protein.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    About 100
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    200-250g a day, rarely do I have protein powder. 90 is super easy, I get more than that most meals. Just eat more meat. Double what you normally put on a sandwich or a roll or wrap or whatever. Not really particularly hard to hit.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i usually go over my goal of 176g to 200g
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    All of these answers are based on body weight and activity level, as well as preference for percentage protein in the diet. I find it easier to work off a percentage.

I'm totally running against the grain here, but I go for about 15% protein, which by most accounts is low - but it works for me. Sometimes I'm a little over, sometimes a little under. At 1250 calories, it comes out to around 47 g
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I generally eat 150-200g. (5'5" Female 160 lbs)
    I eat alot of turkey breast, also eat egg whites at breakfast along with a big whack of sauteed veggies. Protein powder mixed with greek yogurt and a few berries is also a good option.
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    All of these answers are based on body weight and activity level, as well as preference for percentage protein in the diet. I find it easier to work off a percentage.

I'm totally running against the grain here, but I go for about 15% protein, which by most accounts is low - but it works for me. Sometimes I'm a little over, sometimes a little under. At 1250 calories, it comes out to around 47 g
    My percentage is about 40% protein, 40% fat, 20% carb...
  • healthyliving4mee
    Options
    Not enough. High protein, low carb diets are best for those trying to lose weight I know...
    I might eventually buy some kind of protein powder/shake mix :)
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 170-240 g/day
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I always get over 100g, usually between 120 and 150g. I am 125Ibs myself.
    I get a load in my quark and peanut flour mix, then more in nuts, an egg and 2 fillets of wild salmon or tuna steak. Really easy.
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    I'll load up on greek yogourt and chicken as I love both (not together mind you !)

I have been looking also for protein shakes but not sure what to get as some have lots of carbs..
    any suggestion ?
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    My morning protein shake today had over 100 grams in it
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My goal is 164, but I go over it quite often. Sometimes it reaches like 200g.

You need to eat more lean meats, maybe some eggs, etc. Eating lean meats will net you more protein and less fat, allowing you to have more of it.

I eat plenty of chicken, turkey, eggs, etc. Sometimes peanut butter if I am also low on my fats.
  • myriahj84
    Options
    I'll load up on greek yogourt and chicken as I love both (not together mind you !)

I have been looking also for protein shakes but not sure what to get as some have lots of carbs..
    any suggestion ?

I'm not a big meat eater so I get most of my protein from my protein shakes. The one I use has 24 grams of protein, 240 cals and 24 grams of carbs. The carbs include 8 grams of fiber and 11 grams of sugar. It is a whey protein that is free of soy and gluten. The whey is organic too. I do a LOT of research before buying products and I found this is the best protein out there. There are a lot of protein shakes on the market so you have to determine what fits your lifestyle. I try to avoid GMO's and soy so this works for me. If you want more info send me a message. :)
  • kingcesarrock
    kingcesarrock Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea. I'm not crazy about protien shakes.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple. Target <35% of calories. The g's vary depending on how much of the exercise calories I eat back.
    A telltale sign on is taking in too much protein is *kitten* BREATH. :bigsmile: And my wife is quick to let me know when that happens.
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    my protein is normally between 100 and 130, with just food... no shakes or supplements. eggs, beans, meat.... yum!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I aim for 100. Protein powder is my friend! Walmart's Body Fortress whey strawberry flavored....I mix it with water and it tastes good. Also greek yogurt...14 grams of protein!
  • amp187
    amp187 Posts: 374
    Options
    I try to get about 1g/lb body weight every day. So, for me, 170 grams.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    61 a day is the most I've recorded in the past month. I should eat more... There are probably two cheat days in the past six weeks in which I've gotten more than that.