My experience with women...SMH

Options
124»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You and your wife look adorable.

Oh sorry, for some reason I can't read what you wrote, I'm afraid you're going to have to repeat it :)

:-)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    aka fat military wives because for some reason sitting at home doing nothing is harder than what their husbands do.

I'll bet it's boring to be a military wife. No roots, no stability, no strong independent identity... It's not hard to see how someone could get depressed and overweight.

I was a military wife and was fiercely independent. Maybe that's why I'm no longer a military wife. :wink:
    (or a wife at all, for that matter) LOL

Same here...nor was I fat. :glasses:

I wasn't suggesting that every military wife would be fat, :smile: just that I actually could understand how being in that situation could contribute to getting fat.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Shallowness is shallow.

Obviously, attraction is necessary, but to demand perfection in order to be attracted to someone? Eh.

Thankfully, I have had the good fortune to not know people like that in my life.

Most people tend to end up with someone who is their physical equal (fame and fortune will alter this drastically of course!)

My wife would say that she is not the physical ideal (laughing at the very thought!) - but to me, she really is. This is not me being blinded by love, of course i can see the appeal of a gorgeous supermodel such as Elle Macpherson, but me stood arm in arm with Elle would look quite frankly, ridiculous! Whereas my wife and I stood together look just right - do you agree?

My wife really IS perfection for me
    Yeah you look good together.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Your in the military and have the same mindset as my husband (Marine Corps 8 years)... So I understand where your coming from.

My husband will ALWAYS be in better shape then me...It's his job to be the best shape.

I have and will always feel as if i shouldnt be eating something "bad" or gain weight bc he will think different of me....Military men complain about their wives gaining weight or not working out, and I get that...but we do not run our lives the same as you military people do... We dont think the same.

I understand that... VERY VERY MUCH...
    Only problem is i hve felt this way WAY before i go into the Army. Must have been something i saw growing up, now i seem to see it more... =/
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    When I met my husband he was skin and bones. I don't usually go for skinny boys, but it didn't really matter to me how he looked. He was just "it" for me. Some years later he gained a lot of weight. I gained about 30 pounds too. I was always attracted to him. Now he and I are gym buddies and we are both losing weight and gaining muscle. I am just as attracted to him now as I have always been. Obviously, his looks have changed drastically over 8 years and my feelings for him haven't. I just love him. He will be sexy to me no matter what.
    I don't really get people who have this body type requirement of how the person they date should look. But, whatever...good luck with that...

:flowerforyou: