Acne Problems.

Options
Yes i have posted this topic before but i want more input.
What magically cured your face when you began to use it?
I want stuff that doesn't dry my face up, and doesn't cost a whole lot, maybe nothing??

Anyone.
Let me know. I can't stand pimples on my face.

Replies

• CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I would also like to know.
    I seriously hate my skin.
  • corinnamarie87
    Options
    I use proactive...I have used proactive since high school and I love it!!!! Cost 65 dollars for a 60 day kit
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I use proactive...I have used proactive since high school and I love it!!!! Cost 65 dollars for a 60 day kit

proactive is not for everyone. it's one of those things that once you start it, you have to use it forever.

when I used it as a teenager for my mild-moderate acne, it burned my skin and gave me worse skin problems that I started out with.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options

proactive is not for everyone. it's one of those things that once you start it, you have to use it forever.

when I used it as a teenager for my mild-moderate acne, it burned my skin and gave me worse skin problems that I started out with.

Dried out my skin terribly.
  • KlaMorgan
    KlaMorgan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i cant use proactiv either.. it made my skin worse. i use the vichy normaderm line. its amazing!
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    black soap. use it twice a day and a skin moisturizeror plaibaby lotion. also it helps to do a mint mask once a week if you have light skin or mud mask for dark skin. i went to cosmetology school and this really works. i had loyal clients who came in once a week for facials hope this helps!!!
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    black soap. use it twice a day and a skin moisturizer or baby lotion. also it helps to do a mint mask once a week if you have light skin or mud mask for dark skin. i went to cosmetology school and this really works. i had loyal clients who came in once a week for facials hope this helps!!!
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    i cant use proactiv either.. it made my skin worse. i use the vichy normaderm line. its amazing!
    What's normadermn line??
  • punkymonkey22
    Options
    I have been using the pro-active knock off at walmart. It is cheap and effective. I only use it when I start to break out. I will have a few good months of clear skin and then a month or so of not so clear skin. That is when I break out the knock off and it clears it right up. If that doesn't work, head to the dermatologist. They can work miracles....well....at least in my experience they have. Good luck!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I've tried Proactive, Skin ID, Clinique, Avon. You name it, I've tried it.

Honestly, what works best for me, and its not perfect, but best, is good old fashioned bar soap and face moisturizer. Also, I don't wear any face make up, like concealer, blush or foundation.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Carleys Clear and Smooth!

Saved my skin. Cleared up in a month and has been clear since (this was after proactive, doctors prescriptions, everything over the counter, etc etc).

Only prob is you can only order it online. But its affordable and one bottle lasts you at least 3 months.
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Pimples or Acne? My daughter has severe Acne and we finally gave in and went to see a Dermatologist on a doctors recommendation. She's now taking high doses of Vitamin A.

Zinc tablets can also help, but if it's true acne you need medical help - that's the only way to clear it.

Other than that, oil free face wash, oil free toner, and oil free moisturiser.
  • angel_1001
    Options
    Trader Joe's Spa Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil

Amazing product!!!!!!
  • JOEYJACKMOM
    Options
    What is black soap and where can I get it?
  • You could try taking probiotics. They really helped me with my acne that just DIDN'T GO AWAY but they're kind of expensive and they need to be refrigerated so they're a pain...just don't order them online because like I said they need to be refrigerated and unfortunatly amazon does't ship your orders in a mini fridge. :P
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Clinique, clinique, clinique! I've used EVERYTHING and this is the only that worked and kept working! I use their acne system, but they have a bunch of different ones for different skin types. And it is only $35 for the group set that last me about 3-4 months.
  • cwmw
    cwmw Posts: 30
    Options
    I want stuff that doesn't dry my face up, and doesn't cost a whole lot, maybe nothing??

Anyone.

I avoid powdering my face at all costs, as that ends up clogging pores and causing a vicious cycle. Other than that, clean and clear is good if your skin is oily, otherwise water works fine :)
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

Anyone.

I struggled for years, even taking oral meds. Nothing worked until my dr. prescribed a topical erythrumyacin (sp?). It was in a witch hazel solution and cleared up my face in a very short time. I'm sorry I don't remember the exact name of the medicine. Good luck. Kaye
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I also can't use proactive or things from the drug store (it irritates my skin and then causes a rash). I can use B.Kamins blemish gel that I get at Sephora (here in Canada anyway). It has 5% benzoyl peroxide in it, which is actually more than twice as strong as the other ones I mentioned that irritate my skin. But, this is a well made product and it has moisturizers in it. It will dry my skin if I don't put moisturizer on after I apply it, but as long as I use a light oil free gentle moisturizer I'm fine. It's not cheap, but it lasts a long time, so I only need to buy it every few months (it may even last me 6 months). I don't have acne, just occasional blemishes because I have oily, but sensitive skin.
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Nimue Skin Technology is fantastic!! Dr Hauschka is also supposed to be very effective but i haven't tried it personally.
    Unsure if it would work for really problem acne though, if that's the case you're probably better off to see a dermatologist