how much protein do you eat in a day ?

Options
Hi !
I dont know if im the only one with that 'problem' but I cant seem to eat enough protein in 1 day (per my macros).. on a day without exercising i'm supposed to eat 90 g of protein..
that's a lot !!
this morning i had pecans in my cereal, then beef for lunch and cheese for supper and then tonight i'll have prolly a piece of bread with cheese which adds up to 80 g.
since today I exercised then MFP tells me i should eat 110 g of protein.. ouff !! how ?

Replies

• stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    protein shake, find one with no/low sugar..oh yes and i take in 200g's
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    ttt
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I aim for at least a 100 grams per day.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    take out one serve of cheese from that equation and add a piece of lean meat - problem solved ;)
  • Big_Daddy6
    Options
    I try for .9 x bodyweight. About 200-250.
  • cunnidr73
    Options
    I seem to keep going over my protein intake according to MFP. Is this a bad thing?
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to cut down on the carbs to fit in the protein. I like having low sodium deli meat wrapped around carrots or on triscuits.

I also add textured vegetable protein to dishes to bulk them up and add protein.

And of course, I love me a protein shake!

ETA: I have ~116 lb of lean mass, so I try to aim for 120.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I generally try for at least 100-120g a day. Some days under and some over.
  • derrickhuynh
    Options
    I seem to keep going over my protein intake according to MFP. Is this a bad thing?

I try to go about 1-1.5g/lb of body weight. so in my case im going for about 150-200g of protein a day. It's actually very easy to get about 100g of protein in a day, such as throwing in a few egg whites or two whole eggs or having a piece of chicken breast with your lunch will bump up your protein intake by a lot. In my opinion going over protein is okay as long as you don't go over calories (if weight loss and muscle development is your goal).
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi !
    I dont know if im the only one with that 'problem' but I cant seem to eat enough protein in 1 day (per my macros).. on a day without exercising i'm supposed to eat 90 g of protein..
    that's a lot !!
    this morning i had pecans in my cereal, then beef for lunch and cheese for supper and then tonight i'll have prolly a piece of bread with cheese which adds up to 80 g.
    since today I exercised then MFP tells me i should eat 110 g of protein.. ouff !! how ?
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I try for at least half my body weight, but most of the time it is 100 or more, which is more than 1/2 my body weight. I get there with protein shakes in the morning, and cheese, PB and lean meat.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    "..cheese for supper..." ?? is that it? Shoot, that's an easy fix for ya...add a piece of chicken under that cheese and that will get ya your protein for the day.

Good luck.

oops...this was supposed to go under the "quote" , lol... sorry
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been eating 130+ grams, today I'm only at 90ish. I eat 1,500 calories and just feel better and more full if I eat more protein. I'm pescetarian and get most of my protein from eggs, fish, dairy, and protein shakes.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    My protein is in the red by lunch time! lol! I also add a protein mix after my hard core evening muscle building workouts (at least 5 days a week). I found a Pea protein which is 25g a serving, around 105 calories & mixes with water so I don't add extra unwanted cals & junk (Check out Olympian Labs Pea Protein). Also, add plain Greek yogurt - 18g protein in 6oz and only 100 cals!! I mix it with a gluten free flax granola & blueberries for sweetness at breakfast time :happy:

If you're trying to lose weight and not muscle, stay away from processed foods. Stick with veggies, lean meats & cut back on the cheese (tons of calories and sodium and not a whole lot of nutrition per serving: you can get calcium from so many other healthier & easily digestable & usable sources!!). Every body is different so high protein may or may not be for you. Use MFP as a tool to find your healthy niche :flowerforyou:
  • wannadance
    Options
    take out one serve of cheese from that equation and add a piece of lean meat - problem solved ;)

^^ this.. chicken breast, lean pork etc even things like eggs, tuna and salmon if you're not into meat. As noted earlier though, adding a protein shake can help boost your protein by around 30g
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt--if you can't eat it plain, mix it with fruit or get fruit on the bottom.
  • Wow that does seem hard...I usually go for around 65 grams and I can hardly manage that...but whenever I'm a little low on protein I always eat a handful of almonds or greek yogurt.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I aim for about 150 a day. A scoop or two of WPI does the trick, plus I like to snack on chicken breast.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    200-220 Grams
  • Leeannboswell
    Options
    I had a problem eating enough protein in the beginning, because I only eat about 3 oz meat,and although I eat dairy - yogurt and cottage cheese I was not getting enough protein, per my doctor. So he prescribed a protein drink which I now have every day for breakfast, 30 grams protein, 164 calories, wouldn't miss it! Problem solved. (Costo, Premier Nutrition). As soon as I reach my goal, I am giving it up, don't want to eat GMO or soy. For future.

Total protein now 60-80 grams daily.