Options

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Started: 182 January 2010
    Started MFP: 174 August 2010
    Lowest 130 lbs August 2011

Never ending: Life is a work in progress.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was around 150 lbs and I'm at 120-123 lbs now. I didn't try to do it quickly. It was a steady thing for about a year and a half.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Early Feb, 338lb, today 255.
  • CandaceHoweth91
    Options
    I currently am starting my journey over again after having my second child. However, last summer I was on a mission as well (Summer 2011) and I managed to lose 50 pounds in 3 months! Surprised me! i didn't even have a goal, I was just walking everyday and eating better and had absolutely nothing but water to drink.
  • Zoot_suits
    Zoot_suits Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    :devil:
    2 lbs in 10 days is actually too fast, IMO...if you continue at that rate, you run the risk of ending up with flabby, loose skin. Not sexy. I've been doing MFP for about 3 months, and I've lost 17 lbs, and have been really happy at the rate I've been losing. I have about 10 lbs more to go.

What's funny is that you say 2 lbs in 10 days is too fast, but you lost 17 lbs in 90 days which if you do the math is 1.9 lbs per 10 days.
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Jan2012 weight 309
    June 2012 Started MFP @ 295
    Today I am at 260.
    I have lost 35 pounds in 3 1/2 months.. The more you have to lose the faster you will lose it... Hang in there, you want to lose at a normal rate to have a healthy loss.. Losing to fast can result in lose skin, or easily gaining the weight back!! Keep up the good work!
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I started September 2011 at 315 lbs. I am currently 221. I have lost 94 lbs in about a year. I am in the gym 7 days a week and I work with a personal trainer twice a week. My goal is 145.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    May of 2010 170lbs
    Today 119lbs.

Yes it's been slow, yes I had set backs, no the weight did not magically disappear overnight.

None of that matters today.
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I started MFP at 203 a year ago and lost 34 lbs in about 4 months.... the last 8 months I had gained some back (about 10 lbs or so) and re-lost it and so one year into it I am still at a 34 lb loss. I haven't been as strict as I was with keeping under my cals or exercising as much. I am happy that I've maintained but I would love to lose another 30 lbs and I am hoping to do this within the next year. I don't mind losing slowly as long as I am still losing but I haven't even been able to manage that these days. Gotta get my head back in the game!
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I started changing my life in nov 2011. Lost 20 lbs and quit around the holidays and got back on in may 2012 and lost another 22 lbs since. It hasn't been easy but i just take it one day at a time. I fall a lot but i get back up and keep going and remember that this weight didn't just appear over night and that it took time to put on and it'll take time to get it off.
  • ribena1958
    Options
    3 yrs to loose 12 stone [14 pounds to a stone] and still going
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    15 months to lose 77 pounds, which is roughly 5.13 pounds per month. I weighed 230 pounds; now I weigh 153. :) Was a size 20 and now a size 10.

My workout schedule depends greatly on my schedule/kids' schedule/husband's schedule but generally I try to work out 4-5 days a week. I do cardio, lift weights/strength train, and stuff like pushups/pullups (calisthenics?). It is not overnight and you must, must be patient. :)
  • amwalcott
    amwalcott Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It has taken me nearly 5 months to lose 39 pounds. I have been working out 3-4 days a week. For the past month I have been doing turbofire 6-7 days a week. I have been trying to not get discouraged by the number on the scale. I have lost 4.5 inches from my hips, 3.5 inches from my waist, 1.5 inches from each thigh, and 1 inch off each arm. I fit into jeans that I haven't been able to wear in over 3 years. Funny thing is, I weighed close to 20 pounds less than what I do now when I last fit into them.
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    It's taken me 15 months to lose 64lbs / 29kgs.
    I'm a 29yo Australian woman, with a height of 172cm (just under 5'8).
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in May. Never did anything with it until August. I have been here actively for about a month now. I am down over ten pounds. For the sake of argument and to cause less confusion because I was losing weight before I became active... I have been here since May and am down 21 pounds. :)

Nobody will be able to tell you what is going to work for you. Everyone is different. You just need to play around with things and see what works best. Some will tell you to eat 80% of your exercise calories back, some will tell you not to. Some will tell you to eat around 1200 calories a day others will tell you to eat between 1500-1700, others will tell you more. It is all about finding YOUR proper balance, tracking EVERYTHING and being honest and true with your measuring, eating and exercising habits!

Brightest blessings and may your journey be grand!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Off and on for 2 years. I've lost 73.5 lbs will be 1 year on the 22nd of this month. The other 44.5 came off during my last pregnancy which was 2yrs ago.

Start weight: 250lbs
    Current weight: 132lbs
    Goal weight: 120lbs

It took me about a week to lose my first 10lbs, but that was water weight. So it just depends.
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Its been taking me a while to lose weight.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You can see my ticker. It has taken me 4 months to lose that. I am very pleased with my progress. I fully expect it to take a year from my starting date to reach my goal. I am in no hurry. I have done the fast and furious weight in the past and here I am. Slow and steady is the way to go.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My journey to where I am has taken me 2 yrs so far. My starting weight was 254lbs and now I weight 168lbs. I would love to see 160, but the way things are going Im losing inches more than weight. If I weigh 168lbs for the rest of my life but Im physically fit and healthy, I'd be good with that!

To lose 15 lbs properly, it should take you about 2-3months, losing approx. 1-1.5lbs a weeks at the most. Any more than that is unhealthy!
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've lost 37 lbs in 6 months - don't rush it, the slower you loose the more likely it is to stay off..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!