Options
13»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure I want people to think a sex offender lives there! lol

..... huh?

Is this in reply to turning off your light and not answering the door? Tons of people do this - people with babies who are trying to sleep, people who have run out of candy, or people who don't want to participate for whatever reason.

It's fine. Most of the kids won't even bother you.

*Edit: Most parents will just throw the carrots out because they don't want their kids to have something someone else has handled and potentially tainted.
    Yes, I was referring to the lights being out. Also, the carrots I was referring to are Bunny Luv prepackaged carrots from Costco. They are about the size of the apple slices packages in kids meals (and only 15 cals!) I'm in healthcare & a germaphobe. No way I'd give out food I had packaged. :^ )

As Aurora said, a lot of people don't have their lights on.

Reasons other then being a sex offender: Religious beliefs, out walking with their own children, at a party, ran out of candy, just don't feel like participating.

I'm sure there are many more reasons that are not, "I'm a sex offender."
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i wait until the afternoon of halloween to buy my candy. i may end up spending more money on the candy but my waistline tells me it's worth spending the extra money. if i buy any sooner, i eat it. carrots would get your home toilet papered. LOL!

if you really can't have it in the house even just for an evening i would turn off your lights and not give it out. it's sad to say but anything homemade or packaged by you will be tossed out so i would not waste your time on anything homemade unless you decide to give it to the people who know you very well. growing up my next door neighbor made caramel apples but only gave them to the parents she was friends with.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure I want people to think a sex offender lives there! lol

..... huh?

Is this in reply to turning off your light and not answering the door? Tons of people do this - people with babies who are trying to sleep, people who have run out of candy, or people who don't want to participate for whatever reason.

It's fine. Most of the kids won't even bother you.

*Edit: Most parents will just throw the carrots out because they don't want their kids to have something someone else has handled and potentially tainted.
    Yes, I was referring to the lights being out. Also, the carrots I was referring to are Bunny Luv prepackaged carrots from Costco. They are about the size of the apple slices packages in kids meals (and only 15 cals!) I'm in healthcare & a germaphobe. No way I'd give out food I had packaged. :^ )

As Aurora said, a lot of people don't have their lights on.

Reasons other then being a sex offender: Religious beliefs, out walking with their own children, at a party, ran out of candy, just don't feel like participating.

I'm sure there are many more reasons that are not, "I'm a sex offender."

sex offender because your lights are off????? i thought that comment was to the suggestion of giving away little trinkets instead of candy.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Buy a candy you don't like, or pick up packages of Halloween pencils. Since it will most likely be kids trick or treating, they could probably use the pencils in school, and they will probably think they are cool if they have Halloween designs on them.

I don't think they will think a sex offender lives there, I'm not even home on Halloween. We go to my Dads house, and all of our lights are off...as long as your neighbors know you and the people in the town, I doubt they would think that. That's the last thing I think of when someones lights are all off and they aren't answering the door.
  • samlankford
    Options
    screw that , I will just work out more... I WANT my candy! lol same thing will happen around thanksgiving and christmas with all the cookies and what not around, I only eat that stuff once a year so if I have it then I will just add in an extra exercise session to my routine.. no worries..
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Turn your lights off and don't answer the door.

Do this.
    Better yet, lockup and leave to a Halloween party.
  • michmill98
    Options
    I found Halloween themed mini cans of play-doh one year at Sam's Club - the older kids got just as much of a kick out of it as the pre-K crowd. I've also gotten whatever candy I liked or some of those nasty sour gummies that kids these days like. Once I run out, all lights go off, and I shut myself up in the bedroom and read/watch TV. Doorbell still rings though...

Last year I was a "scrooge" - I knew I'd have to work late on Halloween to meet a deadline and my husband was out of town. So I didn't buy any candy, worked late, and then treated myself to a nice dinner (including dessert) on the way home. If I remember right, it was about 9 when I pulled into the garage. Didn't turn on any lights in the house and just went directly to the bedroom and shut the door. However, the doorbell still rang at least 3 times before 10.

I might do the same thing this year!
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    Or you could just scare the living daylights out of them so they run away :) I'm planning on just buying halloween candy that night!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    If you pass out carrots, you'll be "THAT" house!
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've seen lots of people hand out other things instead. How about pretzels?
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I remember Charlie Brown getting rocks.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    If you wanna go all out to make someone's Halloween memorable, you could always do this...

tumblr_lu64l1ap781qd5zyr.jpg

I would eat them.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i got pretzels to hand out.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    If you wanna go all out to make someone's Halloween memorable, you could always do this...

tumblr_lu64l1ap781qd5zyr.jpg

I would eat them.

they may not taste so bad, right?
  • lmeola18
    Options
    I agree with others, candy you don't like. Or buy popcorn balls, or little bags of pretzels. I know someone in my neighborhood passes out welch's fruit snacks every year, and the kids keep coming back to his house!