout three months ago..kinda got another break thru and was able to control my eating more and lost interest in eating larger meals. since then i finally got a cortozone shot in my back and and am not walking almost ever day. between 2 and 5 miles. before one trip around the store and i cldnt bare to stand any more. also picked up swimming just before the shot... and in this last 3 month period i lost 61 lbs.. and still got a long way to go.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to get to where you are now.....what was your startig weight, now weight and goal weight. How long do you think it will take me to lose 15lbs? I feel like i am not losing weight fast enough....2lbs in 10 days....

20lbs in 5 months. Not as fast as I'd like, but it's better than nothing :) I was stuck on 5 pounds for a good 2 months (kept gaining it back, then losing it, then gaining it). I'm finally back to losing though.

Cut out all carbs (breads, rice, pasta, cereals, oatmeal, wheat, corn, peas, beans, potatoes, sugar, etc.). Stay between 1200 and 1400 calories to start, and see where you are the first week. The carbs in tomatoes and avocados or garlic.. that's ok. Those are good carbs. Eat anything else you like. I did this and lost 4 pounds in just a few days.

I was like you.. sometimes the scale would barely move in a month. It was disheartening because I felt like I was starving. But, now I feel absolutely full.. all the time. It feels good to feel normal and still lose weight. I have a good 60 pounds to go.

No need to limit carbs as long as you are getting enough fat and protein and remaining at or slightly below your target caloric intake.
  • Zoot_suits
    Zoot_suits Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking when I read this. Just Saying.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    200 plus was my starting weight around July of last year. I say 200 plus because I do not know the real number. It was between that and 225. I am now 150-155 ish and hoping to lose another 30.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!